Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i love my role flavour :3

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(my actual role is vanilla town though, obviously)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MildManeredManikin posted:

No, jakep is described as likeable and witty in this pm

lynch all liars
##vote mmm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

My flavour is someone in this thread and I was subtly mocking them so it could be a funny, funny joke when it was eventually revealed.

But congrats MMM, you've ruined it.

i thought it was obvious you were setting up that joke

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Flavour is indicative alignment so town shouldn't reveal flavour because we don't want to learn people's alignment :wtc:

i'm afraid that in a game where flavour may be indicative of alignment, you might be able to figure out power roles from flavour

like maybe merk is a cop

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i agree that asii's posting has been off, lemme see if i can articulate it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think it's the way she moves her vote around in a way that's half-serious, half-joking.

Asiina posted:

Hmm except the part where the OP tells you not to post your flavour.

MMM, super scum.

Asiina posted:

Wait a minute...

JakeP is clearly evil.

MMM is a scum

##vote MMM

Asiina posted:

Or Dr.Hurt is a doctor.

It's not difficult to see ways that mass flavour claiming could be bad for town, mr. super scum MMM.

Asiina posted:

Scum claim? Man this game is easy.

##vote Hiipfire

i don't actually have a great handle on Asiina's meta, but it doesn't sit right with me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah ##vote asiina

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

The vote on MMM was a joke, although Jake is clearly evil.

The vote on Hiipfire is primarily because scum claiming isn't something you should just let slide by as a joke.

No, see, the thing I don't like about the MMM vote is that you could have spun it as serious or as a vote, retroactively, after seeing how things develop. You're saying it's a joke now, but there was a kernel of a real argument there. Hedging this way is scummy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not sure how much fourth vote/being at -1 means anything here. It's a 9 player game, the math is weird, it's really hard (for me at least) to get into the headspace where a fourth vote is -1.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't mean "we are in a pocket dimension where numbers behave differently", i mean "it's easy to overlook at the fourth vote is -1, because games don't usually start with this few players".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

WHO IS THE THIRD SCUM?

it's asiina

but there's only two scum

Imagine a three scum game:
Day 1 mislynch
Night 1 Kill
Day 2 Lylo (3 scum, 4 town)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was about to jump in with Asiina re: Somber/Wren, but then I realised that the Somber/Wren conversation I think is fishy is in the other 9 player game Somber and Wren and I are in :eng99:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

She's scum though

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if you're being intellectually honest at all, you can't possibly be pretty sure you're voting scum if you're voting hiip.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This isn't scum somber, I don't think.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

The only Somber I have experience with is Relentless Bulldog Somber. What does Scumber look like?

The only time I've been in a game with him as scum that I remember, we were scumbuddies, so every scum tell was kind of amplified/confirmation biased by the fact that I knew he was scum?

But my gut says he's good guy here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i really, really hate that post

##vote epsilon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

kb can i just say

that your use of "going home" to mean killed in mafia games

brings me ridiculous amounts of joy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009