Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Joined overflow guild as Apogee.

BTW, there seems to be two lljk guilds now. I just joined the one with more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
In the overflow guild as fastfarts

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Wow the overflow has everyone that's posted in the thread in it, except for ArteaSA.

Someone named Zotics is in here as well. I'm gonna kick him out tomorrow if there isn't a post from him confirming his goon status.

I'm gonna switch this to invite only. If there are 2-3 more people that are on a decent amount and can check the thread when you see someone request to join, post and I'll promote you.

If you have questions, the thread is a good place to ask, especially for the LLJK guys. A lot of questions are addressed up thread and in the OP as well.

RVT fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 26, 2015

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I just req'd, username Peghead Pete.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Just sent a request to lljk, I tried this back when it was first released but I hadn't really warmed up to CoC like games at that point. Gonna give it a whirl for a bit

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Requested to the overflow as Poop Island but would like to join the main guild if possible. I've been playing pretty regularly for the last couple of days and will help out if you want.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Stringbean posted:

Just sent a request to lljk, I tried this back when it was first released but I hadn't really warmed up to CoC like games at that point. Gonna give it a whirl for a bit

Are you Nosey in game?

Trampus posted:

Requested to the overflow as Poop Island but would like to join the main guild if possible. I've been playing pretty regularly for the last couple of days and will help out if you want.

I expect a pretty high attrition rate over the next few weeks, and as these types of games are pretty long term, I think that'll work. As the new people in the main guild fall off, we'll shuffle people from LLJK in.

Though honestly, I didn't expect this kind of response. The main guild kicked all it's pubs, and absorbed 28 new goons in less than 24 hours after Android release. The overflow is already up to 19 members. So, while you're probably not going to get a bunch of maxed troops in LLJK, there should be plenty of people to donate troops and fund perks in the meantime.

RVT fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 26, 2015

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

RVT posted:

Are you Nosey in game?

I expect a pretty high attrition rate over the next few weeks, and as these types of games are pretty long term, I think that'll work. As the new people in the main guild fall off, we'll shuffle people from LLJK in.

Though honestly, I didn't expect this kind of response. The main guild kicked all it's pubs, and absorbed 28 new goons in less than 24 hours after Android release. The overflow is already up to 19 members. So, while you're probably not going to get a bunch of maxed troops in LLJK, there should be plenty of people to donate troops and fund perks in the meantime.

I'll have to read up on how this guild stuff works. Been having a blast in the game so far.

t0sent
Apr 23, 2007
No reason to get excited
Requested as 'Dread Pirate Rob'

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Main guild has a couple of 15day inactive goons can you clear them for some new members?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Applied to overflow as crazyland.

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
Just applied to LLJK as Goonbrush. Here's hoping I won't give up on this game in a week!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm a goon, and reapllied to the overflow guild

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
14 days is probably going to be the inactive cutoff point. I've nudged the guys around there, that didn't tell me they were going to be unable to play for a bit. If those spots open up we'll move a couple people over next week.

That said, LLJK is up to 23 members, so it's pretty active on it's own.

It'll be a couple days before I have access to the LLJK account again, so these goons can now accept applications:

gwrtheyrn
overseer07
Rootballa
ephphatha
Tortoiseshell To(m)

Please check the thread and make sure it is a goon before you accept someone into LLJK. Thanks.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Applied to LLJK as Edrinshrike.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Also applied to LLJK, as Arbetor.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Applied to LLJK as 'Bloodbeard' because that sounds like a pirate-y name.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Or an awful, awful sex act

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do you determine if you should go after mines and the equivalent for grog, or if you should go after the storages?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Holy poo poo. I just got an Errand - A Brew Good Men -- that takes six hours but gives 85 BP, 20K Grog and 12 gems. :getin:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This game has some definite syncing issues, which makes me want to stay away and possibly go back to dominations. I'll plunder a base, do some other things, and then I'll close the game and when I come back, I've lost that progress. It's pretty jarring and frequent too.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Applied to lljk as Neckbeard

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...

Zotix posted:

This game has some definite syncing issues, which makes me want to stay away and possibly go back to dominations. I'll plunder a base, do some other things, and then I'll close the game and when I come back, I've lost that progress. It's pretty jarring and frequent too.

Can't say I've run into that and I've been pretty consistently playing back and forth between my iPad and my Note 4. Anyone else see things like this?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
There's a lot of waiting in this game.. Which I don't mind, honestly, but it's like 3 minutes of resource collecting, then 20 minutes of waiting for my boat to get somewhere.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Make your poops shorter and more frequent.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

NerdsMcGee posted:

Can't say I've run into that and I've been pretty consistently playing back and forth between my iPad and my Note 4. Anyone else see things like this?

No problems on either iPad or android yet for me.

New Leaf posted:

There's a lot of waiting in this game.. Which I don't mind, honestly, but it's like 3 minutes of resource collecting, then 20 minutes of waiting for my boat to get somewhere.

This your first poop game friend?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RVT posted:

No problems on either iPad or android yet for me.

This your first poop game friend?

First one like this, yeah. Normally I run into things like Marvel Puzzle Quest where there's a few extra things to do.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

New Leaf posted:

First one like this, yeah. Normally I run into things like Marvel Puzzle Quest where there's a few extra things to do.

The game is going to slow way down. You're still in the fast and furious first week.

Still, about 10x as fast overall as Clash.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So.

1) Good graphics are good. However good graphics are also a bit cluttered. It's much more difficult to tell what buildings are what at a glance than it is in, say, clash. or Boom beach. They could use some more distinction between 'em.

2) Some poo poo just isn't explained well. What is BP used for? What is EP used for? Who are these 'assistants'? It seems like some maps they fight defensively for you, or do they? Do they still do whatever when you send them on errands? The ship has cannon lanes, does it act as a defensive unit? I've yet to see it fire on an attacker.

