Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Actually, it loads on my phone. So here it is.

"Despite the body count that had mounted up and the numerous mysterious/suspicious disappearances that had occurred already, when JakeP died, it was the first time people cared enough to actually call the police, he finally got the respect in death that he apparently didn't deserve as a mafia player. Quickly the CSIs arrived on-scene, wearing designer clothes and looking stylish instead of the forensically appropriate attire that was standard issue, Horatio Caine posed over the half eaten remains of JakeP, the obvious teeth marks on the broken bones and shredded flesh clearly indicated a humanoid creature far greater in size and stature than a human being. He remarked: ""Well it looks like his time was finally..."" pausing momentarily to put on shades despite it being a heavily wooded area and the middle of the night ""...Ogre."" [url="https://"http://youtu.be/Y5NQlpZp238""]Yyyyyyyeeeeeaaaahhhh[/url]"

Mildmaneredmanikin, Vanilla Town has been eaten by orgres.

Get those actions to punt.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No that was a no lynch.

It was mylo.

Now we lose.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Unless Allen can predict the kill.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
EXAKT was scum, I told you guys at the start of this day BUT YALL DIDNT LISTEN

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Puntification sighed, all this death and jane austin was really getting to him. Not even thinking about bee movie, his favourite movie that was no doubt a cinematic triumph with Jerry Seinfeld being as funny as he ever was (what's the deal with airline food? hahaha classic, jerry) could cheer him up. Everyone seemed dazed and confused, unsure what to do, the numerous grizzly deaths had really taken the momentum out of the game. He noticed Taste and Hal were up and about moving around the group, seemingly engaged in some sort of impenetrable ritual practice. He chuckled "that's way more active than they can usually be relied upon to be." trying desperately to extract some humour from the situation, he froze and the penny dropped. His ever-so handsome face shifted from a look of force levity to one of horror.

Suddenly it all made sense, the suffering, the deaths, the way the gaming station was in a ritual circle, Hal's and Taste's death soulless eyes, the whispering of restless spirits you could hear when you were near them, the way they daubed bloody runes from the viscera of each player that had died around the group and chanted each time someone died, it was all so obvious how hadn't we noticed before now? "Oh, sh-" The sky cracked open, thunder and gales erupted from the night sky drowning out all human voices while the wind seemed to scream inhuman curses, the ground shook and the blood on the ground lit up, the earth before them crumbled and the fell deep into hell.

Time seemed to distort, they fell for an age before slamming into the ground. Puntification gasped for breath, he could see the prone forms of the others nearby but hadn't the strength to rise and check on them. Suddenly a familiar noise came from his jacket pocket, the buzzing of his phone, if it weren't for his lack of breath he'd had laughed at the absurdity but he felt compelled to check it. Meekly grasping into his jacket pocket he unlocked the phone and pressed the message, from an anonymous sender: it was a role PM.

Sartre was right, Hell is other people, playing a party game involving an uniformed majority hunting an informed minority. FOREVER.

Allen wren (I always want to write allen west, the war criminal)

Windshipper AKA Dr. Whet faartz. Who knew you were actually an MD? You are the Town Doctor.

HIIPFIRE

The affable and loveable mafia boy-child mr.capps. Being such a sociable extrovert in a community of curmudgeons who only interact because they want to call strangers idiots makes you a Town Mason able to chat out of the thread along with your partner ASIINA.

ASIINA

Puntification, honestly, you’re not very good at mafia, you’ve won once in about ten games, it’s a real crappy track record, but one thing you can do is poo poo up a doc with all sorts of garbage thoughts. You are a Town Mason.

were endgamed by:

King Burgundy

The diabolical monster Hal Incandenza, death miller irl and scummy as anything, however you’re also a really nice guy and this can make people reluctant to lynch you, you can leverage this fact in your role as a Mafia Roleblocker.

EXAKT SCIENCE

Tremendous Taste, you’re a cool guy but drat unless you’re threatened with imminent death you post so little people barely know you’re playing. You are a mafia goon.

Some docs of interest:
Mod doc, contains night actions, unused flavour for larger game and unused death flavour for exakt
Scum doc
Masonry doc - note: I think I'll try to make sure masons are in the same time zone in future.

Thanks everyone, even though it kind of petered out at the end this was a lot more satisfying to run than low-effort mafia so if games are getting better in a couple more tries I should be able to run an active game from beginning to end!

I think the post-count reward system needed a bigger game so it could be developed a bit more as it ended up applying to a dead man, not being activated due to overall inactvity the second and then it was mylo and I wasn't gonna tip the scales at that point in either direction.

I also regret not having the patience to get the last couple of people because of the stuff I cut - I think the three-way masonry with one scum and the serial killer being in play would have been fun additions.

