Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

I actually did plan on showing the songs we've played at the end of the LP (their names could give things away) but thanks for letting me know I missed an examination. That's why I did that run-around in the Empty Set. I'll edit it in for the beginning of the fourth episode.

If any other examinations are missed please let me know, and I'll show them in the episode following!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Olive Branch posted:

I actually did plan on showing the songs we've played at the end of the LP (their names could give things away) but thanks for letting me know I missed an examination. That's why I did that run-around in the Empty Set. I'll edit it in for the beginning of the fourth episode.

If any other examinations are missed please let me know, and I'll show them in the episode following!

You think certain song names are spoilers? :ohdear: I guess I'll edit out what I added... sorry for stepping on your toes.

The dog should be Ruffus

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Jenner posted:

You think certain song names are spoilers? :ohdear: I guess I'll edit out what I added... sorry for stepping on your toes.
No toes stepped on at all! If you guys want to add songs, go for it, just be careful not to link to anything via YouTube (go through Polsy) to avoid anyone seeing the related videos!

By the way, I found an entirely new OVC terminal I never saw before in my quest to find EVERY LAST EXAMINABLE OBJECT EVER. You guys and gals will see it in a bonus video alongside other voting choices!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't notice how you switch the font between normal and turn() until you did it while a subtitle was still floating around that video. Nice touch.

I also never noticed that you get an indicator about which power you'll lose when you run out of health.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dog should be named Find0()

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jenner posted:

The dog should be Ruffus

I don't think any of the songs lyrics/names are direct spoilers but they all definitely relate to what's happening in the game and a savvy goon could potentially piece together more than they should.

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.

Veloxyll posted:

Dog should be named Find0()

Good doggy Find-zero-null-set! Go fetch Find-zero-null-set! Bite the bad process Find-zero-null-set!

By the way, upgrade Help() with Spark() and I do believe you can play with two doggies.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Neige posted:

Good doggy Find-zero-null-set! Go fetch Find-zero-null-set! Bite the bad process Find-zero-null-set!

By the way, upgrade Help() with Spark() and I do believe you can play with two doggies.
Man that name's a mouthful to say...

Oh, and I DO use Help() and Spark() to split our dog into two! Surprisingly, the Transistor calls the Help() dog Luna but he only did that when I split them so our "main" dog is still named something else.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Olive Branch posted:

Man that name's a mouthful to say...

Oh, and I DO use Help() and Spark() to split our dog into two! Surprisingly, the Transistor calls the Help() dog Luna but he only did that when I split them so our "main" dog is still named something else.

No, Luna is a different dog. Not your Help() dog. That's why an earlier Goon was suggesting Terra. Though, a better name would be Sol.

1stGear posted:

I don't think any of the songs lyrics/names are direct spoilers but they all definitely relate to what's happening in the game and a savvy goon could potentially piece together more than they should.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I didn't remove the links to the soundtracks themselves however. The soundtrack is so beautiful, I can't stop listening to the soundtrack now.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Jenner posted:

No, Luna is a different dog. Not your Help() dog. That's why an earlier Goon was suggesting Terra. Though, a better name would be Sol.
In the Backdoor he does call the dog Luna, but when I summoned a Help() + Spark() pair of dogs, he said, "Get 'em, Luna!" I assume the Help() dog is the same dog as the Backdoor's, but since he only said it after I used Help() + Spark(), I can handwave it as one of two being the Backdoor dog.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Olive Branch posted:

In the Backdoor he does call the dog Luna, but when I summoned a Help() + Spark() pair of dogs, he said, "Get 'em, Luna!" I assume the Help() dog is the same dog as the Backdoor's, but since he only said it after I used Help() + Spark(), I can handwave it as one of two being the Backdoor dog.

Bah I have something to say about this but I don't wanna CIA document your thread!

As soon as I learned about that flourish button, I flourished a lot. The game humorously has points where you're given side information about stuff (Impressions made, number of stairs, parking available, etc...) but didn't keep track of how many time I flourished. Missed opportunity! :colbert:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The pronunciation would be Find-O.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Another update. I have raw footage for the next episode as well, but a note: I'll be out of the country for the holidays after Thursday next week, and will only return in January. Before then I'll have Episode 5 uploaded, as well as a few new biographies for you guys to read to your heart's content in the OP. The biography data we read here I'll upload later with the other episode.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I never understood why Red is so cagey about saying what is really happening in the evacuated areas.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Samovar posted:

I never understood why Red is so cagey about saying what is really happening in the evacuated areas.

Doesn't wanna cause panic. Also, Big Brother probably watching? Comments probably screened/deleted? Could be any number of things.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I always thought it was despair at the comments section being the only way she can communicate. Imagine the horror. You have something incredibly important to say but the only place you can say it is the last place anyone will ever take seriously.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Sindai posted:

I always thought it was despair at the comments section being the only way she can communicate. Imagine the horror. You have something incredibly important to say but the only place you can say it is the last place anyone will ever take seriously.