3) Gunners have such goddamn short range it makes me wonder what the point of making them ranged at all was.

4) Why are gems 'sold out' in the market? I have a google play credit and wanted to use it but apparently there's a shortage of gems or something IDK?

Do you ever get the pirate equivalent of spells (flares or bombs or poo poo like that)? What building unlocks them?

khy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 27, 2015

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

khy posted:

3) Gunners have such goddamn short range it makes me wonder what the point of making them ranged at all was.

You can upgrade their range later.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

khy posted:

So.

1) Good graphics are good. However good graphics are also a bit cluttered. It's much more difficult to tell what buildings are what at a glance than it is in, say, clash. or Boom beach. They could use some more distinction between 'em.True. You can zoom and pan, which helps some. It does take time to recognize the buildings and their various upgrade designs, though.

2) Some poo poo just isn't explained well. What is BP used for? What is EP used for? These are used to upgrade your Base, and Ship (and some associated upgrades), respectively).Who are these 'assistants'? It seems like some maps they fight defensively for you, or do they? Do they still do whatever when you send them on errands? The ship has cannon lanes, does it act as a defensive unit? I've yet to see it fire on an attacker. Yes. tap on the ship and it'll show you two red cones, which are its firing lanes. They are static though, so they only fire when something walks through the line of fire

3) Gunners have such goddamn short range it makes me wonder what the point of making them ranged at all was. You can upgrade skill in the Academy, including range for your gunners. Upgrading your troops is vital.

4) Why are gems 'sold out' in the market? I have a google play credit and wanted to use it but apparently there's a shortage of gems or something IDK? never seen that before

Do you ever get the pirate equivalent of spells (flares or bombs or poo poo like that)? What building unlocks them? Yes. Upgrading the Tavern/Academy unlocks access to new troops and troop skills. I think Academy 3 unlocks bombers. The Voodoo Hut unlocks mage/priest type characters.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Still doesn't explain the assistants but it's a start. The game could REALLY use better in-game explanations though. Thank you for the answers.

EDIT : What the gently caress is the logic behind tavern upgardes? I cannot upgrade the tavern while troops are being recruited BUT I can recruit troops while the tavern is being upgraded? Why would they allow one way but not the other?

DOUBLEEDIT : I forgot how fun it is to be low level and attack people who give you more resources than your storages can hold. I've been TH8 for too long in CoC and BB doesn't let you do resource raids.

khy fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 27, 2015

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

Joined main guild as Asherand.

So far game feels smother than CoC and doesnt take much time.

For some reason i cannot kill some of the ships on map, while others are easy. I have one trade barge on map with 1/1 stars which is always deadly even if i send full crew and they always die. Same crew can usually kill several ships with same difficulty/reward and some seamonsters to boot.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
The "assistants" are just pointless NPCs that wander around your base. About a week before Android they added Errands, where you send these guys on little missions. Really though you just click a button and get a small amount of resources, and the NPCs still wander around your base.

They do not defend your base.

On the tavern thing, it's pretty easy to find a time you're not recruiting to start the upgrade. Not sure it's worth getting worked up over.

The Academy is the one that can be a bit more of a pain later on.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Ashendar posted:

Joined main guild as Asherand.

So far game feels smother than CoC and doesnt take much time.

For some reason i cannot kill some of the ships on map, while others are easy. I have one trade barge on map with 1/1 stars which is always deadly even if i send full crew and they always die. Same crew can usually kill several ships with same difficulty/reward and some seamonsters to boot.

I'm surprised with 35 space you can't kill it yet. I bet when you upgrade your ship to 3 you'll be good. Still weird that ship is so tough.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

RVT posted:

On the tavern thing, it's pretty easy to find a time you're not recruiting to start the upgrade. Not sure it's worth getting worked up over.

It's just annoying to queue up pirates, try to upgrade, cancel all pirates, start the upgrade, then re-queue the pirates. Not difficult just a nuisance to have to do it that way. If you can still recruit pirates while it's upgrading it makes no sense that you have to stop recruiting to start the upgrade.

Also annoying to be stuck at 2 builders because the game won't let me buy more gems with my play credits. I'm assuming that they likely disabled gem purchases because of some bug with the play store or something IDK. I just hope they get it working soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game even if it feels like a blatant CoC clone thus far. I'm just pointing out the annoying bits as I come across them.

khy fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 27, 2015

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

RVT posted:

I'm surprised with 35 space you can't kill it yet. I bet when you upgrade your ship to 3 you'll be good. Still weird that ship is so tough.

I was finally able to kill it with 35 level 7 gunners on a tier 2 boat. But yeah for a ship located next to the start it's pretty hard.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Zotix posted:

How do you determine if you should go after mines and the equivalent for grog, or if you should go after the storages?

As I was coming up, I just looked at the total loot, and the layout and level of the defenses, then 3 starred the bases I picked with Grute. Still do. I never worried too much about how the loot was distributed.

Collectors always look the same, but your own storages look different as they fill up. Don't think this holds true for enemy storages though, they always look half full. Maybe someone else knows better, I always just roll the whole base.

RVT fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 27, 2015

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
What sort of unit layouts are you using?

I'm trying to figure out what types of guys work best when attacking other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

m.hache posted:

What sort of unit layouts are you using?

I'm trying to figure out what types of guys work best when attacking other people.

Brutes and gunners are a strong combo once you need something tankier than buccs. Brutes in front to tank hits, gunners behind to kill everything. Gets better as gunners get range upgrades, so they take less splash damage.

With 65 space I use 10 brutes (40 space) and 25 gunners. You can scale that down, or just figure out your own ratio.

• Locked thread