Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

:siren:Post in this thread before 17th December if you want to join the quiz!:siren:

The quiz will take place on 17th December 2014 at 6PM PST.

Here are the rules:

1: Don't post answers in the thread, type them somewhere seperately and either PM them to me or email them to professorclumsy@gmail.com

2: Post in the thread before the quiz starts to join in, the cut off point for late entries is the posting of round 3. There is some leeway on this though, best to just ask in the thread.

3: Don't make up your own rules, you don't get extra points unless I say so.

4: If I suspect cheating, you will be disqualified. This will bring shame on your familiesand you will be ousted from your local communities.

5: Just try to enjoy to enjoy yourself for once in your life, you miserable poo poo.

Breaking these rules will result in my coming to your house and crying for hours about how you never listen to me anymore and how you're never there for me and I just don't feel like I can open up to you now, you're turnng into your mother and it's not good, you didn't water my plants while I was away and they died and I can't help but feel that those dead plants are a metaphor for our relationship now which is why I can't brng myself to throe them away.

Here's how the quiz is going to go down:

Round one: The portrait round.

You'll see a selection of portraits, all you have to do is identify the person in the portrait for a point each.

Round two: The Dreaded Audio Round.

The Audio Round is a little different now, instead of purely consisting of soundtracks, there will be other audio clips of dialogue and even sound effects to guess blindly at.

Round Three: General Movie Knowledge.

This is the bit where I ask questions and you provide answers, like off the telly. They're all about films, though, so try to have seen some.

There is a tie-break contingency, we'll see if it comes to that.

And that's it. Any questions, post them in here. If you're playing, post in the thread and make sure you let me know how you'll be submitting answers - email (cinedpubquiz@hotmail.co.uk), PM or AIM (profclumumumsy).

Happy non-denominational Winter celebration period.

Previous pub quizzes and winners:

19/11/09 - Jay Dub
25/11/09 - Egbert Souse
02/12/09 - Peaceful Anarchy
09/12/09 - Peaceful Anarchy
16/12/09 - TheBigBudgetSequel
13/01/10 - Kull the Conquerer
24/02/10 - TheBigBudgetSequel
28/04/10 - TheBigBudgetSequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'm always down for a fun game of trivia, count me in. I'll be submitting my answers by PM.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I might as well get in on this (I think I played one previous year) - sounds fun! I'll send via PM.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
This is a thing I will do.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Your reigning champion will most likely be down for this, depending on if I get out of work on time. I'll be in through PMs.

Edit- Wait, I'm not in the OP. I am outraged. I definitely won the last one.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

GonSmithe posted:

Your reigning champion will most likely be down for this, depending on if I get out of work on time. I'll be in through PMs.

Edit- Wait, I'm not in the OP. I am outraged. I definitely won the last one.

I don't even remember the last one.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Just enough time for me to read The Film Encyclopedia from cover to cover again.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wanna do this thing

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Professor Clumsy posted:

I don't even remember the last one.

All I remember is people being racist about who the actor playing Moneypenny was and the tie-breaker being reciting the poem from The Grey.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

I usually don't do great, but I enjoy doing it. Sign me up.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I will play in the game.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

GonSmithe posted:

Your reigning champion...

Three time champion here, telling you to keep it down.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love embarrassing myself in these!

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

All I remember is people being racist about who the actor playing Moneypenny was and the tie-breaker being reciting the poem from The Grey.

None of this rings any bells.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I recall confusing Orlando Bloom with Orlando Jones.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I wrote a piece about The Santa Clause that ended with "Come for Tim Allen killing Santa. Stay for Tim Allen killing Santa"

I won :smug:

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

I'd like to play and inevitably lose this smashing pub quiz.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I have no idea where I'll be on Dec 17th, but if I can I'll participate.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I have no idea where I'll be on Dec 17th, but if I can I'll participate.

Basically this.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
this is at 2 am gmt? eh, no way josé

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel this as something has come up. Maybe some other time.

Professor Clumsy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 8, 2014

• Locked thread