Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Back in 2007 Captain Kickass made the stuff you can't believe you just figured out thread.

Several lackluster years later it got closed or something and Captain Kickass remade it.

Eventually there was another one and it was also not very good, filled with confusion, repetition and other stultifying nonsense.

But I say we still need this thread for semi-anonymous confession of brain farts, mispronunciation and childish misconceptions.

Maybe you want to talk about the good deal you got on Monster HDMI cables, or you're worried about polar bears attacking adorable penguins. Perhaps you were curious about how the Romans cleaned out their vomitoriums.

You can even mention corporate logos that look like things and how you never noticed that there is an Italian flag in the Sbarro sign.

Look at this one

It looks like it is going fast.

Remember when people were confused about whether or not Jimi Hendrix wanted to "kiss this guy"?

Neither do I, but I heard about it once. Now it's your turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Christmas but instead of Santa its Bill Cosby.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Elder Postsman posted:

i still don't get how the airplane on a conveyor belt one was ever even a debate.

like seriously how loving dumb do u gotta be to think it's not gonna take off. i'm being 100% completely totally serious here, if you there was ever any question in your mind about this one, just kill yourself right now because you're too dumb to live. sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings with this post.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The phrase "a rising tide lifts all boats" was popularized by JFK, not Ronald Reagan. Just saw that on Jeopardy and had to look it up to believe it.

/bump

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Congratulations, OP, your title killed the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sucrose posted:

Congratulations, OP, your title killed the thread.

I'm sorry.

You are welcome to remake it or link to whoever inevitably will.

The major joke with the previous threads was people fumbling about with false etymologies or talking about the fedex arrow or gisnep. I thought I could riff off of that (lamely) and people would keep on keeping on.

I liked both of those things. It was one of the first threads I read before deciding to join the forums.

• Locked thread