Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

finals is a great time to get overextended in mafia games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that I am vanilla town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

HiipFire posted:

confirming I'm a Godfather Ninja who's also a Serial Killer

this was my saturday morning cartoon role

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

heh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hmm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Does the answer to "Is Pmom's noncontent scummy?" matter? Uh, yeah.

It's an immensely leading question, though, I don't really know what you expect to get as a response.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

It looks like Allen was fishing for role info.

What, here?

Allen Wren posted:

Looking at your role what makes no sense?

He was responding to a day vig who had already killed someone, that's not fishing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

That's what I thought at first, but it's sort of a strange question to ask exactly because of that.

I'm struggling to think of a way it helps scum to ask capps to elaborate about the thing he thinks is weird about his role, after he's used his vig.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a two-shot vig in a nine player game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh deadline is soon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm going to ##vote epsilon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"ouch"?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't like hiip as scum, because he's in two games rn and showing identical levels of not giving a gently caress, and the odds that he rolled scum in both are, what, ~5%?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Isn't that directly the gambler's fallacy? The odds of his alignment in one game have nothing to do with the odds of his alignment in the other.

right

2/9 chance in one game
2/9 chance in the other

they're independent, so
(2/9)^2 = 4.93% chance that he rolled scum in both games

i'm not seeing him behave differently in the two games, so I think it's plausible that he has the same alignment in both?

idk this might be dumb, he's also just not behaving much at all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess ##vote hiipfire

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi i'm here

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

my strongest read so far is that epsilon's reaction to my voting for him yesterday was weird. i don't know if it's scummy weird, but responding "ouch" to a vote pings me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

capps, why do you keep voting jedit? Your first vote on him was weird and not justified, and your second vote on him is you saying you have an investigation result, but then backtracking.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Whatever he was trying to do seems like out of the ordinary scum behavior. Why go about that unless you have a point?

idk what this post means

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Like he softclaimed some power role and then immediately retracted whatever he was going to say when Jedit pointed out his questions were silly.

Why do that as scum?

Are we talking about the same thing? I don't see where Epsilon did that

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It doesn't look like somber breadcrumbed any result on D2, which is frustrating. I guess we know he didn't investigate Epsilon, but that's it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

My bad. gently caress.

It's Jedit or Allen IMO.

With capps [practically] confirmed town [barring a hilarious one-man vig scum team], this means, what, you feel i'm town? I think that's an odd opinion to have given my output in the game so far.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Did you read Somber's posts day 2 at all? He seems genuinely uncertain whether or not Epsilon is scum. I read that as confirmation that he didn't investigate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This certainly was a game of mafia.

• Locked thread