Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Does anyone have any suggestions for a beginner sit-on kayak? Ideally under $300 but I can go higher if there's justification for the extra cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

benwards posted:

If there is a local place nearby that rents, go check out their selection from last season. I used to work at a kayaking business and we would periodically sell our old boats at a steep discount. Where are you located? Where will you be using it? Lake? Ocean? River?

That's a great idea and one that didn't even occur to me (which shows you how little I know). I'm in Nashville - it'll be used pretty exclusively on lakes and slow rivers. There are definitely a tone of rental places out here; I'll be sur to check some out. Thanks!

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Alternatively, put a couple drops of dish soap into a small can or jar and use your finger to spread it around. Then add an once or two of apple cider vinegar and water in roughly equal amounts. The dish soap removes the surface tension of the liquid so as soon as the flies touch it they sink right to the bottom.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Sportman posted:

Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro, Brushed Stainless Steel, BOV900BSS https://a.co/d/e63Tu5a

How easily does it clean? I've got a Ninja ifoodie or whatever it's called and while I love the results of cooking in it the thing is an absolute nightmare to clean because of how cramped it is around the non-removable heating elements

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Argyle posted:

I'm on the hunt for good coasters. I have some of the absorbent stone ones that work... okay. I also have non-absorbent stone ones that just turn into a condensation mess and/or stick to the glass when I pick it up. I've had bad experience with fabric and cork, although maybe I just got had some cheap lovely ones.

I just want something that:
- Won't spill condensation or leak through
- Won't stick to the glass
- Look decently attractive (I like the looks of my current sandstone-y ones but they seem to get sticky/lose absorption quickly)

Any leads are appreciated!

I've had good luck with Thirstystone coasters. Had them for years and their level of absorption hasn't seemed to decrease at all:

https://a.co/d/1eXb5Kg

Lol, "last purchased November 22, 2015" if that gives any hint about their longevity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

coleman francis posted:

I'm going to be getting a new cell phone soon and I don't think any newer models have audio jacks anymore? The way I listen to music/podcasts while driving is plugging my phone into my cars audio jack. My car has bluetooth but only for calls.

Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth receiver that I can plug into an audio jack?

I bought one from a brand called Scosche but there is a noticable crackle when the music is loud that is not present when my phone is plugged in directly.

Thanks!

Not exactly what you're asking for but if your car has a lighter type outlet that you aren't using I've got one of these and it's been great. The device connects to your phone via bluetooth and then transmits at whatever radio frequency you set. Tune your car radio to that frequency to listen. Same end result as an audio cable but without actually needing a cable. Worst case scenario you drive into an area where the set frequency is used by an actual station and then you have to pick a different frequency for the device (which is incredibly easy)