Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

I get the feeling the God Emperor's bark is worse than his bite. You've got people mentioning that his capital is barren when compared with the other major cities, and the position just strikes me as being more of a figurehead rather than the de facto power of the land - a bit like the position of the Pope after the Catholic Church started losing power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!

Bonus bosses need to be shown what's what.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Well that seems to settle that. I was always planning on doing the next two bonus bosses since I now have high enough stats to do them. And one I'll probably save until after the final boss anyway because it's a palette swap of the final boss and it feels wrong to show off that one before the actual final boss. Plus, I don't think I can actually beat it.

There are also a few more of those bonus conversations with optional party members left. The ones which grant parameter bonuses. I've finished up a lot, but there are still more. They're all transcribed on the wiki so they're easy to get. However, you probably won't remember some of the people. (This game has a lot of party members.)

POLL: Bonus Conversations

A) Show all the bonus conversations, including benched people.
B) Show only conversations from members of the final party.
C) Show none of them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
A it's rather simple to get them and some of them are interesting even if we'll never use them.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A since they all seem to have a little something to say about the world.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

SIGSEGV posted:

A since they all seem to have a little something to say about the world.

Yeah, A.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

wdarkk posted:

Yeah, A.

:nod:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

I know it's been a while since I've come back.

A new sidequest has opened up. All the Athlumian generals have had one, now it’s David’s time. This is the final dungeon-exploring sidequest (that is an official sidequest).

I’m on my way.
Thank you, sir.

What is it, Dave?

Yeah, why not?
Thank you, Rush. Ferocious monsters spawn in Fornstrand this time of year. We must be careful.

Accepted quest: The Distant Promise

Music: Breakers on the Shore

Let’s go.

David wants me to go with him to Fornstrand. He says he’s meeting someone, but I’ve never heard him mention a friend living there before.

David’s quest, so he’s back leading the mystics union one final time.

This is a unique monster which only spawns during this quest.

I’m not going to fight it.

Five years ago, this was my place to hide from the world. I was angry for being born a Nassau. A marquis is responsible for everything. The title was nothing but a burden. Childish, I know.

She was my age and lived on the outskirts of town. Apparently, this was her hideout, too. We became friends and spent a lot of time together here. I was always surrounded by adults and it was refreshing to be able to speak to someone my age. Even after she found out who I was, she never treated me differently.

Another unique monster that only spawns during this quest. I’m not fighting it either.

…That’s what she said to me one day. I think I nodded in reply with a wry smile. As long as Athlum was ruled by Celapaleis, there was always a chance we would go to war. A small country like Athlum would never gain independence. Ever.

But I was glad that she had faith in me. I felt reassured. That day, we made our usual promise to meet up again and went our separate ways. But then she stopped coming. I haven’t seen her in a long, long time.

Let’s go. It’s up ahead.

I walked a little way past the passage to the right before remembering that the right passage was the correct way.

Naturally, there’s a boss. When is there not a boss?

Mission: Defeat the enemy!

Music: Beat the Odds

- Video: Dharma, Alta, Karma

If you didn’t fight Alta and Karma, like I didn’t, then they show up here. They’re tougher than expected, but this is not a difficult battle.

15k damage takes off just about 25% of its HP, so roughly 60k HP on Alta.

The Enthrall effect probably can’t affect anything which is strong enough to not die instantly from Bewitch.

Probably 70-80k for the big beetle.

I’m having David’s Division stand by a bit to build up AP for Blackout.

If it hadn’t dodged Emmy’s shot last turn, it might have died then.

I’m not sure what Butterfly’s Dream would have done.

Music: Turn the Tide

Yeah! This is our big chance!
Victory for Athlum!

David finally has the chance to use Blackout… but I am dumb and tried to also trigger Dual Snowpetal, thinking that it wouldn’t kill Dharma with that much HP left.

And I was completely right about that!

But I failed to consider that a full critical chain would let Violet do 51,422 damage all by herself. Holy crap. :stare: (A total of 89662 damage that turn.) Sorry Dave, I’ll try to make it up to you later.

learned Mighty Crossbreak III!

I quickly gathered our troops, but I was too late. The monsters had gotten into town. If only I hadn’t needed permission to use the Gae Bolg, I might have been able to prevent the invasion.

But I had to prioritize the treaty with Celapaleis over the townspeople’s lives. As a result, there were several casualties. She was one of them.

