Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Congrats to the Hamilton Tiger Cats on covering the spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

OH loving FINALLY!!!!

YES!!!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

CALGARY'S O LINE IS loving MONSTROUS

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

death to Hamilton :getin: :toot:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

poo poo

gently caress

FUUUUUUUUCK

44 don't come home

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Pleads posted:

CALGARY'S O LINE IS loving MONSTROUS

agreed dominant play. TiCats o line not so much

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

They had, what, a sack, one or two hurries, and a "I slapped your hand so your pass is a weak rear end wobble" on the final drive? Goddamn. Good goddamn.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

2 minutes and you do a field goal

Death to ticats

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I don't know much about football theory but it seems like Hamilton going for a field goal from the Calgary 30 down 7 with 2:30 was an awful idea. They needed a touchdown no matter what and they wouldn't lose field position if they failed.

Of course nobody counted on that illegal block that cost them a ton of position and 30 seconds but even if they had a mediocre return they'd still be looking at 70 yards and one minute.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

What a heartbreaker for the tabbies.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Hamilton Tiger-Cats back-to-back Grey Cup Champions runners-up

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

But seriously. Kent Austin? A field goal?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: Brian Burke sighting

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

fisting by many posted:

I don't know much about football theory but it seems like Hamilton going for a field goal from the Calgary 30 down 7 with 2:30 was an awful idea. They needed a touchdown no matter what and they wouldn't lose field position if they failed.

Of course nobody counted on that illegal block that cost them a ton of position and 30 seconds but even if they had a mediocre return they'd still be looking at 65 yards and one minute.

With a field goal it's a single possession if they can hold Calgary to a field goal or less. They had been relatively successful at shutting down Calgary for the half so that was a safe bet. After that, you never know what will happen. 2:30 is a long time in the CFL and they were going to have one more drive. Banks actually had it won for them if not for that one penalty.

That's my guess at the reasoning anyways

edit
Bo-Levi + Matt Dunnigan. This is going to be goood.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
that horse looked upset

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah there was a lot of time left on the clock and they'd been shutting Mitchell down pretty well in the recent drives.

Watching the Hamilton heartbreak after the realization of that flag will keep me fueled on schadenfreude for the next year. Oh my god that palpable disappointment.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Have they always given the Cup to the coach first?

Matt Dunnigan owns.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals of Canadian football.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Pleads posted:

Yeah there was a lot of time left on the clock and they'd been shutting Mitchell down pretty well in the recent drives.

Watching the Hamilton heartbreak after the realization of that flag will keep me fueled on schadenfreude for the next year. Oh my god that palpable disappointment.

It's not quite a too many men call, but considering I was losing my mind on the return, it felt preeety good.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I think they just showed the Hamilton guy who took the blocking penalty still on the field instead of back in the dressing room, unless that was like pre-recorded.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
bo levi with the mvp

shocking

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

poo poo I was putting my kids to bed and missed the Stamps breaking the cup? Please tell me there are pics...

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
People here in Hamilton are apoplectic over the illegal block call. Am I missing something here? Two hands in the back = illegal block every time.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

They're angry because it probably cost them the win.

They might also be upset because the block likely didn't make or break Banks's ability to return that TD, but that just makes it a stupid penalty, not a bad call.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

http://www.tsn.ca/video/grey-cup-banks-potential-game-winning-return-called-back-1.148486

Watch it AGAIN!!

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
My father is a Leafs and a Ticats fan.

He stopped letting me watch sports with him after the Leafs imploded vs the Bruins in game 7 a few years ago.

He let me come over to catch the Grey Cup with him tonight.

I am probably disowned now.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Pleads posted:

They're angry because it probably cost them the win.

They might also be upset because the block likely didn't make or break Banks's ability to return that TD, but that just makes it a stupid penalty, not a bad call.

Still find it funny that not only the fans, but also the players and the head coach are bitching and moaning about the correct call being made. Also counted two or three blatant holds on Banks' return that didn't get called.

Oh well - just gotta let 'em whine, I guess. The Stamps won the game like they deserved to, fair and square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Chair In A Basket posted:

My father is a Leafs and a Ticats fan

Well, that's hardly your fault...

quote:

Also counted two or three blatant holds on Banks' return that didn't get called.

Me too. I originally didn't see the block in the back, but I thought the flag was thrown for the obvious holding slightly further up the field.

• Locked thread