Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Lawen posted:

This topic is giving me deja vu. I feel like I’ve asked this question before, maybe in this very thread:

For those of you who pull down instead of using the fly, do you pull the waistband down so it’s between your dick and balls, do you pull it all the way down under your balls, or do you hold it down and out of the way with your 2nd hand? All seem flawed to me.

If you pull it halfway down so it’s between your dick and balls, doesn’t the elastic waistband press on your urethra and restrict your flow?

If you pull it all the way down below your balls, don’t your balls get cold, get splashback from urinals, or just make you feel ridiculous that you’ve taken your balls out to pee?

If you hold the waistband with your second hand, you can’t goof around on your phone while you piss. Unacceptable.

Please, help me understand your mysterious ways.

Your go-to move is to piss at the urinal while holding your phone with both hands?

Cornuto has a new favorite as of 15:39 on Dec 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Cornuto posted:

Your go-to move is to piss at the urinal while holding your phone with both hands?

Are you supposed to poop at the urinal or something?

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
The hands free approach is just really odd to me. Might as well just put your hands on hips and fully commit I guess.

Cornuto has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Dec 17, 2021

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Personally I use an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys

I recommend the Zephyr setup made by Prescott National; it's the only piss prep system on the market using the outward motion rather than the downward, eliminating the need for the special harness

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Manager Hoyden posted:

Personally I use an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys

I recommend the Zephyr setup made by Prescott National; it's the only piss prep system on the market using the outward motion rather than the downward, eliminating the need for the special harness

And avoid the Midgley Method, the consequences are dire.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Generally if I'm going hands-free, I am gonna assume this is a competitive environment, so I'm going for the high score. I'll be doing a Duke Nukem double kick with wall jumping, using the occasional kip-up from the ground to create a kind of vertically rotated cossack dance of urination. Anything less isn't even trying.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Lawen posted:

This topic is giving me deja vu. I feel like I’ve asked this question before, maybe in this very thread:

For those of you who pull down instead of using the fly, do you pull the waistband down so it’s between your dick and balls, do you pull it all the way down under your balls, or do you hold it down and out of the way with your 2nd hand? All seem flawed to me.

If you pull it halfway down so it’s between your dick and balls, doesn’t the elastic waistband press on your urethra and restrict your flow?

If you pull it all the way down below your balls, don’t your balls get cold, get splashback from urinals, or just make you feel ridiculous that you’ve taken your balls out to pee?

If you hold the waistband with your second hand, you can’t goof around on your phone while you piss. Unacceptable.

Hold waistband out of the way with it in the crook between the thumb and index finger of second hand, and then push it down and slightly to the left (i.e. to the side of the off-hand) and hold my giant dong with my right.

I agree using the fly is odd...rarely are my boxers and pants so well aligned that the flies are lined up enough that it would be quicker to use them than to just undo it all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lawen posted:

What is wrong with your bladder that you have enough time to accomplish anything on your phone while peeing, it takes like 20 seconds to pee.

Same with the "your balls get cold" thing, you're not keeping your junk out for more than 20-30 seconds right? Do you have that much trouble getting into the zone?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

What paragon of micturition is blasting piss with such tremendous force that they would piss upon themselves, and would create a bulwark of their own fly? Such folly is that of a brute who refuses to adapt their piss to the curvature of the bowl.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I feel like I've done a bad job representing the fly users, so just to clarify:

I unzip my pants. I reach through my zipper, push the outer flap of the underwear fly to the side, reach through the inner flap, grasp my mighty member, and pull it through the fly. I hold my penis gently and urinate. I lightly pinch at the base and run a finger up the underside to squeeze out any pee left in the pipe and shake my schlong 3 or 4 times. I grab the inner flap of the underpants and pull it to the side and away from my body, enclosing my manhood back within the underpants. I zip my pants back up. I do all of this with my right hand while posting quality content on these forums with the phone held in my left hand. It is a graceful and nuanced routine that requires zero thought and that I've managed successfully since I was about 4 years old.

I was picturing the pull down crew pulling their pants and underpants down to their knees at the urinal like a child and wondering why, if it's such a popular technique, I don't see more :butts: at urinals . Gripping the waistband between ring and pinky while holding your wang with thumb and first 2 fingers makes more sense, at least. But I assure you, I find your technique just as odd as you find mine.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

What is wrong with your bladder that you have enough time to accomplish anything on your phone while peeing, it takes like 20 seconds to pee.

I read this post while peeing.

Lawen posted:

I feel like I've done a bad job representing the fly users, so just to clarify:

I unzip my pants. I reach through my zipper, push the outer flap of the underwear fly to the side, reach through the inner flap, grasp my mighty member, and pull it through the fly. I hold my penis gently and urinate. I lightly pinch at the base and run a finger up the underside to squeeze out any pee left in the pipe and shake my schlong 3 or 4 times. I grab the inner flap of the underpants and pull it to the side and away from my body, enclosing my manhood back within the underpants. I zip my pants back up. I do all of this with my right hand while posting quality content on these forums with the phone held in my left hand. It is a graceful and nuanced routine that requires zero thought and that I've managed successfully since I was about 4 years old.

I was picturing the pull down crew pulling their pants and underpants down to their knees at the urinal like a child and wondering why, if it's such a popular technique, I don't see more :butts: at urinals . Gripping the waistband between ring and pinky while holding your wang with thumb and first 2 fingers makes more sense, at least. But I assure you, I find your technique just as odd as you find mine.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

signalnoise posted:

paragon of micturition

Mods please for the love of all that is holy

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Does no one do the Thirsty Bird technique anymore?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I need a decent electric razor for my face that I can throw in a suitcase somewhat easily. My crappy Remington one is going dull and I’m in a place where I can buy one that wasn’t 19 bucks at Walmart. I have somewhat sensitive skin and my face hair doesn’t come in too fast or thick.

While on the subject, I’d also love something decent for my chest down. This one doesn’t need to be able to travel, I’ll just keep it at home.

Budget I guess is 100-200 for both. Anyone got a recommendation?

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Rolo posted:

I need a decent electric razor for my face that I can throw in a suitcase somewhat easily. My crappy Remington one is going dull and I’m in a place where I can buy one that wasn’t 19 bucks at Walmart. I have somewhat sensitive skin and my face hair doesn’t come in too fast or thick.

While on the subject, I’d also love something decent for my chest down. This one doesn’t need to be able to travel, I’ll just keep it at home.

Budget I guess is 100-200 for both. Anyone got a recommendation?

Philips OneBlade. And it'll do both jobs you're asking about.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

St_Ides posted:

Philips OneBlade. And it'll do both jobs you're asking about.

I second this. I started using one when I was traveling for work, and it is just so easy to use that it's my regular razor now even though I haven't had to leave my house for work in years. I can and do use it with no water, no moisturizer or lotion, and no need for aftershave, because it doesn't actually give you a great shave. It gives you a shave that is close enough to say you shaved if someone asks, and if you were going to have a 5 o clock shadow anyway, now you have a 2 o clock shadow, and by 5 o clock it won't have looked any different.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I was literally looking at the OneBlade before checking back in. Looks like that’s gonna be it. Checks all the boxes and I don’t mind a less than totally clean shave. I kinda like 2 o’clock shadow and my hair grows slowly so it won’t look different for a day or two anyways.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Rolo posted:

I was literally looking at the OneBlade before checking back in. Looks like that’s gonna be it. Checks all the boxes and I don’t mind a less than totally clean shave. I kinda like 2 o’clock shadow and my hair grows slowly so it won’t look different for a day or two anyways.

If you are the "shave every day or two" person then you just found your shaver. Just do yourself a favor and don't drop it. Don't put yourself in situations where you'd drop it. If you drop it on the head, which seems to be the way it falls for me every time, the hinge on the cartridge head will break, and the head is ruined forever. The heads last a long drat time if you're not using it every day, and they pretty much are just like, use them until you think it's running a little too sluggish, and then when you replace it you can tell the difference. Also, charge it more than you think you need to. More charge translates to higher output power on these things. You'll definitely be able to tell the difference in performance between a full charge and a half or near empty charge. I wouldn't doubt also that higher power actually helps the durability of the cartridge.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a wallet that can hold things very securely? By securely I just mean a wallet that holds things tightly. I am an incredibly clumsy and oblivious person and I'd like a wallet where nothing can fall out.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wallet that can hold things very securely? By securely I just mean a wallet that holds things tightly. I am an incredibly clumsy and oblivious person and I'd like a wallet where nothing can fall out.