I know it’s been a while since I’ve come back. I’m sorry for the wait. I couldn’t bring myself to come, even though I knew you were here. I promised myself I would come back when I was worthy – when Athlum became the country you hoped it would be.

It’s all because of your words that I was able to come this far.

I’ve been meaning to tell you something – something I promised myself I would tell you the next time we met.

No problem.
This isn’t much, but please take this.

Obtained Pyramid! You’ve unlocked a more powerful version of an existing formation!

With the help of everyone, I want to turn her into a city that will be looked up to and admired.

Completed quest: The Distant Promise

David fulfilled his promise to his friend. I’m glad he finally got a chance to finish up something he’s been meaning to do for a long time.

That’s it for now, but next time we put it all on the line and fight in the last major battle of the game, which also happens to be the biggest battle.

And not to crap all over that sweet moment, but did David say that he and the girl used to meet at Fornstrand which is full of very dangerous monsters… and he was surprised that she ended up getting killed by monsters? I know she was in Athlum when she died, I’m just saying that this secret hiding spot doesn’t seem to be all that safe either.

New Arts Summary

learned Mighty Crossbreak III!

Video: Dharma, Alta, Karma

Next Time: The fate of the world rests on the outcome of this battle!

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 13, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

And not to crap all over that sweet moment, but did David say that he and the girl used to meet at Fornstrand which is full of very dangerous monsters… and he was surprised that she ended up getting killed by monsters? I know she was in Athlum when she died, I’m just saying that this secret hiding spot doesn’t seem to be all that safe either.[/i]

Man NPCs always manage to get into high level monster areas and somehow not be liquidated despite being alone and even if the random encounters could ruin your party at the time. Puzzles also don't seem to stop them.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

He said that monsters spawn in Fornstrand this time of year, so maybe there are other times that it's safe.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

He said that monsters spawn in Fornstrand this time of year, so maybe there are other times that it's safe.

Man we always seem to adventure at just the wrong time, huh?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The ideal of a game having monster seasons and some mechanic that worked like the Weather Channel for monster spawns would be neat. "Oh, I have a quest in the Plains of Blood, but if I wait until next week it should be populated with butterflies and fluffy-tuffs instead of Hell-reapers and Bonescreamers."

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh hey, there's a thing. Even if the God Emperor is kind of a paper tiger, he could still persuade somebody else to go try and put Athlum in thrall.

I suspect Dave's willing to take that risk, though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

The fate of the world rests on the outcome of this battle!

The Conqueror’s forces are blocking the way into Elysion. I think it’s less to besiege the city as it is to keep anyone from getting IN to Elysion. Because really, what could stop the Conqueror from just walking in like he did last time?

The Holy Plain – The Holy War occurred in this land. Many battles that take place here rage into all-out war because of its geography.

Wyngale is being swapped back into the party. I may or may not do some minor tweaking of the configuration for the final few battles, maybe just for variety. We’ll see.

Let’s do this.

- Video: Battle of the Holy Plains

Men: The fate of the world rests on the outcome of this battle!

All troops: CHAAARGE!

Mission: Defeat the main force of the elite troops!

Music: Struggle Eternal

This is the final battlefield, and it sure is pretty. Most of our first turn will be spent marching on the enemy.

These opponents are not to be underestimated.

Nah, I think it’s pretty safe to underestimate these guys. We’ve taken down the forces of the Six Bases and their generals. We’ve taken down the last of the Third Committee. We’ve taken down The Fallen. These guys are chumps compared to that.

Dodge-counters certainly help.

How d’ya like that?

And we’re probably at least 10-15 BR below what the game expects.

That’s the last of the first wave 1 of very many.

Yeah! This is our big chance!

Just mostly marching on Turn 4.

I said “mostly”.

With half the second wave already dead, more reinforcements arrive.

That was an impressive parry.

Ha ha ha ha! Heads up beside you!

Set ‘em up, I’ll knock ‘em down!
Guess I’ll take a break too!

The damage has built up enough that I should have some people heal.

If you want things done right…

Jager gets whittled down.

Be careful!

Irina had already decided to go heal Rush before Jager went down though. Rush’s union gets healed back to full.

But then got blasted pretty badly anyway.

Rush will heal himself, and Irina will revive Jager.

All the healing did was let Rush survive slightly longer.

Rush has taken a surprising amount of damage without dying. I guess that’s something. I’ll have him use Talisman’s Gift. I’m going to skip on Dual Snowpetal, there’s only one union.

