Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Can anyone recommend a good athletic pant for roller derby? All the derby wear places seem to carry shorts and tights only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Looking for books for children (preschoolish to grade schoolish) about women in STEM? Or, failing the women part, just story books for children about science or engineering or the like.

I've seen Ada Lovelace and the Thinking Machine and am looking for something along those lines, though could be for younger children as well: https://www.amazon.com/Ada-Byron-Lovelace-Thinking-Machine/dp/1939547202

Age-specific reading comprehension isn't that important, as they can be read by an adult like a storybook.

I know ABDO publishing has a Women in Science series but that's more biography than storybook. I'll see what else I can come up with.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

And for lady goons, there's Wacoal, Knockout, and Cacique. (If you need gym panties, try Knockout. They're great.)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Can anyone recommend decent audio transcription software? I'm aware that it won't be 100% accurate. I have a bunch of genealogy interviews I need transcribed and I'm comparing the time and costs of software versus hiring a professional or service.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My hobby rock tumbler finally died. Should I replace it with a Thumler or Lortone or neither?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Just in case this is a problem for anyone else, if you're trying to sleeve the card deck from your brand new Betrayal at House on the Hill board game, the magic words are French tarot-sized card sleeves.

Also, this is a really great game and if you're on the fence about it, you should get it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

skooma512 posted:

I'm debating getting a kindle paperwhite. I know I can get tons of free ebooks from the library, but my nightstand has a bunch of regular books on it already.

:pseudo: Many libraries offer Overdrive, an ebook-lending service that's compatible with Kindle.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

colas posted:

Can this work with a Kindle app on an Android phone by any chance? Not even sure if there is a Kindle app, I just assumed there is one.

There is a Kindle app for smartphones and tablets--it's what I use instead of a standalone device. Overdrive also has an app for Android. Seriously, check out what your public library has for electronic books and audiobooks. YMMV outside the US though.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

colas posted:

what is you AV?

Burning back to gate I guess.

There is (was?) a goon doing vaporware overlays on avs in GBS to raise spine money.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Can anyone recommend a small business that makes funny boxed holiday cards? Old Tom Foolery was my go-to but since they became the Mincing Mockingbird they haven't produced anything new and we've sent all the ones that they have on their site.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Anybody know where I can find scans of LEGO set instructions online? Particularly sets from the 90s?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

First time I've needed to buy snow boots in ages. Not planning to hike in them, just shoveling the driveway, walking the dog, stuff like that. Would prefer to keep it under $100. Any recommendations?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I'm looking to have a couple d6es made with unique sides, preferably engraved but inked will also work. Four dice at the max. Does anyone have a preferred maker for such things?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

signalnoise posted:

Do you need them to be fair?

Ish? They don't need to be balanced like a Vegas craps table but they can't be obviously weighted either.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Tbh I was hoping somebody had expertise in this sort of thing and could give me this kind of answer, so thanks. :) I'll dork around with my blanks and stickers for the nonce.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Does anyone know where I can get a gift card to a custom card gaming playmat website other than Inked Gaming? Their gift cards are out of stock for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Looking to buy sturdy and nerdy fabric to make some leg inserts on a couple pairs of corduroys. (Well, have them made for me, I don't sew very well.) Went looking at the local Joann Fabrics and found one or the other, but not both together. Any good places to look online?