Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
Just put on E5 in 2 years. First thing LPO says to me is "you know, I've never been pissed that someone made rank before."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Null Integer posted:

gently caress that guy. Honestly, putting on rank fast is always a good sign. Even with certain communites that advance fast, 100%'s, or just good on your knees, you will be making more money soon, have more responsibility which gives you more chances to excel. Let me type cast your LPO, 10+ years, recently put on first after way too many attempts, doesn't want to make chief E6 to retirement club member.

you forgot became pregnant 1 month before failing her 3rd PRT,

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

poopkitty posted:

Your LPO is an rear end in a top hat, and the WORST kind of rear end in a top hat.

I say this as an Active Duty woman with 2 kids, both born on shore duty. I never failed a PRT, never missed an underway due to kids. (well one, and that was last week. And I'm on shore duty.)

That said, I no longer preach the "have 'em on shore" message. gently caress the Navy planning my life for me.

Have em on the shore is still going strong, this command is like a damned puppy mill. Birth announcements almost ever other week.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

poopkitty posted:

See, at this point in my career, I kind of disagree with this. I won't argue it because it's pointless, and honestly I don't really know how I would fix it. But I resent that my children are five years apart because of a career that will be over soon. My family is FAR more important to me and I set them aside for it and that's crap.

_ there are some who make it work and don't abuse the system, hat's off, but they are few and far between.

Arione fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 14, 2014

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Christoff posted:

^ yeah pretty much

The senior enlisted are sympathetic because they all have 4 kids and a bitchy fat wife with medical issues. Meanwhile the e-3/e-4 scrubs have to pick up the work to go home to a shared barracks room and are getting yelled at because they have twice the work and can't keep up and are always in sight of the higher ups and they gotta bitch at someone then they miss out on all that extra pay while being treated like a plebeian because they decided to not get married or have kids

Then you ask to run a personal errand or even going to the PX and Jesus Christ it's like you're asking for some huge personal favor

so much this!!!!

guess who gets to stand watch every holiday for the last 2 years because "well you don't have a family here to spend time with" like I couldn't be hanging out with friends drinking too. some sailors are more equal than others. /can of worms

Arione fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 15, 2014

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Pandasmores posted:

Hahaha I saw some cockbags taking wedding photos outside of the hospital once in full gown and blues. Some hambeast was using weird angles, her crotchspawn running around a parking lot while mommy "worked".

Edit: Actus, you just made my day. By the way, is here some weird regulation that forbids a naval installation of using a system intended for paging doctors and emergency building-wide announcements for hotdog sales by a civilian club?

Got told today by my detailer that I cant use my Guard 2000 to Florida because they have too many spouse colo's during my window.... seriously gently caress you married ppl. I'm tired of your poo poo, cant stand duty, cant show up on time, cant even go to god drat norfolk.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I have a student right now that was contract subs but he told them at boot camp he didn't wanna do it anymore and they let him switch. I guess because they are trying to ramp up manning for this rate they let him.

subs is volo only, you can always back out, even on the boat you can tap.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Analogical posted:

Other IDWers: Do you all board on just book 3? I just found out that most commands just board on book 3 and not every line item of each book. If that's the case, a lot is starting to make more sense.

Nope, here we do every line of all 3 books, I've seen books get shredded for failing on the first book's sections.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Fart Sandwiches posted:

For our rate the mil "instructors" are more admin folks than anything. They only do the 2 day intro and then herd cats the rest of the time and they're understaffed. But people seem to make chief like crazy here so there's that.

march boots 1/2 mile, read powerpoints for 8 hours, march boots 1/2 mile" sounds hard as gently caress

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

orange juche posted:

Better than being in a literal 2 man N6 department supporting 100+ nobles.

E: Also, being close enough to home to be able to drive home on the weekend if I feel like it is not a bad thing.

i'd do dirty poo poo to get CID Pensacola orders, got told I cant guard 2000 to florida at all for spouse colo's. options are slim

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

orange juche posted:

Fingers crossed, then. I got them most likely because I am coming back from an overseas flag duty billet in Japan. If you're an IT though you never have to go to sea duty if you don't feel like it, they're subject to the same duty rotation as LNs. (CONUS/OCONUS), just remember to get your IDW pin, or else you will get shoved into a poo poo duty that you really didn't want. lol all navy duties are poo poo duty, who am I kidding.

E: Got my welcome aboard letter, what the gently caress is an "Information Warrior"? Is that like some twist on the sarcastic Sea Warrior poo poo?

cant wait to call people that at work tomorrow. I've had that pin since drat near the time i reported. If i hear one more time how "every sailor needs an ESWS pin" im going to make it my life goal to do 20 years and never get that poo poo ever

Arione fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 30, 2014

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
come in on leave? :bahgawd:

Arione fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 1, 2015

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Stultus Maximus posted:

Who the gently caress answers the phone from anyone at the command while on leave?

clearly a retard, I'd just laugh even if I did answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
Serious question, Is dating a coastie noble considered fraternization? I heard they weren't dod and like DoT or some poo poo so its not really

• Locked thread