We shan’t lose to the likes of you!

I jinxed it.

I’ll rend you limb from limb!

Irina will bring Rush back, everyone else will stand by. Let them come to us for once.

You’ll be all right now!
Sorry!

Interesting a mid-turn reinforcement. I guess it’s supposed to catch you off guard if you advance? That’s not a second dragon, it’s the same one as from before.

Anyway this fight isn’t especially challenging or interesting, so let’s speed it up a bit.

You better recognize!

I’ll flay you like some pitiful yama!

Is that the first time a single attack has broken 100,000 damage?

I can’t help but notice that the ranks of the Conqueror’s forces have been somewhat depleted.

Cyclops!

The more the merrier. Everyone else is standing by to let them close the gap.

We’ve gone all the way around the alphabet. 29 unions so far. Wyngale can Animalcule, so he will. I’ll throw in a Dual Snowpetal in case that doesn’t finish the job.

The Dragon at the back is still standing strong.

This battle has thirty-five unions in it. It shouldn’t be a problem to you though, by now you should know to prepare and make sure your items are topped up. Everyone will close in on the enemy.

Wyngale could Animalcule yet again, but this time he’ll just watch and I’ll use Dual Snowpetal.

Dual Snowpetal is really easy to trigger, and it can hit the whole battlefield. Totally sweet! The Dragon is finally in critical HP now too.

I’ll tear you apart!

Oh, gently caress you. There goes Pagus. No XP for him in this battle.

And that does it. I am BR 62, but I think I was before.

learned:
  • Nimble Third Eye IV!
  • Decoy!
learned Nimble Earthrender IV!
learned Mighty Dragon’s Flight III!

Decoy makes a friendly union the target of all enemy attacks. That tends to be useless against weak unions and suicidal against strong ones, but it also doesn’t work very well anyway.

- Video: Unbindable

What’s wrong?
I can’t bind it.

The Conqueror’s doing, huh?
I think so.
So we’ve come here for nothing?!

There must be another way to the Sacred Lands!

We will find a way, Lord David. There are many undiscovered Remnants in existence. We simply need to find one which can take us there!
Will it really be that simple?
After all, the key word in that sentence was “undiscovered”, Pagus!
We’re running out of time!
We can’t just roll over and give up, Dave!

Let’s move!

That’s it for today. Next time we do the final two sidequests in the game.

New Arts Summary
learned:
  • Nimble Third Eye IV!
  • Decoy!
learned Nimble Earthrender IV!
learned Mighty Dragon’s Flight III!

Battle of the Holy Plains
Unbindable

Next Time: In that moment you left behind something that will last for eternity.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 13, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ah so at long last the game gives you a "nuke field" button.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well that's a bit anti-climatic!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

SSNeoman posted:

Ah so at long last the game gives you a "nuke field" button.

I've had access to Arcanas for ages, I just haven't used them much because the trigger conditions take a little bit, and also ending battles faster means fewer art uses and thus slower art progression.

Kibayasu posted:

Well that's a bit anti-climatic!

Well these guys are just grunts. Nothing terribly difficult about them even in such large numbers.

If you mean that was an anticlimax for the story, rest assured that more interesting things will happen eventually.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You know, I half-expect that when the alphabet laps itself like that it'll start in on some 8-bit era poo poo and start counting enemy unions in like crowns and pawns and stuff.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

In that moment you left behind something that will last for eternity.

Previously:

Chapter VIII: Quit struggling and sit there like a good victim!

Anything interesting going on?
Pleasant Young Man: So, apparently there’s some mysterious lady looking for someone to help her with something. She seemed to have something important to ask. … That’s the story, anyway.
Bartender: I also have something to ask…
Pleasant Young Man: What?

Bartender: Welcome back, cutie!
Pleasant Young Man: Some girl’s been coming around here lately, all mysterious-like. She’s quite a stunner, too… Can’t compare to me, though!

It’s the Sidequests tutorial! This is mandatory, of course. Whenever someone has a red outline around their dialogue bubble, they’re important.

I have a dilemma. I need to deliver a letter to someone. Unfortunately, that person has gone away to a monster-infested region, leaving me behind… I would like someone to deliver this letter to him. Will you please help me?

Here we get an accept/decline choice. If you decline a sidequest, you’ll just have to ask again later, it doesn’t lock you out. The “decline” dialogue here isn’t interesting.