Could be worse; She could be stuck posting comments on you-tube videos rather than news-posts.
But yeah, the comments are almost certainly screened specifically to stop any panick-inducing posts.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, when she posts it says "Comment submitted for moderation" so being blunt wouldnt accomplish much.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Besides, the real point is to show that she's still alive, both to her fans and to the Camerata. She's being coy, and thumbing her nose at them.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
There's a couple of things I'm really unclear on. One is the Camerata. Are they some sort of terrorist cell, or do they officially run the city as some sort of hellish dystopia? The other are the Process. They keep spawning in, so I guess either this whole thing is some sort of VR-related fake world, or the Process are jumping in from some other dimension that just so happens to look a lot like a contemporary (for the game) electronic system. Are we supposed to have any idea which it is?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
We'll find out more about both as the game progresses. At this point you're kinda supposed to be confused.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, everything will make sense at the end... of your second playthrough.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ghostwoods posted:

There's a couple of things I'm really unclear on. One is the Camerata. Are they some sort of terrorist cell, or do they officially run the city as some sort of hellish dystopia? The other are the Process. They keep spawning in, so I guess either this whole thing is some sort of VR-related fake world, or the Process are jumping in from some other dimension that just so happens to look a lot like a contemporary (for the game) electronic system. Are we supposed to have any idea which it is?

Without getting into spoilers (I hope) all I can say is pay attention to all the vote booths- what are they voting for? As well as the uh, thread title, and that won't explain everything to you but it'll give you the right mindset for the Camerata. Also read the biographies of all the functions found and try to find common links.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Like the others said, the player at this point knows about as much as you do. The game never outright states what's happening (save a few times) or what the background of the story is, so much of it is left up to speculation.

That said, we will get more concrete answers as we progress through the story and unlock more Function and Process data.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Olive Branch posted:

Like the others said, the player at this point knows about as much as you do. The game never outright states what's happening (save a few times) or what the background of the story is, so much of it is left up to speculation.

OK, cool. So long as it's just not me being clueless! Thx, folks :)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I want to talk about the Sybil fight.

As I have previously stated, I consider Transistor to be a pretty great game. This judgement is, however, somewhat of a disappointment compared with what I thought about the game immediately after the Sybil fight. After the two already pretty great vocal themes we've already heard, we now have a boss fight set to this haunting, slightly offputting, antagonistic yet also somewhat tragic song about the person you're fighting, and as the Process takes its toll on her it becomes more and more distorted. It's the musical concept from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance bought around into a classier setting, an application that's affecting instead of just sort of really cool. The fight itself isn't really anything special mechanics wise but it's still rather impressive how much narrative they managed to cram into it considering how little lead-in we get to Sybil as a character.

I really hoped the rest of the game's big fights would do that too, what with Red being a singer and all. Alas.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Fedule posted:

I want to talk about the Sybil fight.

I'm under the impression that Sybil was the end of the demo? I don't know for sure.
She's also my favorite.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fedule posted:

I really hoped the rest of the game's big fights would do that too, what with Red being a singer and all. Alas.

Sibil is basically a proof of concept, and I really wished the game would have focused a lot more on such fights. Even if you don't know who she is, the set-up makes the character work. The music helps too. I agree with your second point too.
Although even she wore out her welcome for me. I found the fight to be really frustrating since a new player is still grappling with mechanics at this point, and here you have a multi-stage boss who hits hard and calls in adds.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Never had issues with her myself; if anything, I wish there were more fights like that since the battles will get rather repetitive as the game goes on.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Ghostwoods posted:

The other are the Process. They keep spawning in, so I guess either this whole thing is some sort of VR-related fake world, or the Process are jumping in from some other dimension that just so happens to look a lot like a contemporary (for the game) electronic system. Are we supposed to have any idea which it is?

For context, my only exposure to this game is from these videos: My clincher for this whole thing being kind of a Tron/ReBoot/Matrix/whatever setup is when you activate the limiter, and the Transistor says that something has changed "in here."

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
SPOILERS REMOVED

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 8, 2014

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Well, the first step is to steal the "o". :v:

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Neige posted:

Spoilers
Hey hey! C'mon now, we haven't learned about any of this yet!

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

SPOILERS REMOVED

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 8, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
You've already played the game, as you said yourself. Don't be a dick and edit your post out before anyone else reads it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Aww poo poo, I thought he was just guessing, now I Know Too Much. :saddowns:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Ah, this game. Definitely one of my favorites. The setting, the atmosphere, the music... I like the combat more than Bastion's, even with the clunky mechanic of waiting for Turn(). Function configurability (is that a word?) is great. I wish that there were more "big" battles though.

The Empty Set is definitely one of the top moments in the game, everything about it is just so good. Shame that the next boss fight is pretty bland in my opinion.

As a software dev I like some of the more obscure name references like "break point" and "latest branch" in the Backdoor.

Also, you can drag and drop abilities into upgrade slots in the main Access Point menu when using a mouse. :eng101:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

omeg posted:

Also, you can drag and drop abilities into upgrade slots in the main Access Point menu when using a mouse. :eng101:
And it's irresponsive as hell and occassionally just drops the function you have. I wish that menu was more fluid, as of now it's a chore to reassign functions.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

All right, folks, this is going to be my last update until January, as real life will take over during the holidays. More updates will follow in 2015!

The Subject and Process data has also been updated in the OP, though Sybil Reisz's is not yet complete in-game on the videos.

EDIT: Just realized it now, but when Sybil was Switched, her emergency Turn() barks still killed those Badcells. Maybe Turn() for Switched friends ignores the damage prevention?

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I'm really enjoying how all these little tidbits bring a smile to the face of anyone who has some coding background. From "Hello World" to Ping() being usable to speed up your movement.

• Locked thread