Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Or pretty men :swoon:

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/crime/2014/12/03/submarine-wyoming-women-camera-shower/19827247/

Alrite. Which one of you was this?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

justice4trayvawn posted:

I can't get over the fact that they didn't make her deploy because some dudes saw her gross rear end bush

You are familiar with the policy that allows someone who has been violated the ability to be transferred so as to not have to see their violator every day, yes? Or do you not listen in the quarterly SAPR GMTs?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

justice4trayvawn posted:

i got out in 2009 when raping was still cleared hot

Policy has been around since before that, shippie.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Angry Fish posted:

They started selling Christmas party tickets. For $25, you get to dance to *mumble mumble*, and eat *muuurmerrrr* with the people at your command.

Are we supposed to go to this one this year?

Lucky. Ours are $75 loving dollars. And an hour away in Tokyo. And they reserve, like, 15 rooms and there's 3,000 people at our command. gently caress that.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Angry Fish posted:

$75?! What does $75 get you?

A standard "served meal" (Chicken, beef or veggie) and a seat at an assigned table. In formalwear. Transportation up there is extra, tolls or train is about $20. Or you can take the command bus back to your car on base for $10. Which was super fun last year as my drunk husband and my CMC had a yelling match about meat pie. I couldn't drink because I live 20 minutes by car from where the bus returns to.

So, if you're following:
$150 for a couple
$30 for drinks because they aren't free
$20 for a pair of bus tickets
$50 for a babysitter
a lot of Japanese that I don't know
+ that guy you can't stand that always talks to you anyway
----------------------------
A whole bunch of hell no.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

buttplug posted:

its time to grow up

This. Thanks, BP. I get the impression that you *look* for things to get angry about, Panda. Fix that. The only person who can change your situation is you.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I'm not a fag.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ManMythLegend posted:

Bro, I ask you with all seriousness, have you contacted an IG or at the very least a JAG?

This. I find it hard to believe that the BNC couldn't fix this. It'll take a while, but that's bullshit.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Null Integer posted:

Just got approved for PO1, can I officially stop caring for the next 15 years?

Are you getting paid?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Analogical posted:

They're Senior Junior NCOs. SJNCOs SIJ NOKS

At PO1 most departments seem to relegate you to being a secretary for a Chief. None of the ones I know have much autonomy or directly lead anyone.

I actually knew a CTI1 who made it in four and a half years. Left DLI, got 2nd class first cycle out of A-School then NECC sent him to Iraq with some pixel-faced group and he got capped for doing something he never specified, i always assumed it was giving a captain head in the midst of a firefight

You've never been on a ship. I was absolutely directly leading on a ship.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

SpaceJustice posted:

I think it depends on the Chief. I had a good Chief who empowered me to lead and would point me in the right direction if I needed some help. Some Chiefs aren't as good about that and have trouble giving up some control.

Truth. Depends on the PO1 also. I empowered some, and marginalized others.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
They missed July? Slackers.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I don't give a gently caress about football. Ever. The uniforms are ridiculous every year, too. I know we don't pay for them, but it seems like excess for a bullshit game that doesn't matter anyway.

I do like El Cid though.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

Just put on E5 in 2 years. First thing LPO says to me is "you know, I've never been pissed that someone made rank before."

Your LPO is an rear end in a top hat.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

you forgot became pregnant 1 month before failing her 3rd PRT,

Your LPO is an rear end in a top hat, and the WORST kind of rear end in a top hat.

I say this as an Active Duty woman with 2 kids, both born on shore duty. I never failed a PRT, never missed an underway due to kids. (well one, and that was last week. And I'm on shore duty.)

That said, I no longer preach the "have 'em on shore" message. gently caress the Navy planning my life for me.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

Have em on the shore is still going strong, this command is like a damned puppy mill. Birth announcements almost ever other week.

You sound like that bothers you, and I'm sad for you because it should not.

Sorry your LPO is an rear end in a top hat. Don't learn from her.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

PneumonicBook posted:

the responsible ones will do that on shore duty

See, at this point in my career, I kind of disagree with this. I won't argue it because it's pointless, and honestly I don't really know how I would fix it. But I resent that my children are five years apart because of a career that will be over soon. My family is FAR more important to me and I set them aside for it and that's crap.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
nevermind.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 14, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I think I'm the only enlisted girl here. The other is a noble. And hell no I didn't lift poo poo. I was an instructor. And my kids are too old for the new rules, I had one of them when the Navy still approved outs for kids.

