Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it good? its okay i can keep a secret
This poll is closed.
yea 8 34.78%
nope 15 65.22%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

what's improved from pokemon x/y, i kinda lost interest halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if you want to,op. it's just gen3 but in full 3d with the pokes from the new game.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

is it worse than x/y? is it on par with x/y? should i even bother with it if i haven't beaten x/y first?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

did you play and enjoy the original ruby/sapphire? if yes, then you will probably like the new pokemon game.

as far as improvements on x and y, i think that hoenn is a cooler region than kalos, and it has a less bad story. there are less pokemon in the main story to catch, as they have faithfully maintained the same pokemon being in the same routes as the originals, but if you're cool with that then i think it's a much better game

feature-wise, the pokenav is extremely good, and it still has the exact same functionality as the bottom-screen features of x and y did, plus more stuff like a route-specific pokedex that lets you search for specific rare pokemon. plus there's a cute little news channel that talks about whatever the current story event is, and also it talks about stuff that you and the people you interact with online are doing.

i'm a fan of contests and secret bases, both of which provide a lot of side content if you're in to that sort of thing.

if you don't think that pokemon as a game is generally fun than yeah this game isn't going to fix your problems with it. otherwise it's really good.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

mabels big day posted:

did you play and enjoy the original ruby/sapphire? if yes, then you will probably like the new pokemon game.

as far as improvements on x and y, i think that hoenn is a cooler region than kalos, and it has a less bad story. there are less pokemon in the main story to catch, as they have faithfully maintained the same pokemon being in the same routes as the originals, but if you're cool with that then i think it's a much better game

feature-wise, the pokenav is extremely good, and it still has the exact same functionality as the bottom-screen features of x and y did, plus more stuff like a route-specific pokedex that lets you search for specific rare pokemon. plus there's a cute little news channel that talks about whatever the current story event is, and also it talks about stuff that you and the people you interact with online are doing.

i'm a fan of contests and secret bases, both of which provide a lot of side content if you're in to that sort of thing.

if you don't think that pokemon as a game is generally fun than yeah this game isn't going to fix your problems with it. otherwise it's really good.

i think the main thing that irritated me about x/y was training minigames, they got really old really fast and you had to do them like a million times to max out a poke.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I heard you can put your pikachu in a costume or something

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

i think the main thing that irritated me about x/y was training minigames, they got really old really fast and you had to do them like a million times to max out a poke.

you don't have to max out a poke unless you are playing against others online who also max out pokes. the training minigames are completely optional, and exist only if you want an alternate way to EV training than beating up wild pokemon for EVs.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

mabels big day posted:

you don't have to max out a poke unless you are playing against others online who also max out pokes. the training minigames are completely optional, and exist only if you want an alternate way to EV training than beating up wild pokemon for EVs.

but i want to train my pokemon like ash ketchum does so that they can be the best they can be...

did they improve it in any case?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
op do you remember secret bases? well this game has them still

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

but i want to train my pokemon like ash ketchum does so that they can be the best they can be...

ash did not EV train, and no they did not change pokemon amie, or super training.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

pokemon is bad

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Dexters Secret posted:

if you didn't like x/y you won't like this.

if you complusivly do dumb poo poo like grind evs as soon as you catch a pokemon you should not be playing pokemon games

nah

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dexters Secret posted:

yeah. there's an infinite loop that's right next to a pokemon daycare and the IV checker

there's also guaranteed hordes for every ev stat at all times, no rain on your ev parade

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

stoutfish posted:

if you didn't like x/y you won't like this.

if you complusivly do dumb poo poo like grind evs as soon as you catch a pokemon you should not be playing pokemon games

well poo poo i didn't know! gently caress!! rear end!!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ya

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

this is a hosed up thing to say even ironically

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

its not amazing but if u like other pokemon games u will like this one. i like the dexnav. its a nice easy game to play while watching horror films and consuming beer, two of my favorite activities, next to gaming

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Pokemon is both fun and bad. I've been hooked since I was a kid and have been struggling with my addiction since.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

is your heart so true?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I WISH I COULD BUY A POKEMON AV SO THESE CHUCKLEFUCKS KNOW IM SERIOUS

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Pokemon is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the No's won out 2:1 so I think I'm gonna pass.

• Locked thread