Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Snowy posted:

After this many episodes you’d think they would be making redundant recordings but noooooo lets let the venue be responsible

Most of the time you have no choice and have to use the venue’s people for sound and lighting and won’t be allowed anywhere near the board to hook your stuff in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

The live shows are the best, actually.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like Angry Dollop. :colbert:

I like Angry/Outraged Funny Dollop. As it is, I usually skip the last 5-10 minutes of "what lessons have we learned" schtick.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island will always top my list

EDIT:

^^^ :hfive:

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 24, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

Haven’t listened to that one, I’ll give it a try.

Please report back your reaction.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Serf posted:

live episodes are the best episodes

They're really the only ones I enjoy for the most part.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ariong posted:

:lol: that’s awesome.

For real though, we should literally do that.

Nah, I'm just joking around. A joke! heh heh

So, meet at midnight?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

inthesto posted:

Some recent ones that are pure unadulterated fun without any depressing present day connections would be The Truck Nutz War (360), Mince Pie in America (376), and The Loomis Fargo Robbery (377).

Highly recommend the Loomis Fargo Robbery. It is such a jaw dropping cavalcade of idiocy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

I hope the Dollop covers the Gunpowder Plot some day.

The only way that would likely happen is if they do a live show in England. But yeah, that would be a good one.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Coheed and Camembert posted:

:bahgawd: Now, hold on a minute! You can put a shell on a lizard but that don't make it a turtle! :bahgawd:

The sheer stupefaction he would induce in newscasters at the time was worth his idiotic presidential run.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alaois posted:

There were two, problem is the first one was made in 1908 and the other in 1965

Are you talking about the movie with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon for the 1965? Don’t get me wrong I love The Great Race, but I really think it could be described as “Inspired By” at best. I certainly don’t recall a giant pie fight in the Dollop version.

That being said, I think a movie that held close to the actual facts and people involved could be make a hilarious movie with the right cast and director.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

The great and hilarious Will Anderson!

When Will loses his mind halfway through the Macquarie Island episode, I thought I was going to have to pull over the car I was laughing so hard.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I was very concerned about Gusty.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

To be fair, the latest episode he can be excused because loving Welsh. Even the audience isn't giving him poo poo because as Welsh speakers even they are all "loving Welsh".

Also, that story went from 0 to WTF in record time.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Veskit posted:

That hammock episode was a loving doozy

The last two were pretty solid in my opinion. Just a whole lot of crazy going on.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m sure the raw water craze is still a thing in CA because rich people are idiots (see also: everything Goop sells).

I hope raw water continues to be a thing. Because the people who are into raw water are precisely the type of people you want to evacuate their organs through their anus due to raw water.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

the ny to paris car race is the greatest podcast episode of all time, I think I've listened to it like 15 times

That's up there with the Marm Mandelbaum episode.

Still gotta go with Macquarie Island just because of how defeated Wil Anderson sounds as it goes on.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Miami Aerospace Academy.

Oh poo poo. *That* place.

I remember reading a long form article about that place a few years ago. Absolute poo poo-show.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

flesh dance posted:

In contrast to the latest, if anyone's in need of an episode that's pure levity instead of intricately detailing some element of hell world, I highly, highly recommend #211 The Tichborne Situation. I randomly picked it to relisten to without remembering what it was, and holy poo poo is that episode bonkers hilarious. I love the eps with Wil Anderson. I've never checked out any of his own comedy; maybe I should

Yeah, I really like Wil Anderson episodes as well. His and Gareth's reactions are what keep me going back to The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Also if anyone can point me to some video compression software thats free and easy to use I would appreciate it. I'm literally doing a screen record using my graphics card and the raw files are like 8+ gigs in size.

Wouldn't iMovie on Mac or whatever is baked into Windows work? I know I can export and change scaling and bitrate and all that kind of stuff. You could do that and then either archive the raw video captures or delete if storage is a consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

God the Boston Corbet reveal of what he cuts off is just so great. It's still funny no matter how many times I hear it.
I wish there was video of it.

Video of the reaction, right?

Right?