Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

AsInHowe posted:

Gordie Howe is in ICU after another major stroke yesterday.

Seriously, just let him go at this point. His quality of life is going to be beyond horrible after 2 major strokes, back problems and dementia. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

Blues gonna get McDavid

Buffalo has STL's first rounder :)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Spamtron7000 posted:

Myers, Zadorov and Risto is a pretty drat good core if you ask me.

and Pysyk and McCabe (and a boatload of money to spend in UFA if need be)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
It's me, I'm the one Sabres fan who's sick of Zemgus Girgensons All-Star Vote talk already.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

whatis posted:

I don't think anyone is surprised by this

He's very good...he has no business leading the league in voting...and I hate the fact that a very good player is going to become a novelty because of this stupid ballot poo poo.

I don't want him to forever be "OH THAT ALL STAR VOTE GUY" like some better version of Rory Ftizpatrick.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

achillesforever6 posted:

Also Hornqvist wasn't at practice today :suicide:

So what winger can the Pens probably trade for?

take this useless sack of poo poo Chris Stewart plz

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

xzzy posted:

Yes, drafting is the Oilers' biggest problem.

this, but unironically

They've produced a TOTAL of 16 goals from their non-first round picks since 2008. That's lovely depth, and non-assets they could have used in trades to improve the roster. It's a huge problem.

As a comparison, the Blackhawks have gotten 140 goals from those picks.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020390-721-h

Erik "Norris Trophy" Karlsson

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Starsfan posted:

The forwards being clueless in their own end, not supporting their team mates in transition, and a terrible league worst power play at generating shots are all major problems.

Sure sounds like a team coached by Lindy Ruff...without exceptional goaltending to bail it out.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
yeah i'm pumped they're going to miss out on a generational superstar, draft 5th and be saddled with a poo poo coach for 5 more years

:suicide:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Chuch posted:

It must be maddening to be a Sabres fan. The team's underlying possession numbers are historically awful but they keep bumbling their way to one goal victories and are heading right out of the McEichel race. As a Canes fan, I know the feeling quite well. I really hope my team can fully commit to tanking because I'm loving sick of .500 seasons that result in playoff misses but only drafting in the 7-8th slot.

Yeah, the saving grace is that it's not sustainable based on the numbers.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
that video is fantastic, PK is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
@BradGFeldman Per source Adam Oates name being discussed as possible Devils HC.

:getin:

• Locked thread