Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A-Roo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

One weird trick THEY don't want you to know for getting laid.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

CodfishCartographer posted:

From the cursed images thread:
did terry richardson write this

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I'm sure he had a lawyer review that.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Thom12255 posted:

I'm sure he had a lawyer review that.

As a lawyer, let me say, that seems totally legit and will keep him out of jail and he will win every lawsuit.

Actually might help him in some rape cases where juries want to punish sluts (surprisingly frequent, and a winning tactic for some defense counsel) but that thing has the legal efficacy of toilet paper. Single ply.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Good job picking a business name that can't be googled Mr Genius rapey photobusiness dude.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Helen Highwater posted:

Good job picking a business name that can't be googled Mr Genius rapey photobusiness dude.

Interesting that terrible release came up now, as there have been a few photographers that I've been made aware of (who do creepy/rapey stuff) within the past 2 weeks.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I live in a small town in Ireland, and there's a town forum group on Facebook where people share posts about lost and found items, or the latest bakery that's opened (or closed).
This time of the year has that great autumn light and some great sunsets. So the "photographers" have started posting their work.

(500 likes)

(650 likes)

(1000 likes)

(1100 likes)

I really should stop caring about the social media dopamine cartel, and pay no mind to Facebook likes.
Or I chould embrace the clarity, contrast, and saturation sliders, to progress beyond the 30 - 50 likes I get for the occasional contribution.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
My eyes are burning.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I thought the max all sliders crowd had pretty much died out, haven't seen it in here for a long time. It doesn't even show up in flickr explore anymore.

It's soothing to know people with less taste than me are still out there, doing their thing.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
I try to comfort myself by saying that at least these aren’t the same people that buy prints but they probably are :sigh:

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
I got a shot on explore, got 270 likes most i've ever had.

Max Sliders' work is very much prevalent on facebook.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

crossposting from the cspam election thread to dorkroom

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I too put my drinks in front of zoom backgrounds.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

At least change it to different weather, looks the same to me.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Wafflecopper posted:

crossposting from the cspam election thread to dorkroom

Frankly it's almost impressive how everything except the drink is in focus

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

eggsovereasy posted:

At least change it to different weather, looks the same to me.

It's a critique of landscape photographers, no matter how pretty a scene is they still bitch that it's not the weather they had wanted when they got up at rear end crack o'clock with intentions of cloning whatever photograph they'd seen that drew them to that spot.

Even though the scene is high noon at monument valley.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Reddit Poop Guy is living his dreams!

I checked in on him out of pandemic boredom, and last month he bought an Intrepid 8x10. He says he'll be learning on Portra 160 5x7, so I assume he's using a reducing back to save money at first... except that Portra 160 is out of production on 5x7. Maybe he bought some dead stock from somewhere. I have no idea how this seemed like a good idea.

He has never shot a single frame of film before in his life.

He also still lives with his parents, having yet to find a steady day job.

This can only end well.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 16, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My favorite part is all you need to do is say Reddit and everyone knows who you’re talking about.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Yond Cassius posted:

Reddit Poop Guy is living his dreams!

I checked in on him out of pandemic boredom, and last month he bought an Intrepid 8x10. He says he'll be learning on Portra 160 5x7, so I assume he's using a reducing back to save money at first... except that Portra 160 is out of production on 5x7. Maybe he bought some dead stock from somewhere. I have no idea how this seemed like a good idea.

He has never shot a single frame of film before in his life.

He also still lives with his parents, having yet to find a steady day job.

This can only end well.

I tried to tell him to just start with 4x5 and see if it’s even for him, also that Portra isn’t readily available in 5x7. He never responded to me.

For what it’s worth Keith Canham does special order group orders for weird sizes so I’m sure you can get 5x7 Portra from that.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

God speed reddit dude, live your best life and sell your photos for a million dollars.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
It's like some kind of performance art.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Maybe he's just buying 8x10 sheets and cutting them down to size.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Yond Cassius posted:

Reddit Poop Guy ... bought an Intrepid 8x10.

Glad it's gone to a good home, Lucas

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

if he's the guy who bought it i'm going to poo poo my pants.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

bellows lugosi posted:

Mail him the pants afterwards, as a bonus.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

bellows lugosi posted:

I think he lives in Texas, he went to some Christian college there.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I got asked on Quora to help some guy improve his photography. He included a Flickr link. I don't see how it's possible to improve on these.

IMG_0087 by richard sears, on Flickr

IMG_0092 by richard sears, on Flickr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

not gonna lie, I kinda missed coming across poo poo like this

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's still out there, it's just that flickr has tweeked their algorithms to bury it. Look for photoshop oriented groups or tags and wallow in the horrible.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/hdrandphotoshop/pool/

enjoy!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

What triggers me most is that there are stars that should be covered up by the planet.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They attended the Peter Lik school of astrophotography.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

More like Richard Sears my retinas out

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe not the best, but a collection of the smartest

https://www.facebook.com/102526445187296/posts/117967966976477/?d=n

Which links through to https://www.rous.store/products/your-camera

The one account saying they received the tamron/canon stuff is clearly fake but everyone’s falling over themselves to buy this hot deal that definitely isn’t a box of garbage (while they actually bother to send things out that is).

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
https://flic.kr/p/2kSLnHg

This is a bad sky replacement right? the sky colour is not reflected at all in the water and

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Definitely a sky replacement, the full size image shows waves being front lit but they weren't gonna let no pesky physics prevent them from having a sunset.

I can't tell what exactly they did but that dark line points to a really lazy masking job. But it's masked okay in other parts of the image, maybe they just couldn't nail the luminosity mask on the distant mountains so they gave up and did it by hand. Maybe a composite of three images? I would believe the distant water is not the same ocean as the foreground waves.

My favorite part is how the sky is nuclear red but the reflected sky in the full version is white.

edit - if you look at the bit between the main subject and the beach on the left you can see the ghosts of two poorly faded out sea stacks. Also they added a cliff that's not there in the real world.

https://www.google.com/maps/@-36.82...52!9m2!1b1!2i32

But the ridge line for the rest of the image matches, so who knows what the gently caress they were thinking when doctoring this image.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 13, 2021

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

xzzy posted:

Definitely a sky replacement, the full size image shows waves being front lit but they weren't gonna let no pesky physics prevent them from having a sunset.

I can't tell what exactly they did but that dark line points to a really lazy masking job. But it's masked okay in other parts of the image, maybe they just couldn't nail the luminosity mask on the distant mountains so they gave up and did it by hand. Maybe a composite of three images? I would believe the distant water is not the same ocean as the foreground waves.

My favorite part is how the sky is nuclear red but the reflected sky in the full version is white.

edit - if you look at the bit between the main subject and the beach on the left you can see the ghosts of two poorly faded out sea stacks. Also they added a cliff that's not there in the real world.

https://www.google.com/maps/@-36.82...52!9m2!1b1!2i32

But the ridge line for the rest of the image matches, so who knows what the gently caress they were thinking when doctoring this image.

This would look bitching with a nuclear explosion in the background?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I'm sure luminar will do a nuclear explosion sky replacement soon, but when are we going to get one click out of the box vision of our dead father in the clouds option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
This is how the world ends, not with a bang but a poorly edited nuclear sky replacement.