Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Northjayhawk posted:

protip: that silly-looking pirate with the claw (Mack McKraken) is awesome. If you get a chance to get him, do it.

I have him. Why is he awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Snowmankilla posted:

I have him. Why is he awesome?

He's able to quickly travel long distances over walls and do a decent amount of damage before he goes down. If you set things up he can take out a key defensive structure.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

RVT posted:

Just come straight in to 2poor. I'll update the OP.

Requested

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Northjayhawk posted:

protip: that silly-looking pirate with the claw (Mack McKraken) is awesome. If you get a chance to get him, do it.

I love that guy. Sent him at a tower/mortar nest and used his ability, he almost killed every building there. Sent in some sky raiders and they finished everything off before they landed.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 25, 2015

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

What's your IGN friend, are you oldmikejones?

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
AGAIN!

RVT posted:

What's your IGN friend, are you oldmikejones?

Yeah that's me!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, I think RVT kicked you because you didn't say anything in chat so he thought you were a pub.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
He said something about call of duty or something instead of a goon password. Seems like we're sorted now though.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
AGAIN!
Hah yeah, my bad. I think it was late.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Annabelle is God drat amazing. You must recruit her when you see her. If you don't have her yet, save a spot in your fort.

She heals nearby pirates, can freeze nearby defenses, and has an unlimited range teleport. So, she basically teleports to your hurt pirates, heals them up, teleports to whoever else is hurt, etc.

Northjayhawk fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 30, 2015

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Northjayhawk posted:

Annabelle is God drat amazing. You must recruit her when you see her. If you don't have her yet, save a spot in your fort.

She heals nearby pirates, can freeze nearby defenses, and has an unlimited range teleport. So, she basically teleports to your hurt pirates, heals them up, teleports to whoever else is hurt, etc.

Yup, I was nervous about buying her because she didn't look that amazing on paper until I noticed it said "healing".

I love using her now. I was previous using Mack and the monkey dude.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
can you use the hero pirates every fight or do they have recovery times?

They sound fun, making me think about reinstalling.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Kid posted:

can you use the hero pirates every fight or do they have recovery times?

They sound fun, making me think about reinstalling.

You get 20 stamina per pirate. Using them in a fight uses 1. If they die it uses another. Defending uses another.

When you get to 0 stamina that's when you go in to recovery. You have multiple hero pirates so you will always have one available.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I feel bad about not grinding for those BP now, annabelle sounds fantastic.

Has anyone else noticed the witch doctors literally don't get targeted by defenses anymore? makes them way more viable imo.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

dogstile posted:

I feel bad about not grinding for those BP now, annabelle sounds fantastic.

Has anyone else noticed the witch doctors literally don't get targeted by defenses anymore? makes them way more viable imo.

More than just not getting targetted, they were invincible even from AOE attacks.

It just got fixed today.

My poor witchdoctors =(

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Aleth promoted you to officer of 2poor. Please accept new proven goons as they apply.

Kicked a bunch of people with 25+ days idle. Anyone that was kicked now or in the past is welcome back.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Finally finished all my buildings in PH7. Gonna kick back, chill, play with expensive pirate hordes, and grind out walls. All of them, not going to PH8 until the walls are done.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

RVT posted:

Aleth promoted you to officer of 2poor. Please accept new proven goons as they apply.

Kicked a bunch of people with 25+ days idle. Anyone that was kicked now or in the past is welcome back.

I saw, will do.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
We haven't rumbled in forever.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Stereotype posted:

We haven't rumbled in forever.

Been doing a couple over the past few days, starting another.

I'll try to mix them more often.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Unfortunately we've been hitting some rather hard opposition in them that are in the thousands of points in the first hour or so. Hopefully we'll get a bit of a more level rumble soon!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sorry for not being on, i've used all of my phone data for the month, it gets renewed in a couple days. I do still play, don't worry.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Gonna give this a try. Clash of Clans was fun, but the giant wait to do anything was a killer for me.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
If you've applied to 2poor let me know under what name as we get quite a lot of pub riffraff applying to reject.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Is blackbeard good at all? His special ability doesn't look exciting

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I've spent 10 minutes looking for the loving battle history thing. is it even there?

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Sure is!
Bottom left corner of screen there is a 'logbook'.
This has all your attack and defensive battles of the last 5 fights I think.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Mack McKraken does infact own. He's getting me tons more resources I wouldn't normally get.

Is the bomb guy any good? I might get him whenever I upgrade my building.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Dizz posted:

Mack McKraken does infact own. He's getting me tons more resources I wouldn't normally get.

Is the bomb guy any good? I might get him whenever I upgrade my building.

The bomb guy's job is to stand in the fort when I'm logged off so that he's the one who gets hit when I'm attacked instead of someone who might actually be useful in a raid.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, he's not particularly good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Oh okay. I figured there was something good on him since I kept seeing his dumb face on some bases that i reluctantly avoided.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Dizz posted:

Oh okay. I figured there was something good on him since I kept seeing his dumb face on some bases that i reluctantly avoided.

Yeah, he's just the pirate who is expendable for "defense".

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Hey guys, have not logged in for forever. Feel free to kick discworld. I may be back next summer, but school and other poop games are filling my time right now.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

How do I go about joining goon-guild?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

w00tmonger posted:

How do I go about joining goon-guild?

You post here with your ign and i open the guild, and if someone accepts you in the spam storm before I close the guild again you're in.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, supposedly they made a change to 'recommended' guilds that has resulted in mass spam applications if we leave it open.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

RVT posted:

You post here with your ign and i open the guild, and if someone accepts you in the spam storm before I close the guild again you're in.

Cool. Same as here (w00tmonger)

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

w00tmonger posted:

Cool. Same as here (w00tmonger)

Open, come on and request.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

RVT posted:

Open, come on and request.

Sent