Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ah, this game. Wanted so much to like it as much as Bastion, but the fighting had been made worse with the turn () function. Which was a shame because the active/passive system was inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Fedule posted:

Yeah, it'd be really neat if the game had something that addressed this, like, oh, say, a skill that could be installed as an upgrade to other skills to allow them to be usable in Turn() recovery.

...and gave it to you very early on in the game.

Okay, me being dickish aside, while Turn() is hella cool and arguably a main selling point of the combat system, Transistor is also a Real Time Action game whenever you're not using Turn(). You shouldn't really be using Turn() all the time, for that exact reason; you'll spend a lot of time vulnerable and it can suck. But if you do want to play a Turn()-heavy style, the designers have thrown you a bone with the Jaunt() skill. Breach(Jaunt()) was always a staple of mine.

Really? I felt that the game was almost unplayable without Turn(); the enemies were just too fast/animation wind-ups for a lot of attacks too slow for attacking outside of Turn() to ever be feasible.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dog's name should be Felix.

That, or Diggity.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Dec 4, 2014

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I never understood why Red is so cagey about saying what is really happening in the evacuated areas.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I really do like the names of the enemies in the games by this comapny - they're so... intuitive, but not simplistic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Something something Cloudbank, I'd have thought.

That Clucker 2.0 trail for some reason really creeps me out. Like... the flesh-bulb from Don't Starve.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I do like how in all the pictures of the Camerata, and the way they're talked about; the impression is given that Grant will be the big bad. But it's just a red herring.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

It's here that the Process get really unnerving.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

He sounds like a disinterested Ian Malcolm.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

OK, I'm going to hafta ask the thread for a bit of interpretation - what precisely is meant by - 'When everything changes, nothing changes'? I can't say an easy interpretation comes to my mind, but I would think that the kernel of meaning behind it is that without a singular point of reference in the past, one cannot determine if something altered from that state or not? Would that seem correct in the context of this game?

Edit - I mean, it seems as if the Camerata... unleashed? For lack of a better word, the Process so as to place some kind of an order upon the city of Cloudbank; but it turned into some kind of hegemonising, monomaniacal... environment? Did they release it because they wanted some type of an anchor point?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 27, 2015

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I honestly can't say I liked this fight too much, mainly because it was... too much a battle of attrition, then running around waiting for the timer to be in your favour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Olive Branch posted:

He actually doesn't, at least not in-game. I found Royce's audio files and many, many lines were cut from the game. I took the ones that were more "explanatory" and paired them with Functions I felt reflected what it was he was saying. He also has many more battle lines that never made it in (or I got too impatient to find in the battle itself) and I'll be sharing those in a final mini-update.

That's really neat. This game needed more quasi-Jeff Goldbloom from J.P. in it. Thanks for finding them!

• Locked thread