Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Was DTS and the APC/GTC program really that hosed up in other commands?

When I was in-squadron, the officers/pilots were really the only people I could reliably train to utilize DTS and coordinate split disbursement to the GTC so the payment would come out of the claim, rather than to personally indemnify them of the charges.

For the sake of all the maintainers' credit scores, I literally would just do everyone elses' claim solo. But that was only about 160 people 2-3 times a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

They did this at Fallon too and it's pretty silly. They closed down the galley, then renovated the seldom-used dining area of the O Club to add a cafeteria-style buffet line with a fixed price per meal. But it's totally not a galley! The food was actually pretty good, but I don't see why they went to all that trouble to essentially re-invent the wheel. poo poo, I just remembered that our CSes even went TAD there just like they normally would at a galley or on the boat.

You can also get a fixed-price meal at the base cafe/E Club that sells burgers and such. It's like they just arbitrarily made it a lot harder and more disorganized to get a meal.

I fought my ISIC to ensure that whenever the squadron went to NAS Fallon that they were entitled to a PMR, and not GMR due to the 24 on / 24 off schedule because of Fallon's stupid loving galley hours. Still managed to be stuck there without wheels and just eating at Mean Gene's more often than I care to admit. They still have that VirtuaON Arcade Machine? That poo poo fuckin' owned.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

krispykremessuck posted:

Assignment Officer/Detailer is an insanely lovely job with not enough money involved in the PCS process and any number of people trying to pull favors. It sucks, but the only way to improve it is a route the Navy is highly unlikely to take.

Double length of tours. Make officers do 4 year tours like enlisted guys.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Sir Lucius posted:

My package just arrived, but I won't be there to get it until tomorrow. I hope it's not full of spiders/dicks.

Dreamcast full of Mealworms was still the best.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Arione posted:

subs is volo only, you can always back out, even on the boat you can tap.

They prefer you try to double-tap first.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Christoff posted:

Yeah I remember the obligatory fresh from Africa 36 year old dude that got in with a waiver

We had a CTN candidate from Africa. Dude was loving awesome and had only the greatest stories and metaphors. He was literally thankful for every day he was in the air conditioned SCIF and not in fuckin' Kenya. Great attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Christoff posted:

Isn't frat pretty much "whatever your command considers frat"

It was drilled into our heads and the whole one up one down in regards to dating different ranks like it was a real regulation then you get to the "fleet" and no one gives a gently caress unless they work together

Stupidest poo poo in Boot camp was that portion of the UCMJ. It's all there in the fuckin' book. I was in a Co-ed division. So the dude comes and says the schpiel. Word for word in the articles. The guys are all like, "alright. Don't gently caress anyone in the Navy." Class goes on for 45 more fuckin' minutes, question after question from the chicks in all these loving hypothetical situations.

What the gently caress. Don't gently caress anyone else in the Navy. Stop it. You're not here to get pregnant and married to other Sai---gently caress it. gently caress everything.

• Locked thread