Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which one's the best?
titan quest+immortal throne
marvel heroes
path of exile
torchlight 2
diablo 3
View Results

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I want to play one of the mods that makes Diablo 2 actually good like Eastern Sun or Median XL or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I want to play one of the mods that makes Diablo 2 actually good like Eastern Sun or Median XL or whatever.

please play eastern sun. you may need an actual diablo 2 disc though. ive tried everything with isos and burn discs and poo poo and there's no fooling that mod for some loving reason

there was a goon version that got around that and added even more stuff but those files have vanished

vvv just to run it. playing online will require hamachi and other such fuckery since it can't use bnet. the goon version was modified to connect to a special server but that's down. see if you can get some friends to play with you. i would be down if you ever download it

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bobnumerotres posted:

please play eastern sun. you may need an actual diablo 2 disc though. ive tried everything with isos and burn discs and poo poo and there's no fooling that mod for some loving reason

Just to run it or to play online?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Let's all play eastern sun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Let's all play eastern sun

if someone can find those files or a different way to get it to work without the original disc sure

(i still have the original disc, i found it later unscathed)

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Titan Quest Immortal Throne owns. You get to pick two different skillsets and get to do wacky poo poo like suck the souls out of monsters from Greek mythology while wolves are eating their faces off, or throw an exploding fireball at them and then become giant sized and step on the survivors, or slow down time and space and pepper them with exploding arrows. The possibles are endless.

Did I mention it's also set in ancient Greece? :hist101:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Median XL is incredibly dumb and bad

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Doctor Goat posted:

Median XL is incredibly dumb and bad

I'm more interested in Eastern Sun anyways, but why?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

iirc it is very complicated and made by people who think diablo 2 is eztrash4babies so it's hard as heck

eastern sun just plain adds poo poo to the game

Dec 26, 2012

what does eastern sun do

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Starhawk64 posted:

Did I mention it's also set in ancient Greece? :hist101:

yeah for like five hours and then suddenly it's set in egypt and then loving babylon and china and just go play the goddamn thing okay

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

what does eastern sun do

some major things:
- adds five billion recipes to the game so that you can turn stuff into other stuff. notable recipes include:
+adding +all skills to items and other important stuff using rare crafting materials
+turning several magic rings/amulets/charms into one rare, several rares into a unique
+rare socket donuts can be transmuted with anything to add sockets to the item
+anything can have its sockets emptied out by transmuting it with a key and you dont lose any materials

-a ton of new runewords, sets, uniques, etc.

-reworked act 2 so that you dont even have to step into the desert once, you access different dungeons through the different sewer entrances in town for the staff pieces and boom you go to arcane sanctuary

-reworked act 3 in a similar way, much shorter and less getting lost in the jungle

-added a shitload of post-game content to the optional dungeons. for example the "hole" cavern in tamoe highlands act I is now "Blood Raven's Workshop" where very high level enemies that shoot glacial arrows and poo poo appear and the second level has like 20 blood ravens in it which all drop boss loot. there is a super huge super hard dungeon at the end of the game with all sorts of new bosses

-reworked all the skills in the game to be more balanced and interesting, i think there are like 10 more skills per class

-mercenaries can be fully equipped (gloves, boots, jewelry, etc.) have their own sets and their skills are also way better. A1 mercs can use strafe and other advanced bowazon stuff, A3 mercs come with resist auras, A5 mercs can use barbarian buffs.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I tried out the mod for Titan Quest and now I'm lagging like gently caress.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

it's very complicated in the sense that they just threw poo poo in without caring constantly and you couldn't get info on what was changed last time i played

i tried to get people together to make a wiki and had it up and asked people not to just post their stupid builds nobody cares about so of course the only thing anyone ever posted were their builds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Effectronica posted:

I tried out the mod for Titan Quest and now I'm lagging like gently caress.

titan quest can kind of run like poo poo for no reason but im sure theres entire encyclopedias dedicated to all the tech issues with that game

also, you should really download the fan patch that fixed a lot of that poo poo. company went bankrupt before they could fix their game

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I can't believe I forgot Nox. It was a pretty good Diablo clone back in its days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the d3 xpak is a pretty solid clone of diablo 2 imho

• Locked thread