Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Youtube used to function a lot better, when it would buffer the whole video as reasonably quickly as it could. Once the whole thing loaded, you could skip around the video back and forth pretty easily. Then they changed things so the videos only buffer a little ahead, supposedly in order to save bandwidth on data that people never end up watching. Now, whenever I try to skip around, even to just jump back 5-10 seconds for something I missed, everything stops and it redownloads that portion, and it becomes a huge hassle to try to jump back to something which should already be sitting in your cache. I'm fine with the buffering only a little ahead, but I really wish they would fix the player so it's smart enough to know about content it's already downloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread