Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

loving slackers can't make a thread on time, so here you go.

Never not get out, QTIYD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

In class. People are giving extra credit presentations. They're bad.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

MancXVI posted:

In class. People are giving extra credit presentations. They're bad.

The whole concept of extra credit presentations is idiotic in that environment in the first place.

Out of morbid curiosity, what's the premise for the extra credit?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Lou Takki posted:

The whole concept of extra credit presentations is idiotic in that environment in the first place.

Out of morbid curiosity, what's the premise for the extra credit?

Fibonacci sequence and the golden ratio.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.

MancXVI posted:

Fibonacci sequence and the golden ratio.

Golden ratio ppt better have pretty lady faces or gtfo

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

KetTarma posted:

Golden ratio ppt better have pretty lady faces or gtfo

Or pretty men :swoon:

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I'm a semen, I mean Seaman, I haven't been a semen for 20 years.

Lou Takki posted:

Never not get out, QTIYD.

Voting this thread a loving FIVE.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Same.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Pandasmores posted:

#justnavythings

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I should be getting the medsep message this week. I'm so excited. As long as QC didn't send my prospective rating back with a do-over, I'll be out by the end of January.

:pray:

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/03/2014-chicago-has-been-coldest-in-110-years/

Coldest winter in Chicago in 110 years. Who was that guy that just went to RTC? Hahahahaa.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

DustyNuts posted:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/03/2014-chicago-has-been-coldest-in-110-years/

Coldest winter in Chicago in 110 years. Who was that guy that just went to RTC? Hahahahaa.

Lingcodkiller - Cali boy, so :lol:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/crime/2014/12/03/submarine-wyoming-women-camera-shower/19827247/

Alrite. Which one of you was this?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

lol they are going to crucify this dude

e: lol
One of the women filmed was nearly forced to deploy, the retired officer said, but the decision was reversed two days before the sub's Tuesday departure.

She said that there has been intense interest in female crew members from the get-go. She recalled her first day on a sub, when a young male sailor came into her stateroom and asked, "Where are the females?"

"I looked at him and said, 'All right, let's get one thing straight: They're not females, they're junior officers on this boat, they're division officers, and you will address them as Ensign So-and-So, and you can tell everybody else on the boat,' " she said.

As a supply officer and lieutenant, it was her job to serve as a mentor for the younger female submariners and to be a leader among the crew.

hahaha what a oval office

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

:lol:

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
I can't get over the fact that they didn't make her deploy because some dudes saw her gross rear end bush

Analogical
May 20, 2013

justice4trayvawn posted:

I can't get over the fact that they didn't make her deploy because some dudes saw her gross rear end bush

if thats enough to keep you on shore there'd be no women on ships

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

justice4trayvawn posted:

You are familiar with the policy that allows someone who has been violated the ability to be transferred so as to not have to see their violator every day, yes? Or do you not listen in the quarterly SAPR GMTs?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

poopkitty posted:

You are familiar with the policy that allows someone who has been violated the ability to be transferred so as to not have to see their violator every day, yes? Or do you not listen in the quarterly SAPR GMTs?

i got out in 2009 when raping was still cleared hot

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

justice4trayvawn posted:

Policy has been around since before that, shippie.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

poopkitty posted:

Policy has been around since before that, shippie.

no. you.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

That policy often breaks. A girl here tried to get a transfer, but this is the only place our billet sits at and she didn't want to be reduced to sitting a PT office somewhere because of what happened.

world still sucks on the reg

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

justice4trayvawn posted:

lol they are going to crucify this dude

e: lol
One of the women filmed was nearly forced to deploy, the retired officer said, but the decision was reversed two days before the sub's Tuesday departure.

She said that there has been intense interest in female crew members from the get-go. She recalled her first day on a sub, when a young male sailor came into her stateroom and asked, "Where are the females?"

"I looked at him and said, 'All right, let's get one thing straight: They're not females, they're junior officers on this boat, they're division officers, and you will address them as Ensign So-and-So, and you can tell everybody else on the boat,' " she said.

As a supply officer and lieutenant, it was her job to serve as a mentor for the younger female submariners and to be a leader among the crew.

hahaha what a oval office

That's what I was thinking when I read that.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Anyone have any solid information on the uniform changes outside navytimes?

