Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
CONFIRMING MY PRESIGN UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ATLEAST I THINK I PRESIGNED UP

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
cool

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Somberbrero posted:

Hey I'm in and Manny is scum.

You're scum.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
send my role pm to hiipfire@live.nl

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I don't have my role PM, but I'll just start posting now.

MildManeredManikin posted:

So there's literally no reason for a town player not to post their flavour, just so we're clear. You guys don't have to beat around the bush here.

Jesus not this poo poo again.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
OKAY GUYS I GOT MY ROLE PM

it says "You're scum."

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote MMM
cause Rolling Start and all of that

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Somberbrero posted:

##vote HiipFire

I don't think you need to explain away your vote as a rolling start, feels like forced justification for an obviously dumb vote.

d1 bandwagons are the best lmao

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Somberbrero posted:

I just noticed that Manny has three votes on him, the third being Hiipfire. It's really weird that someone took that many votes that early, even with a ~rolling start~. Also, Hiipfire was the third-vote there.

yeah we got it the first time you want to lynch me thanks

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
dude I haven't responded within 15 minutes = ignoring the conversation

ok

Seriously though, it's just a normal D1 bandwagon vote, I'm not sure where this "awkward bandwagon" thing comes from, there were 3 votes before me that were you could call questionable.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
what the gently caress is even happening

why must you do this somber

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Somberbrero posted:

Hiipfire's response to being called scum was to blow up a little and then complete silence

it's called the time being 10 PM and needing to wake up 7 AM the next day for school, which I'm currently on my way back, I'll try and read through the like 6 pages of posts that I missed and make a response sometime later today

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm not gonna lie, but I'm not really sure what you guys are expecting me to say to defend myself.

I didn't expect a bandwagon vote to get 2 pages full of posts, that go from meta-arguments and people repeating "the vote was just awkward" and then lead into people voting for the people defending me.

It was just a bandwagon vote and I don't know what you want me to say to defend myself outside of that.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ANYWAY ONTO SCUMHUNTING,

I'm still reading through all the pages, I mostly skimmed them before to see what people were saying about me, but now I'm actually reading them fully and stuff.

I'm probably gonna just make posts as I find stuff that I feel are scummy.

EXAKT Science posted:

Why are you so worried about getting killed? If you're town, your flip would help us, as flips = information, which is how town wins. Getting so pre-emptively defensive about how you don't want to get killed, even though there's very little pressure on you right now, comes off as scummy.
Yeah, this makes absolutely no sense. This looks more like you're just trying to look like you're scumhunting but this is possibly the worst scum argument I've seen in my limited 5 mafia game life.
Any chance you can explain the vote switch now atleast?

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah I'm really not feeling Hipp's vote right now. He's overeager to explain himself and that's weird this early.

##vote Hiipfire

EXAKT Science posted:

EP you're tunnelling really hard on MMM right now. Not only that, but you're admitting that you don't care about the other content that's happened since you stuck your vote there. And, now that people are calling you on it, you're derailing. I really don't like it.

##vote Epsilon Plus
So you're just gonna switch vote for someone else without explaining why you're no longer voting for me? ok

(oh btw if you're wondering why I started with a post from page 7 it's because I'm reading everyone's post history as opposed to reading through a crap ton of pages cause I'm bad with names)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well I'm trying to catch up with you guys so I'm just posting whatever I see and EXAKT doesn't really have any big posts that I can analyze to death, so I just settled with those 3 posts from him.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, this made me do a double take since I had just looked at your votefinder recently to answer MMM and saw a lot more. I count 12 completed games. For comparison, I only have 10.
those 12 games include 1 joke game, 2 that don't actually require any scum hunting and 4 games that died D1.

so it's more like 7 i guess.

Somberbrero posted:

Hey, fair enough but it looks like you're faking content. I get that could be part of trying to catch up, but I gotta call it how I see it.

Do you have any thoughts on Epsilon?

got side tracked by the other mafia game im in, i guess ill go read epsilon's posts now

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Alright I'm gonna have to do some homework stuff, so I'll be back in about an hour.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Somberbrero posted:

Do you have any thoughts on Epsilon?
I really didn't like his "I'm not gonna discuss anything until MMM is lynched", since his only real explanation for his post was that asking for flavourclaims is scummy.

Then you put him under pressure and he votes for you, piggybacking Asiina's argument and all he mentions about MMM is that he's being "less scummy" and that he can't explain it. Also he keeps making these posts about how he could put more effort into his cases but that he won't because he thinks you'll just ignore them.

I'm thinking he's either scum or a lazy town.
Leaning towards scum though.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
oh neat people have already said all these things, I guess that's what happens when you miss 200+ posts

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote Epsilon Plus

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Jesus christ why is the deadline at 5:30 AM GMT+1 thats the stupidest poo poo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
she's :justpost:'ing here guts out

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
You do realize that there are rewards for posting alot and it isnt just flavour?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote Exakt

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
idk I assumed somber voted you because he knew you were scum

its 2 am though so im not explaning my vote in more detAil until tomorrowz

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Allen Wren posted:

Hiip doesn't post nearly enough for me to figure out what his deal is. I've posted nearly twice as much as him at this point, which is goddamn sad. GET ON MY LEVEL. AT LEAST. MY LEVEL ISN'T REALLY THAT HIGH.

sorry about this, some really stupid school projects had their deadlines changed to this month instead of january so it kinda minimizes my time to mafia

ill try to get some posts in sometime later today tho

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
wow fine ill just not post how bout that poo poo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
i mean yeah

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
lurking in a game where you get punished for lurking is clearly the godstrat for scum, good logic d00d

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
EXAKT was scum, I told you guys at the start of this day BUT YALL DIDNT LISTEN

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I KNEW IT KING B AND EXAKT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013