Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

So I've been reading a lot of Shakespeare (and Bloom) lately and is Hamlet the most fully realised character in literature? Every other character in fiction seems to pale in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

I'm not sure who the other candidates for the position are (and the question of the most fully realized character probably deserves its own thread), but Bloom is prone to silly hyperbole where Shakespeare is concerned.

Haha, it's actually something i was thinking myself that I found Bloom echoing in The Western Canon. I'm not sure what it is, I just feel like Hamlet is intriguing in a certain way that I've only felt about real people, never about characters.

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

Maybe intriguing is the wrong word, but he seems to have a property that other fictional characters lack, and I'm not sure what it is.

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

Please do not mock people for liking quotes from Shakespeare, no matter how baby's first Shakespeare quotes they might be

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

Phwoar bet Marlowe's jumping for joy at those sweet royalties coming his way.

• Locked thread