Sure, I’ll do it.
Thank you! I owe you so much! Here is the letter to deliver. The person I want you to give this to should be at the entrance of the Robelia Ruins. If you leave the Robelia Ruins, speak to me again. If you do not do so, the situation will change and you will lose sight of your original goal.

Obtained Letter from Home!
Accepted quest: A Day’s Beginning

Were you able to deliver the letter?
Yeah, no problem!
Thank you so much. Here is a little something for your trouble.
Reward: 100 G.
There are so many people in need of a helping hand out there. If you come across these people, please hear them out. Helping those in need will help you, too. You will gain so much from it.
The power to strengthen your will.
Friends who will risk their lives for you.
History.
Truth.
Hope, fear, hate.
You will experience many things, both good and bad, and they will help you grow as a person. I know you will take them to heart… and thus, I know you will be able to control your fate. We shall meet here again… someday.

… What the hell was all that about?

Rush Sykes, you’ve openly defied the God Emperor by crushing the Conqueror’s army, not only making you an enemy of him, but potentially every single lord on the continent. What are you gonna do now?!
I’m going to Undelwalt!

Music: Echoes of the Past (Undelwalt Theme)

Yep, we’re going right back to Undelwalt to face the consequences for farting in the face of the God Emperor. But mostly because there’s the final normal sidequest of the game here.

And that last quest belongs to Glenys.

The treasures from different lands bestowed upon the holy city have been stolen and are being sold on the black market. This is the talk of the town, my lady.
The black market? If they had come to me, I could have made them a much better offer.
Indeed.

It’s a fairly common rumor that treasures from many of the old kingdoms have begun circulating through the black market here.

Let’s go treasure hunting!
Thank you. We’d be looking for something called the Spear of Origin. My homeland’s good name, its history, its honor… I will not allow them to be swept away by this sea of corruption. I am certain someone with ties to this black market is here in the imperial city. It’s just a matter of finding the right man.

Accepted quest: History’s Boundary

Glenys wants us to find the Spear of Origin. Some shady guy in Undelwalt is selling old treasures, so I should try talking to him.

No fighting involved, we just walk around Undelwalt and talk to people. Simple.

Our first shady fellow is found in the guild.

Sure!
Check it out – the treasure of the old floating city, the Tome of the Dragon God. The techniques in this baby’ll have you ripping through enemy formations like dragons through knights, dig?
I dig!
Yeahhh, I thought that’d get your ears perkin’ up. Dragons always grab the honeys, right?

I’m all about that!
Good doing business with ya!

Obtained Snakebite! You’ve learned a new formation!

Got the scroll Snakebite from a real shady vendor in the guild.

This isn’t what we want, but we need to establish our credibility as a buyer of black market stuff. We need to meet him again in Gefri, the market.

Sweet!
The treasure of the ancient mountain country: the Epigraph of the Hundred Sages. Just skimming through is like studying with the most powerful sorcerers of the empire.

It’s totally mine!
Good doing business with ya!

Obtained Shards Formula! Rush can now use Shards!

Got a shard formula from a real shady vendor in Gefyri.

I love “quit looking at my jib”. :allears: This is where you can first learn Shards. I remind you that this quest is only available after finishing the Holy Plains battle, and there’s basically nothing left but the final dungeon and boss(es?). Shards is not going to see much use on a first time playthrough. Or a second-time playthrough, actually, since it takes forever to unlock the insanely expensive components for sale. Now we’re going to the tavern.

I guess not.
The Phantom City was respected by even the Imperator. This is their greatest treasure: the blade Finsternis. The name means “darkness.”

Kinda pricey, but… okay.
Good choice.

A pretty good sword. On my first playthrough, this replaced Rush’s (by then very-badly-outdated) Olibaum +2.

Come back to give another “contribution” to Undelwalt’s upkeep, eh?

Got a Finsternis from a real shady vendor in the pub.

He says that, but he doesn’t leave the pub. There’s one more place we have to go. The very last place that you’d think Rush would want to go.

Right up to the God Emperor’s face.

Geez… okay.
Excellent. I remind you, once this transaction is complete, we shall be strangers. I trust you will keep this all in the highest confidence.
Yeah.
Then this is farewell. We shall not meet again.

And what has the God Emperor to say to Rush?

This goes for everyone. You have been warned.

So yeah, no consequences at all.

My long journey has finally come to an end… I finally feel right in saying that.