I've never had anything fall out of a regular bifold, but if it's that big of a concern: how do you feel about a zippered wallet? They make them smaller and larger, depending on how much stuff you carry.

Also, how much do you want to spend? :v:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I use a wallet made pretty much entirely of elastic straps, and it has an attached keyring so I can't drive away without my wallet.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What if, hear me out here, you chained your wallet to your pants so it wouldn’t go too far if you dropped it? Also you should consider a pair of JNCOs so you can used the excess fabric as a makeshift net to catch it in a pinch.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Been using the OneBlade you guys recommended and it's exactly what I needed for half of what I thought I'd spend.

Gracias.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Warbird posted:

What if, hear me out here, you chained your wallet to your pants so it wouldn’t go too far if you dropped it? Also you should consider a pair of JNCOs so you can used the excess fabric as a makeshift net to catch it in a pinch.

JNCOs are supposed to have excess fabric?

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I feel summoned.

I recently bought a brass vaporgenie for the nostalgia. Good times.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Trabant posted:

I've never had anything fall out of a regular bifold, but if it's that big of a concern: how do you feel about a zippered wallet? They make them smaller and larger, depending on how much stuff you carry.

Also, how much do you want to spend? :v:

This seems about exactly what I want, thank you.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I’ve been using a Jimi for a while and it definitely holds things securely.

https://www.thejimi.com

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

experienceBeej posted:

I’ve been using a Jimi for a while and it definitely holds things securely.

https://www.thejimi.com

I gotta be honest, that's the ugliest wallet I've ever seen.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I can provide a negative recommendation for wallet: someone recommended the Cademon Wallet and while I’m still using it, all my cards try to fall out as soon as I open it.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
I have a cheap knockoff carbon fiber credit card wallet from AliExpress. Had it for 2 years now with no issues though it’s not ideal if you regularly have cash.

Like that but $6 instead of $85

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Bumble Dong posted:

I have a cheap knockoff carbon fiber credit card wallet from AliExpress. Had it for 2 years now with no issues though it’s not ideal if you regularly have cash.

Like that but $6 instead of $85

Ha, I’ve been doing the same thing. Bought a knockoff made by a goon like 3 years ago for :10bux: and I’ve loved it ever since

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm in the market for a new monitor, but I don't have a goddamn clue what I'm looking for in a monitor. I don't think my card could do 4k graphics, which I'm not too worried about anyways.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want a nice monitor, and I'm willing to spend up to $200. Help?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Leave posted:

I'm in the market for a new monitor, but I don't have a goddamn clue what I'm looking for in a monitor. I don't think my card could do 4k graphics, which I'm not too worried about anyways.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want a nice monitor, and I'm willing to spend up to $200. Help?

Ask in here and we'll help you out
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3372494

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'll just pop on over there, then. See, I know so little about monitors, I don't even know where to ask about them!

Thank you!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's okay. I used to be on the bleeding edge of technology but fell off and had to ask a ton of questions recently.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Having a cleaner rear end seems like a good New Year's resolution. Has anyone used the Tushy bidet?

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

obi_ant posted:

Having a cleaner rear end seems like a good New Year's resolution. Has anyone used the Tushy bidet?

I went with Luxe Bidet Neo 320, which works great. They also had really really good customer support too.

From what I can see, the Tushy is almost exactly the same design but with nicer knobs.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Tushy's are great, I love mine so much that I gifted two to co-workers for Christmas as well. Mind you, we all watch the same podcasts where Tushy is a sponsor, so we talk about it a lot. Not they they have stank asses or something.

They both reviewed them very highly as well. I know there are some higher end brands out there with much more bells a whistles, I want to upgrade to one of those eventually but the Tushy was a great way to try it out. Highly recommend. Check for sponsor codes and/or wait for sales though, they happen all the time and can save you $20-30 easily depending on the model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

I have a luxe 120 and a 180. The 180 just has a Feminine mode that has a second nozzle at a different angle. My wife says she never uses it. The 120 is the exact same model, minus the feminine mode.

They also have a toilet seat that you can get with it that is very nice too. Easily detachable and accounts for a bidet. Depending on your current seat, it may sit at a weird angle so you may also want to replace the seat.