Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
a rare 3pt attempt in the illinois/miami game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

goldboilermark posted:

a rare 3pt attempt in the illinois/miami game

I just can't figure out why Egwu continues to shoot 3pointers.

Edit -if Miami could make a basket we would be getting our poo poo shoved in. Fortunately it is within 10 points.

Double edit \/\/ I don't think I've seen Egwu hit more than three 3pointers in his career at Illinois, and 2 of those came this year against Indiana State.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 3, 2014

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
He must hit them in practice because Bruce Weber talked about him having a nice shot too and he definitely hasn't hit those shots in games over the years.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
looks like Vince Edwards is doing his thang this half, dude already has 11 and 6

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
Two missed dunks for Ohio State already. :psyduck:

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Louisville center from Egypt is 7'0" 200 lb?!?!

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I take it back, first half of this game is a turd.

Redbirds tied with VCU under 4 minutes left in the game.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I am having flashbacks to last year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MrCodeDude posted:

Two missed dunks for Ohio State already. :psyduck:

This game isn't going to pretty for OSU, I was hoping we had progressed past the point of strict zone but doesn't look like it. Unless you are Syracuse, you aren't going to beat a top 5 team with a sloppy zone.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

You hear what Wes Clark is supposed to have done? He's sitting tonight for some reason or other.

It's a shame Missouri's going to be so bad this year that SEMO or UMKC beating them isn't even going to help those teams get in the tournament.

Nope, although he hasn't looked particularly impressive this year has he? Sadly, it looks like Mizzou will squeak out a win. I'd rather they just be a complete tirefire this year than limp along to a just bad record instead.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
finally found a freakin' feed, hope it keeps up

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Nope, although he hasn't looked particularly impressive this year has he? Sadly, it looks like Mizzou will squeak out a win. I'd rather they just be a complete tirefire this year than limp along to a just bad record instead.

No he hasn't been good, it's just that their normally terrible offense somehow looks even more clueless tonight. Probably got caught smoking pot or something.

Man imagine what this team would look like without Gill-Caesar. Who himself isn't really good yet, just talented enough to be their only offensive option outside of JW3.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
how in the world was that not a flagrant 1? excessive contact, no play on the ball AND a push from behind...literally all three things that a flagrant 1 is??

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Yeah that was bullshit

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

No he hasn't been good, it's just that their normally terrible offense somehow looks even more clueless tonight. Probably got caught smoking pot or something.

Man imagine what this team would look like without Gill-Caesar. Who himself isn't really good yet, just talented enough to be their only offensive option outside of JW3.

Why the hell is Deuce Bello not getting big minutes (especially on this trash heap of a team)? I thought he was supposed to be a huge transfer get a year or two back.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

goldboilermark posted:

how in the world was that not a flagrant 1? excessive contact, no play on the ball AND a push from behind...literally all three things that a flagrant 1 is??

Contact on the ground = ok
Contact in the air = foul

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Keep that up Nunn

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

Contact on the ground = ok
Contact in the air = foul

a blatant two hand push from behind with no play on the ball is ok?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

goldboilermark posted:

a blatant two hand push from behind with no play on the ball is ok?

That's how the refs are calling it in this game. In real life it was definitely a flagrant 1

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
kendall stephens is having issues since his pinky went sideways

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
nc state misses an alley oop dunk and gets it back and hits a 3 lol

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
Its difficult to determine whether Shane Battier's commentary or Ohio State is shittier

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Welp. Another poo poo shooting night, we lose.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Lmao at State getting a turnover for ineligible receiver downfield. What the gently caress.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Fire all refs.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hell yeah purdue loving yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue :cool:

This is the first game I've seen this year but this team compared to last year's team is like night and day.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

Hard to win when you're 9-36 in the first half, 3-17 from 3. Not sure of 2ns half stats....but ugh. Those are terrible numbers.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I honestly don't believe the State/Purdue refs knew the rules of basketball. A guy can go out of bounds and come back in and catch the ball. It's not the NFL.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
Louisville slowly making GBS threads this game away is a delight

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

Yeah. Realistically, it's tough to be win on the road, and tougher when you dig yourself a hole.

Want to see if we can hang with Villanova. Still think the trajectory of the season depends on Nunn and Hill.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well OSU battled back, but hurt not having Loving in there for the last 7-8 minutes. Also I'm getting worried that Russell will go pro.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

I honestly don't believe the State/Purdue refs knew the rules of basketball. A guy can go out of bounds and come back in and catch the ball. It's not the NFL.

did you miss the play that was literally a flagrant 1 by not one, not two, but all three definitions of "flagrant 1" and they reviewed it and then didn't call it? the refs were terrible but you still have to find a way to win the game, sorry for ya!

also saw this on twitter: Rule 9:4 Article 1a. You cant go out of bounds on your own and be the first player to touch the ball.

i haven't bothered to look if it's right or not

The Great Autismo! fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 3, 2014

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

goldboilermark posted:

did you miss the play that was literally a flagrant 1 by not one, not two, but all three definitions of "flagrant 1" and they reviewed it and then didn't call it? the refs were terrible but you still have to find a way to win the game, sorry for ya!

also saw this on twitter: Rule 9:4 Article 1a. You cant go out of bounds on your own and be the first player to touch the ball.

i haven't bothered to look if it's right or not

I'm not saying State lost because of the refs, the flagrant one is another example of how terrible they were both ways. No, they lost because of rebounding and missed FTs but the officiating was still so bad.

Anyway if that is a real rule then there are several ACC players alone who just lost about 1000 points off their career totals.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm not saying State lost because of the refs, the flagrant one is another example of how terrible they were both ways. No, they lost because of rebounding and missed FTs but the officiating was still so bad.

Anyway if that is a real rule then there are several ACC players alone who just lost about 1000 points off their career totals.
9-4.1: A player who steps out of bounds under his own volition and then becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court has committed a violation.
9-4.1.a: A violation has not been committed when a player, who steps out of bounds as permitted by 7-4.6.b, does not receive the pass along the end line from a teammate and is the first to touch the ball after his return to the playing court.

And because I have the book open:
7-4.6.b: In 7-4.6.a.1 through .4 [basically, when throwing the ball in after a score], any player of the throw-in team may make a direct throw-in or may pass the ball along the end line to a teammate(s) who is also out of bounds.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i'm watching msu-nd and i desperately want both teams to lose

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

goldboilermark posted:

i'm watching msu-nd and i desperately want both teams to lose

I feel the same way about Duke & Wisconsin later tonight.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
UNC - Iowa is a pretty good game so far, but goddam Iowa looks like a bunch of Duke rejects.

Cholmondeley fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 4, 2014

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Roy knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Why are unc fans and Roy wearing green?

• Locked thread