Puntification fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 10, 2014

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Here are the flavour PMs for the cop investigations:

quote:

You take Allen Wren aside and lawyer him up real good. Afterwards he kneels at your feet bloody and sobbing quietly like a child, you slip the brass knuckles back into your jacket pocket. Everything about him is broken but his story, I guess he really is town, you think. "The prosecution moves to acquit." You quip while placing your shades back on (having taken them off earlier to avoid blood splatter).

quote:

You follow MMM and set upon him with a gavel you nicked from court earlier, spending the night pummelling him senseless, quite how this helps you discern his alignment I'm not sure but then I'm not the professional lawyer. MMM is town.

I probably should have done some flavour for Allen getting roleblocked on the last night but I answered the email before I had coffee so didn't write anything interesting, sorry.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I KNEW IT KING B AND EXAKT

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:smith:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well, the game has ended and there's nothing to be done about that. All that remains, is to determine who is guilty of not posting.

The honorable Judge Merk presides. Councilors, you may present your evidence.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
WAS IT ME

I THINK IT WAS ME

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm afraid that in a game where flavour may be indicative of alignment, you might be able to figure out power roles from flavour

like maybe merk is a cop

What the hell, btw.

I haven't been a cop since something like Summer of 2011. I think my posting style unfortunately reduced the effectiveness of my role, it was actually confusing as hell being a cop in two smaller games simultaneously.

Punt posted:

somb has very good instincts unfortunately he doesn't always listen to them

:argh: I was fairly on point this game and then I died. I recognized going into the Asiina slapfight that I was probably going to be wrong but it was important for getting content going, sorry if that was frustrating Asiina! I definitely would have guessed MMM over KB because KB was playing a good game and MMM had stuff going on. Hope it all works out, buddy.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

:argh: I was fairly on point this game and then I died. I recognized going into the Asiina slapfight that I was probably going to be wrong but it was important for getting content going, sorry if that was frustrating Asiina! I definitely would have guessed MMM over KB because KB was playing a good game and MMM had stuff going on. Hope it all works out, buddy.

Yeah this game they killed you cos you were too on point I was specifically thinking of voyager, when you named the entire scumteam and then lynched someone else entirely, when I made that comment though. KB was definitely scum MVP he played very well.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
A similar thing happened in clash as well, I think it was even EXAKT that you were onto in that game too ironically.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

What the hell, btw.
ez setup spec

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

Yeah this game they killed you cos you were too on point I was specifically thinking of voyager, when you named the entire scumteam and then lynched someone else entirely, when I made that comment though.

Wildcard :clint:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Puntification posted:

A similar thing happened in clash as well, I think it was even EXAKT that you were onto in that game too ironically.

Yeah, Somber has thought I'm scum in just about every game we've played together where he was town. I think he's been right most of them, too :v:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

http://youtu.be/MYtjpIwamos

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Welp. That was an embarrassment.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was right about a lot of the things I said I just wasn't around to push them

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, honestly it was kind of a bummer. Both times now that I've gotten a scum perfect victory it was with a whimper do to inactivity. I actually said in the scum doc I wish we hadn't killed Somber because then at least people would still be posting. (Though, we would have lost, haha) As usual as scum I tried to just play my normal town game as best I could.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, Punt, thanks for the game, It was fun. Your flavor was cool too.

I think with a few tweaks that setup can be super cool.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh yeah, Punt I'm a huge fan of your flavor. You're a funny guy.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Thanks guys! I've enjoyed writing the flavour for this game it's been quite a lot of fun having a more elaborate thematic hook to riff off.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was trying really hard to think of a way to roleplay merk at first, but once Pinterest pointed out that merk might be the cop I froze up.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The significance of my flavor was lost upon me. Probably because I'm a filthy, scrubby newbie.

Overall, though, good game! Probably best I died fairly early, though. These last few days have been... special.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

The significance of my flavor was lost upon me. Probably because I'm a filthy, scrubby newbie.

Overall, though, good game! Probably best I died fairly early, though. These last few days have been... special.

Oh hey, sorry if I made the game unfun. I do tend to tunnel really hard to keep the game moving forward. It wasn't until Asiina put everything together that I realized I was being a dick.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

My reads were so poo poo, but like I said, KB put on an oscar-worthy performance. I figured out it was him right after the hammer, but I ended up thinking Asiina was his scumbuddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

Oh hey, sorry if I made the game unfun. I do tend to tunnel really hard to keep the game moving forward. It wasn't until Asiina put everything together that I realized I was being a dick.

No, noooo, it's cool. I think we just have very different play styles.

e: someday we will make a perfect, beautiful scum team together by just posting like we normally do

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 11, 2014

• Locked thread