Obtained Spear of Origin!
Spear of Origin – A treasure of the Ancient Kingdom of Glenys. It has the power to vanquish phantoms.
Obtained Arch! You have learned a new formation!

Awesome!

Completed quest: History’s Boundary

The Spear of Origin was returned to Glenys's hometown. Even though the town doesn't exist anymore, its honor lives on.

The description of it, unsurprisingly, confirms that it is from the ancient kingdom of Glenys. Her precise nature remains a mystery.

That’s not true. There is always love and compassion.

The bartenders think that there are no more quests. But they are mistaken. Because we have now completed ALL sidequests available in the game, there’s now just one more. We have to go back to where it all began.

I like stories!

Thank you. You have met many people on your journey who have helped you grow. In return, you have given them something very valuable. Something they will treasure for always. It is hard to describe in words what exactly have bestowed upon others...
Uhhh…

Allow me to try to explain myself...
The skies may gray,
the oceans may disappear,
and the earth may rot.
But not even the freest of birds,
The most hopeful of fish,
the wisest of men...

Something only you could have given them... And that is what will mold your destiny.
I must go now.
To my time, to my place.

Obtained Dream’s Edge!
Completed quest: Things Unchangeable

The mysterious lady disappeared. I wonder what she meant when she said that I had made a difference.

For completing all other sidequests, we get rewarded 1,000,000 G. It’s pretty sweet, although by this point there’s not a left to buy except consumables and maybe some more party members. That’s pretty much all for today, but there’s one more little piece of business to take care of before I forget.

At some point, it’s a good idea to go to the Southwest Road and enter and leave until there are ONLY Feral Fangs and Anthrovores there. Those are the trigger conditions for a certain rare monster to spawn.

learned Nimble Dragon Crush!

Its located near the very end of the Southwest Road on a narrow ledge between two canyons. There’s nothing special about the rare except that it is a Guild Task. It is one of only four guild tasks that I didn’t or was unable to complete as part of my BR 103 previous game which carried over into this one. The reason why I was unable to complete it will become clear in the future.

New Arts Summary
learned Nimble Dragon Crush III!

Next Time: Go get ‘em, tiger!

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 13, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nope, we're never going to get an explanation as to what was up with sidequest lady.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

She's basically Sam Beckett but had to set everything (not plot critical at least) right before she could make the leap home. Unfortunately, she was not a protagonist in this time period, so she had to rely on us.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, sidequest lady's happy we made a difference. That's adorable.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Sorry I haven't had any updates for a while. I don't really have many good excuses. It's not so much the next update which is putting me off as the one after it. I'll try to get back on track.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Go get ‘em, tiger!

With no real leads, it’s back to Athlum Castle.

The Conqueror is in the Sacred Lands. He cannot be allowed to roam free any longer. He must be stopped!
Alternate routes to the Sacred Lands… Well, that place is so linked to Remnants, stands to reason there’s at least one other way to get up there…
A Remnant to go to the Sacred Lands? The people of the Academy may know something.
A Remnant to travel to the Sacred Lands… Fath- er, I mean, Oswald might know something.

Oh, and apparently Oswald Hermeien, the former Lord of Nagapur is actually Marina Sykes’s father, which I guess made her and Wilfred Hermeien related.

No word on why Marina grew up an orphan on the streets or when she learned this revelation. Kinda makes Oswald seem a bit like a dick.

Let’s follow Irina’s idea and check in at the Academy.

Anyone know of another Remnant that could take you to the Sacred Lands?

The late Chairman Hermeien is the only soul I can think of that would have had knowledge of what you are looking for.
The Ark was discovered by the Imperator. Perhaps there are similar Remnants in the lands he has visited?
I’ve heard stories of another Ark-like Remnant existing outside of Elysion.

And that’s all we’re getting from the Academy. Sounds like a good excuse for us to wander around

Shoot.
So a really, really long time ago, there was this thing called magick. It was nothing like the spells we use where you need an object.
Woah!
With magick, you can even rip through dimensions and stuff, or summon monsters! Scientists and people still talk about it today! So a witch is a female who can like, totally use magick! I'm supposed to be, like, a descendant or something of a clan that has these powers.
Cool!
You don't know anything, do you? I'm so exhausted! I'll tell you the rest later.

Time to take on one of the bonus bosses. I’ll be doing both of the ones we’ve encountered so far.

