Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Untagged posted:

p sure i knew a corrections chick that got preggo from an inmate. wonder if she had his name tatted on her titties too.
I'm not in corrections but I might get Tavon White's name tattooed on my titties anyway, because he sounds really cool.

Ah gently caress it, I'll do my part to bump that thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Most people go into corrections because they think the experience will help them get into law enforcement, for the majority of them this is false. Corrections experience is worthless and possibly even looked down upon because corrections officers are poo poo. The rest do it for the pay. The job itself is lovely and jails and prisons are overcrowded understaffed and lovely.

For the record I worked in a jail for several years and hated every second of it. I'll flip burgers before I ever walk a cell block again.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Untagged posted:

You all should read the last five or so pages of the police thread. It's fantastic.

Our police thread or the D&D thread where someone seriously argued that police should never use force?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

the D&D thread where someone seriously argued that police should never use force?

That one. You should them dog piling on a states attorney for *insert prosecution of anything*.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Untagged posted:

That one. You should them dog piling on a states attorney for *insert prosecution of anything*.

Oh, heh. Assumed you were referring to the Ask a Copgoon thread. Derp.

Appreciate the responses from you and Branis about corrections, thanks.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12/09/what-cops-think-of-us-in-their-very-own-words/

Looks like the media discovered the cesspits of policeone and O.com.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12/09/what-cops-think-of-us-in-their-very-own-words/

Looks like the media discovered the cesspits of policeone and O.com.

Not sure if I'd call that site THE MEDIA but we'll probably see it on the nightly news eventually.

Real journalism (tm) means having testosterone ads and chicks with abs everywhere on your page.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I was gonna talk poo poo about your search history but I went back and looked and I had ab ads too.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Branis posted:

I was gonna talk poo poo about your search history but I went back and looked and I had ab ads too.

It only counts if there was chicks with 6packs. That's how you know it's real good.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
drat, browsing from work sucks. Only ab I saw was on the "hot cheerleaders" "article" preview.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

My ads are about old people illnesses and knee injuries, social security stuff, and wrinkles/age spots. One elderly dude on the beach with a surfboard. None of this was in my search history before but it definitely will be now, hot drat!

Sidenote: A while back I asked people here if they posted on the Officer.com forums and everyone said No/that site sucks/it's the stormfront of police boards. That was comforting. I like y'all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

can someone link me to those two different videos of that one guy getting shot, where one angle makes it look totally unjustified and the other makes it clear that there was good reason?

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Two Finger posted:

can someone link me to those two different videos of that one guy getting shot, where one angle makes it look totally unjustified and the other makes it clear that there was good reason?

These ones? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7At5RyV_yo (Part 1) | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEiRQoALcs (Part 2)

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Branis posted:

It shows me women in wedding dresses and another article about women with big tits

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

yup that was the ones, thanks a lot

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
My search history is all hosed up right now from participating in the secret santa. Nothing but dildos and pig fetuses.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

beanieson posted:

My search history is all hosed up right now from participating in the secret santa. Nothing but dildos and pig fetuses.

What does secret Santa have to do with that??????

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Makes perfect sense actually.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
unsurprisingly you can buy pig fetuses online and while i'm not sure what the going rate for one is, this seems like a decent deal on one.

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/fetal-pig-10-13-double-injected/p/PM-PIGXLG/

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
That's overpriced.

Obama Africanus posted:

Welp.

Today GiP's secret Santa taught this guy that you can mail order whole preserved fetal pigs in the continental 48, and get them shipped anonymously to you under the name "Proud American Patriot."

My wife was really confused since it had "9/11 pig pls" hand written on the side of the box, and the (admittedly cute) fetal pig was just chilling in a bag with a loving wonder bread twisty keeping the stank in'ish.

10/10 for laughs and the story to tell, 1/10 on actual gift. I hope my Gipper likes their gift, it was hand written while high and from my heart. Even if it gets a little violent and sexual towards the beginning, middle, end, and a lot in the margins.

Lylas

http://www.amazon.com/11-Plain-Pres...y+pig+preserved

e: I didn't send it, not trying to take credit for this genius.

beanieson fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 11, 2014

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
I think it's time to call it quits. Wifey might get a job in another state, and I don't feel like starting over again.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
At least now that you have time in you can probably avoid another academy and do a lateral into another state.

