Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for November, 2014?
This poll is closed.
:fut: Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 12 12.63%
Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 11 11.58%
:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 42 44.21%
:rudebox: Bobby Roode (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 2 2.11%
:slick: BxB Hulk (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 10 10.53%
Rob Conway (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) 4 4.21%
:freep: Jay Briscoe (ROH World Champion) 2 2.11%
:radcat: More Like Lame-Pions (None of the Above Champion) 12 12.63%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hiroshi Tanahashi made his return to being PSP's Champion for the first time in over a year and a half last month, though it was a close run thing and he only barely beat a guy who didn't make a single appearance for his own promotion for the entire month. Still, Tanahashi is back, having ousted AJ Styles as IWGP Champion and looking set for yet another great match against his greatest opponent - Kazuchika Okada.

Remember, to be eligible, a wrestler needs to have held any of the currently Punchsport Pagoda accepted title belts for at least one day of the month OR had at least one title defense since becoming Champion. This means if someone wins the title on the last day of the month and defends it that night, they're eligible, and if they win the title on the first day of the month and don't defend it at all, they're eligible. Please note that belts for promotions such as PWG haven't been included in monthly polls so far because not only can months go by where the Champion don't defends their belts, but where the Champions don't even make an appearance/make a promo about their title. They WILL be included in the end of year poll.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone:

:fut: Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - While Tanahashi continued the recent trend we've seen across all promotions of champions NOT defending their belts, he was at least involved heavily in building up to/setting up his eventual big match against long-time rival Okada. Check out this match from Power Struggle to see Tanahashi and Ibushi facing off against Okada and Yoshi Hashi, a match designed to build up the tension between the Champion and his contender. Decide for yourself if the quality of the match means anything, and if Tanahashi deserves your vote as champion based on at least being present and helping to build towards an eventual title match.

Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) - Brock literally did nothing as champion this month. No appearances, not even in the form of Paul Heyman as his representative. He was barely mentioned by WWE on air (if at all) and the upcoming title defense against John Cena wasn't mentioned at all, as Cena spent the month focused on a completely different feud/storyline that had nothing to do with either the championship or his own status as number one contender. It's your vote and you can do what you want with it, but WHY would you vote for Brock? I like the idea of the absent champion storyline but I kind of expected it to involve proxies of some sort or at least constant attention being brought TO the absence, but instead... nothing. Vote for Brock if you like, but you'll be voting for him on the basis of absolutely nothing.

:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) - Nakamura successfully defended his IC belt against the terrifying Shibata, also at Power Struggle. At the World Tag League later this month he was in a 6-man tag designed to both set up his own future defenses as well as that of the Never Champion, and it was by all accounts a fantastic match. That's Nakamura for you, always producing the goods in his matches and helping prove why the IWGP Intercontinental Championship is a big deal. He also defended his belt this month, which has to be a plus!

:rudebox: Bobby Roode (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - You have to feel for Bobby Roode. One of TNA's few homegrown success stories, Roode has shifted from being one of the most boring and non-compelling wrestlers in the world into a quality wrestler with great character and charisma. Beating Bobby Lashley to get the TNA Title back was kind of a poisoned chalice though, as TNA's future was in flux due to the loss of their deal with Spike TV. Things may be looking up now though after a new deal was announced with Destination America, meaning Impact Wrestling will be back early in 2015 and might possibly mark a fresh start for a company hobbled and weighted down for so many years. In the meantime, Bobby defended his belt in a match at Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore, taking on Dreamer in a match only made possible by Dixie Carter's approval. Bobby beat Tommy to retain his belt, and the old ECW mainstay made a big point of putting over what a great guy Bobby is. Do you agree? Wanna give him your vote? Happily this won't be your last chance after all, Bobby Roode will continue to be a champion for TNA through December at least and probably January too if they don't pull a WCW reboot or try to kick things off with a new champion to mark their new start.

:slick: BxB Hulk (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - BxB Hulk works REALLY hard as the face of his promotion, once again taking part in an astonishing amount of matches across the month. This included a superb title defense against Akira Tozawa and even tagged with him in another match only a few days later. This is a guy who clearly takes his responsibilities seriously (or has a booker who wants to work him to death!) and probably deserves more recognition than he gets. During a period where so many champions aren't present or defending their belt for the bulk of a month, BxB Hulk stands out for his constant appearances, frequent matches and monthly title defenses. It's up to you whether he gets your vote though.

Rob Conway (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) - After a quiet couple of months, October saw Conway start appearing in matches yet again AND defending his NWA Title. November was no different, as he successfully defended his title against Chase Owens and once again returned to the place where he seems to get the most visibility - New Japan Pro-Wrestling. Taking part in the World Tag League, Conway has been in 7 matches over the last 8 days, a tremendously taxing schedule that nonetheless must hold him in good stead as he once again reminds people that he exists and that he is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

:freep: Jay Briscoe (ROH World Champion) - After a quiet October, Jay Briscoe also kicked up in in-ring action in November through both tag matches as well as two successful title defenses against ACH and Tommaso Ciampa respectively. Jay's big thing is building towards a match against Adam Cole, the two having built in history over the way Jay lost his belt initially and his failure to ever get it off Cole while he had it. Now he has it back, Cole is looking to take it away from him, and dat boy ain't having that. That's for the future though, and for now your choice should be based on what he has done in the ring and on the mic throughout November. It is certainly a hell of a lot more than in October, at least!

:radcat: More Like Lame-Pions (None of the Above Champion) - If none of these champions appeal or you're simply just too cool for school, vote this to see what the results are or mark your contempt and disdain for the options on offer for this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NJPW Network for 999 says vote for Tanahashi!!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
This month sucks. Voted Nakamura.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brock Lesnar is currently winning this poll :psyduck:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Brock Lesnar is currently winning this poll :psyduck:

Yeah, Lesnar might be my favorite guy in WWE when he's active but it's dumb to vote for a guy who's not there.

Watch the Nakamura and Hulk defenses, they're really good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

Watch the Nakamura and Hulk defenses, they're really good.

Yes, please check out these matches, if only to make an informed vote rather than going,"Well I recognize Brock's name so I guess I'll vote for him?" - I mean, you might still do that anyway, but at least you'll be aware of the alternatives!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

anyone who votes for brock lesnar is a wiener

as of this writing 7 of you are wieners

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 2, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I voted for Nakamura because the man is just on fire this year in general, and his time with the IC title is like a masterclass in how to make a non-world title important.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
No Kyle O'Reilly. Smh

I know why, but smh nonetheless. Viva Nakamura

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If current voting trends continue, this will be the first time that the IC Champion has won the poll since being included as an option!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Nakamura is the BEST.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

First IC Champion to win the monthly poll!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

kinda sucks that it was basically just by default but i'm glad nakamura got on this at least once

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
completely missed this month's poll. Feel a little bit better that people aren't sleeping on Hulk as much as they have in the past.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i can't wait to vote for Adam Cole in january

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
i can't wait to vote for Jhon Cena in january

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't wait to vote for Bobby Lashley or Robbie E or Crazzzy Steve whomever TNA can afford in January.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can't wait to vote for Bobby Lashley or Robbie E or Crazzzy Steve whomever TNA can afford in January.

Rockstar Spud - TNA World Heavyweight Champion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TL posted:

i can't wait to vote for Jhon Cena in january

Okada taking his spot back in January :smug:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Okada taking his spot back in January :smug:

japanese cena, same thing