Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be honest i'd have a hard time saying that this or bastion is better than the other because they both do things really well in their own way. the setting for this is definitely my favorite of the two, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it worked for me earlier so i think polsy is just loving up right now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if i remember correctly there's more than a few spots where turn() is basically required due to how certain enemies behave but they could have put in a little bit of a compromise where the player is able to use weaker versions of their skills when turn() is recharging or something. either that or like two of them are randomly blocked off for the duration. just some way where the player isn't entirely defenseless. i never had much issue either way, to be honest, because whenever i planned moves i would try to make them as effective as possible so i had the time to recharge.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Victis posted:

Those animations are so unsatisfying, does she ever learn to swing her anime sword like a sword?

it's huge as gently caress compared to her and probably everyone else in the city

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i definitely agree. it shows that she isn't exactly trained in things like that and even if anyone was i doubt they'd be able to swing it around like crazy. supergiant is pretty good at putting in little touches like that, and it helps the overall presentation.

• Locked thread