I just paid 900 loving dollars to have 8 spark plugs changed, because ford in their infinite wisdom back in 2004 thought it was a good idea to use a two piece spark plug that has a tendency to break when they get old and carboned up.

Branis fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 11, 2014

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
You're gonna get out, have a lovely few months where it's nice to not be law enforcement, then start missing the poo poo out of it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

/\/\/\ you back in yet?

Branis posted:

I just paid 900 loving dollars to have 8 spark plugs changed

:stare: are the new plugs made of gold?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
It wasn't even the new plugs. The old plugs break in the socket or whatever and require alot of work to get out, and then all 8 broke. My mechanic is a one man shop and it took him all day workin on just my pickup to get it done.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I was putting my SS package together earlier, it's going somewhere in the bible belt and I was saddened to see these items had gone out of stock

http://muslimstickers.com/mashallah-super-work-stamp-red-2/

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-ALLAH-Pillow-Exquisite-Workmanship/dp/B00NR0BXM4

and

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc....81456516,d.d24

All of which are items that I consider quintessentially british.

Sadly sending pieces/whole animals via FedEx is likely to get me on some watch list.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
One for you Hezzy:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Mohammed was the most popular name in England this year wasn't it. How's it feel for the home of the British empire to be overrun by brown godless savages. What happened to you guys?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Well, they let some drat uppity colonials kick them out, and it's all been downhill since.

:britain:

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

Mohammed was the most popular name in England this year wasn't it. How's it feel for the home of the British empire to be overrun by brown godless savages. What happened to you guys?

I think that was later disproven as being daily mail hyped bullshit.

Who knows to be fair. The top name up here is probably still Angus or hamish. Solid scottish names.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Angus Macirnbru

I discovered scotland has something called a munchy box and i'm suprised america didn't think of it first considering how fat we are.

Branis fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 11, 2014

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Branis posted:

Angus Macirnbru

I discovered scotland has something called a munchy box and i'm suprised america didn't think of it first considering how fat we are.

We already ate the box.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

Angus Macirnbru

That is one of our many disgraceful yet also tremendous fast food options.

My particular favourite got saturday late shifts is what seems to be termed a 'hogie', incorrect by your definition as it may be, contains a nann bread containing kebab meat or chicken tikka, salad, sauce and chips. Wrong but oh so right.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

beanieson posted:

/\/\/\ you back in yet?

Nah. Still have the standing offer, but it's going to take some capital to move since I won't have the sweet rental option I had before. That and I'm still thinking to take some time and focus on college and not rush back into a department that sucked and play the long game.

It would be easier if I had the option of just living off the back of my wife's paychecks.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

chartley posted:

One for you Hezzy:

We were responding to a pretty serious job on the other end of the county and were listening in on the local radio for info. Local plod shouted up asking for our ETA, told them and added "Don't worry, we'll be there presently" and the operator nearly squealed in joy

I do enjoy BSPD, got one of their badges

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/politics/spending-bill-brink/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Guess I gotta walk down the hall and see if my upgrades completed. v:shobon:v

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Branis posted:

Angus Macirnbru

We've had Munchie Meals for quite awhile now...

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

We were responding to a pretty serious job on the other end of the county and were listening in on the local radio for info. Local plod shouted up asking for our ETA, told them and added "Don't worry, we'll be there presently" and the operator nearly squealed in joy

I do enjoy BSPD, got one of their badges

Was it joy or surprise you heard chief? I trust you didn't take the call anyway as, whilst it undoubtedly happened on a train station, you had only one car on at the time so needed to return to base

I proudly wear a bullshire badge at work.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

chartley posted:

Was it joy or surprise you heard chief? I trust you didn't take the call anyway as, whilst it undoubtedly happened on a train station, you had only one car on at the time so needed to return to base

Or the only BTP car was attending a nearby I-graded call (80 miles away) whilst all other officers in the county (3 of them) dealt with members of the public becoming verbally abusive to PCSO's who were checking rail tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

chartley posted:

Joy! Practically gushing. We took the job on!

• Locked thread