- Boss Video: Jhana Royals

Music: Clash of Opposites

Extra Mission: Defeat the Jhana Royals!

I showed off these guys very briefly back in Chapter 52-A: What a complete waste of my time!. Very briefly because I died very quickly.

In this battle, we’re facing off against a mix of Jhana shamans, fighters and magus. Ignore the fighters, the casters are the far greater threat. Focus them down quickly. Also note the squares meaning that more reinforcements are waiting in the wings to replace any fallen unions.

The critical difference between fighting the Jhana now instead of then is that then, none of my unions broke 3000 HP. I can tank much more damage now, and my higher BR possibly means I take less damage than I would have then. I don’t know. Snare Shot has a good chance of causing Blacked Out status, which means units can’t act. It’s also a big AoE, and Emmy’s union was hit pretty hard.

Also my arts and stats are greatly improved. That’s 19725 + 21675 damage on the units of the union for 41400 total.

Go get ‘em, tiger!

A fighter group takes out Emmy’s wounded union.

They just keep coming!

Yeah, let’s kick some tail!

We’re in pretty decent shape. The strategy for this turn is about the same as it for the first turn: Focus on the Shamans and Magi. Irina is deadlocked to a fighter’s group A, making her the ideal candidate to go revive Emmy. Jager will break off from C to try and intercept group A.

Hey, take care of yourself this time, okay?
You won’t have to do that again!

This union is almost dead, although Torgal can’t finish it off.

Well fought!

But Kate helps us out there.

We’re hanging in, but they’re wearing us down. And there’s still another set of reinforcements waiting. Emmy will summon. Summons are always great in long fights. Rush will lower the morale of the union he’s fighting to try and stem the bleeding. Wyngale’s union will try to heal while staying in the fight, which may or may not work at all. In case it doesn’t, Irina’s union is on backup to try and heal or revive them. Jager’s union will break off to hit union E.

poo poo.

You know how Kate was brought back from the dead? She seems to be immune to poison.

Wyngale’s union is hanging in there, but isn’t doing great. I disabled all the other healing magic to try and get Wyngale to learn Revitalize II so he could learn the Remedies arcana. That has some unfortunate consequences at times like this.

Excellent, another caster’s group is gone.

Jager survives a little bit longer.

Nice!

May our strengths become one!

Khrynia heals and Irina cures the poison. Good.

Rush will break and heal, Wyngale will fight and heal, Emmy will fight. Jager will go all-out and Irina will go pick up Jager’s teeth.

Welp, thanks for playing! You’re dead now!

I never noticed how obnoxious Snare Shot is until this fight. A screen-hitting AoE which makes your units do nothing?

Another group of Jhana goes down, and there aren’t any more reinforcements waiting to join in.

Another union of Jhana destroyed.

Just one left, and…

Done. But that was just the first part of the fight. It gets a lot harder now.

This is the Ala Melvilana Fusion, a palette swap of the Ala Melvilana Synthesis which we fought at Koenigsdorf. It’s nastier too.

Rush will set up a Decoy on Namul Niram which will do absolutely nothing whatsoever. Emmy will stand by, Wyngale will to mystic arts, Irina will attack and Jager will heal.

There’s no one I can’t defeat! No one!

Even though Hermeien is still quite dead, the Fusion retains all his quotes. Also a note that in this version, the Cyclone charge will go off at the end of the current turn instead of two or three turns for the story boss version.

Over 4000 damage. That’s not something I can easily suck up.

Here is the Decoy art, for the first and probably last time.

Khrynia is taken out by the pretty-much-now-standard-boss-behavior instakill chance.

The fusion’s BR ranges between 92 and 94, and it has no less than 673,900 HP. This will take a while to whittle through, even with powerful attacks like this one.

Here we go with the first of many same-turn charge-and-Hurricanes. However, he only uses this move every other turn, I think.

How dare you?!

Rush will Omnistrike, Emmy will rear assault, Wyngale will do a heavy magic attack, and Irina and Jager will focus on healing themselves.

That’s going to hurt us a lot.

You won’t take us without a fight!

Now we’re in trouble. This is also why Decoy is worthless – if you fight the enemy, he can retaliate right back.

No waaaay!

This is some pretty deep poo poo now. Thankfully because of Namul Niram I can break off and the Fusion can’t follow.

Omnistrike is just too dangerous to use right now. It has to be second chance.

Pull it together!
Didn’t need the help. But thanks anyway.