I'm not going to care here because gently caress that. Navy wives suck but at least I don't have to be married to one, nor do I have a NWU diaper bag.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Stultus Maximus posted:

I got married shortly before promoting to JG and it was a great decision. Of course, I chose to marry someone whom I had known for years and who I knew was intelligent, hardworking, and responsible. Someone who was capable of paying bills and taking the car to the mechanic and managing a household, living independently for months at a time. It really took some of the burden off of me during deployments because I didn't have to care at all about household finances or any of that because she could do that without assistance.

Also, no kids during active duty. A woman who can regularly take a pill in the morning is a must.

Marriage isn't bad, but a lot of idiots get married who shouldn't.

You sound like a real dreamy guy. :allears:

quote:

My ex got out of the Navy and all our stuff was put into military storage, as we thought we were going to take our time with picking where to live and stuff. Anyways, after he got out he left me, and now we're divorcing which has taken a turn for the worse.

He signed a specific power of attorney so I could get the car into my name only which I already did. But it's not one that JAG did. We did it on LegalZoom. There was a provision about the car, and also this other provision:

See, this poo poo is why we have separate everything.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

It's like trying to get teenagers to practice abstinence. You should teach them get prenuptial agreements instead.

This would be so much more valuable than that stupid Compass class where they teach dependas how to read your LES and cheat the benefits system. It's too easy to get married in San Diego, kids just drive to Vegas.

My husband and I were both at the schoolhouse for a while; I was a student, he was teaching. Different pipelines. But every crying student who wanted to get married to the love of their life that they met a month ago got both of us telling them not to and listing all of the lovely things that dual-mil brings to the table. We played "scared straight" almost every week.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Christoff posted:

This idea is stolen from someone else but you know they could just provide incentives to stay single. Like give everyone BAH, or at least pay you extra money to live in the barracks. Make the barracks more like apartments (San Diego already does this right?) with more privacy and no loving shared rooms. Stop waking people
up at 5 am for field day inspections and to police call. Give everyone COMRATS/BAS and family sep pay on deployment. Like, because I'm not married I don't have family?

Bro I'm so with you. McDonald's doesn't give a gently caress if you're married. I mean, I get that it's hard for spouses to find jobs and that's why they incentivize housing - but I don't give a gently caress. You chose this life, suck it up buttercup. Everyone should get BAH commensurate with rank regardless of dependent status. (And the OHA process is beyond hosed, especially for dual mil. At least it's in the hands of foreign nationals with NO FREAKING CLUE what you're talking about when you ask questions.)

Also, they charge for on base daycare by rank. What the gently caress is that? Why am I paying in the top tier because we both have jobs, and the SN with a "full time working" spouse who sells loving mary kay pays $10 a week for their 3 kids. Bullshit.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

I just want to point out that every navy spouse sells either mary kay, shakelogy, or some other MLM scheme

Or they are photographers. Every fatty with a DSLR and photoshop is a photographer.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

Let me homestead and I might even consider re-enlisting. How am I supposed to set up my hobbyist blacksmithery if I'm going to be moving around all the time? Jeez.

We begged to GTFO of San Diego for 17 years. For our last tours (the ones we're on) we asked to stay, because gently caress it we were used to it. Nooope. Now we're in Japan. Detailing is insane and stupid. I had a dude from my last ship with 10 dependents (MOTHERFUCKING TEN because he was one of those superreligious non-vaxxing quiverfull fucks) get orders to England.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Analogical posted:

Someone is getting masted.

For making GBS threads in a urinalysis cup.

:magical:

When do you go up? Are they skipping DRB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

germskr posted:

I think this is a noble problem only. I can't imagine the look on a lord's face when they realize a serf can write, let alone read good. :rolleyes:

Nope. I had a barely English speaking CMC (may she rot in Hell) who had me proofread and fix every eval and SOY/SOQ package and any correspondence that had to leave the ship from the mess.

ActusRhesus posted:

you will also be tasked to be the official JAGMAN Investigation officer for every command investigation until you die. Careful, serfs...Chiefs can be tapped as IOs.

Can confirm. Just finished one here. And we have a freaking lawyer.

• Locked thread