Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

These days he passes his time running his own gym and fight promotion in Canada. His career stands as a reminder both of the things we've lost and the things we've gained in MMA. He had few boring fights, owing partially to the less well-rounded nature of fighters of the time. I'm a little sad that we don't have guys with 80% sub rates any more, but we now have a sport where a decent number of guys in the UFC are well-rounded enough to show good technique at all aspects of the sport. Unless you like heavyweights.
Good summary, I didn't know about where MacDonald is now, he was cool while he lasted. The relative competition levels of this sport are nearly impossible to pin down because a single notable figure can embody an entire style, approach and discipline for a significant period of time but then be surpassed and virtually forgetten. I started following the UFC around their big media gamble circa the original TUF, and holy gently caress did they never shut the hell up about Pat Miletich at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This is still the greatest walk-off KO of all time. What's Hansen doing now?

• Locked thread