I was tracking new NWU material, new coveralls and new whites with blue piping. But everyone seems to have a different set of items that was changed.

Also, anyone know of any better alternative to bates for NWUs? I've been out of uniform for almost a year and remembered how bad my boots sucked recently and thought I'd see if anyone had any better recommendations that didn't involve me saying they hurt my feet and I wanted BUD/s boots.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

justice4trayvawn posted:

And this why we still have endless amounts of SAPR and sexual harassment training.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

And this why we still have endless amounts of SAPR and sexual harassment training.

:D

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

poopkitty posted:

Or do you not listen in the quarterly SAPR GMTs?

Lmao.

Holds true after replacing sapr with literally anything.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
At least when it happened on my ship, it was the legal officer taking pictures of women in the shower and not some scrub E-5.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

justice4trayvawn posted:

This came to mind:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Analogical posted:

Anyone have any solid information on the uniform changes outside navytimes?

I was tracking new NWU material, new coveralls and new whites with blue piping. But everyone seems to have a different set of items that was changed.

Also, anyone know of any better alternative to bates for NWUs? I've been out of uniform for almost a year and remembered how bad my boots sucked recently and thought I'd see if anyone had any better recommendations that didn't involve me saying they hurt my feet and I wanted BUD/s boots.

We've been over this. Bates is a conspiracy to get sailors to buy lovely boots so their boots break down and they have to buy new boots. Buy the flight deck boots they sell in the PX, when someone tries to call you out on it pull out a ruler and show them their boots are the same height as yours. Also, def don't shine your out of reg boots, it will just draw unwanted attention.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

We've been over this. Bates is a conspiracy to get sailors to buy lovely boots so their boots break down and they have to buy new boots. Buy the flight deck boots they sell in the PX, when someone tries to call you out on it pull out a ruler and show them their boots are the same height as yours. Also, def don't shine your out of reg boots, it will just draw unwanted attention.

loving seconding and thirding this, buy the loving flight deck boots. There & Backs by Wellco are good wearing, and though they're standard military height (8 inches instead of the special snowflake 9 inches that the Navy picked), no-one will know/care as long as you don't go around bragging about your boots being an inch short on top. No-one is gonna break out a loving ruler to measure them, because better than half of the Chiefs on board will be wearing out of reg zip-up boots, and officers generally have better poo poo to do than stare at people's boots to see if they're 8 or 9 inches tall.

Source: I wore Wellco There & Backs for 4 years on ship, and never got approached once about my boots.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

That dude is going to get loving destroyed.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Although, we will only have true equality when showers are just co-ed like starship troopers.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Sir Lucius posted:

Although, we will only have true equality when showers are just co-ed like starship troopers.

Battlestar Galactica is a better fit, even though they have Colonels as XOs and Captains are LTs.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Angry Fish posted:

Battlestar Galactica is a better fit, even though they have Colonels as XOs and Captains are LTs.

Because that's what's most improbable about the show

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

If I remember correctly, you can't add into TSP if you get out early. Is it possible to roll it over to some other investment through Navy Fed? Anyone have any experience loving around with something like this?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

If I remember correctly, you can't add into TSP if you get out early. Is it possible to roll it over to some other investment through Navy Fed? Anyone have any experience loving around with something like this?

You can roll tsp into other retirement accounts
https://www.tsp.gov/planparticipation/withdrawals/requestingWithdrawal.shtml

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Analogical posted:

Because that's what's most improbable about the show

I refuse to believe that anyone would ever say "fracking" and not be talking about oil.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Sir Lucius posted:

Just to throw out another more expensive option, I bought a pair of Red Wing 4473 boots a few weeks ago to replace my broken down three year old Bellvilles (who knew that boots soles were supposed to keep water out?). They're still breaking in but they are more comfortable than the issue boots and seem a lot more durable.

They are 8" but otherwise pretty well visually indistinguishable from the Bates garbage. My only real complaint is that they have eyelets instead of speed hooks which makes them a bit more of a hassle to put on.

TsarAleksi fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I've worn a pair of Cold War era jump boots (PJ 10-89) for the last two years and nobody has ever said a loving thing to me about them. They are comfy and look slick. I guess I can get away with it off of a ship/flightline.

• Locked thread