Paris’s Revitalize gets Emmy back to full too.

Now we’re back up to 4 healthy unions.

Like, awesome defense!

We’re all in half-decent shape, which is okay, I guess.

Take every low blow you can get in a fight this hard.

Desperate Wail is a pretty good indicator that the enemy’s HP is getting low.

That proves to be the case. Plus, with Jager’s Bluff and Kate’s Dispirit, it completely cancelled out the wail.

It looks like we’re in the driver’s seat, but this is a Hurricane turn.

Oho!

Inconcievable!

That was a completely devastating strike. If the Hurricane coming up is nasty, I could flat out lose. Oh, and guess what?

But why…

He can do it multiple times a turn!

I’m actually glad this didn’t finish the fusion off. Because the fusion is not the last foe in this battle.

The morale boosts from Rear Assault and Addle helped a lot.

If I’d taken just a little more damage it would have been game over. The next turn will be resurrecting people.

Good thing Namul Niram wasn’t standing lined up with my other unions.

I learned that Protection does nothing versus Hurricane. Everyone will be trying to heal or revive.

Well fought…
If you want things done right…

Good, because another Hurricane would probably have spelled trouble.

Now finally we come to the Jhana Royals themselves.

I’m quite tired of this fight, which has been going on for 30 minutes. I certainly don’t want to die now. So Wyngale and Fatal Eclipse are up.

All right now?

Great timing on that, because everyone on my side is now alive.

And everyone on their side is now dead.

Does it hurt? DOES IT?!
Nicely done!

Whew. What a pain. And most of the other bonus bosses are nastier.

ALL the numbers…

learned Quadrille III!
learned Vivification Herb IV!
learned Earthrender IV!
learned Kiss of Life III!
learned Moonlight II!
learned Addle!
learned:
  • Mighty Crossbreak III!
  • Cyclone Cream!

Cyclone Cream is the only offensive Lotion art, and the highest lotion art in the game.

Lots of stuff dropped too.

That’s all for now. Next time will be the big conversation roundup.

New Arts Summary
learned Quadrille III!
learned Vivification Herb IV!
learned Earthrender IV!
learned Kiss of Life III!
learned Moonlight II!
learned Addle!
learned:
  • Mighty Crossbreak III!
  • Cyclone Cream!

Extra Mission: Jhana Royals

Next Time: Forgive me. I-I must be boring you.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 15, 2016

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Holy crap that's a lot of ancient weaponry. Is that the only fight that drops it?

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Yowza. These bonus boss updates are kinda making me glad I never tried fighting them, nasty doesn't even begin to describe this. Does the game ever explain where the heck the Jhana got a supercharged Remnant doomsuit?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Holy crap that's a lot of ancient weaponry. Is that the only fight that drops it?

Uhhh... let me check... yes, yes it is. But I can possibly craft weapons of similar power from other rare components if I really want to and grind out enough of the needed components (I don't really want to).

Verant posted:

Yowza. These bonus boss updates are kinda making me glad I never tried fighting them, nasty doesn't even begin to describe this. Does the game ever explain where the heck the Jhana got a supercharged Remnant doomsuit?

I showed off all the story that was associated with this fight. Which was none.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Does it hurt? DOES IT?!

Dude has some issues.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Roobanguy posted:

Dude has some issues.

Wyngale is great because he's completely batshit. Look at his list of battle quotes.

Part of that might be from being stuck in Baaluk for close to a thousand years against his will by Imperator Wagram. But then again, it seems like he was a bloodthirsty maniac even before that.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

The essence of JRPGs. Delicious.

Wyngale is great because he's completely batshit. Look at his list of battle quotes.

wiki's fourth entry posted:

-*Insane laughter*

Well, ok then. I feel like I should work in :catstare: into this comment somehow, because it feels incredibly odd that he's on the protagonist side in this game

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I've been pretty busy with work the last couple of weeks. If I concentrate fully on the update tomorrow it might get done. I'll try.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Forgive me. I-I must be boring you.

Music: Old Traditions, New Methods

Today is the big fat roundup of all the conversations with the unique leaders I haven’t finished yet. We have done a lot of them, but mostly ones which happen where the plot and sidequests take us. That’s left cities like Royotia, Ghor, and Baaluk mostly unfinished.

First up is Yuniver. He used to be a guard working for the Third Committee, but one of their experiments exploded, crippling him when it comes to melee combat.

Every day, I watched the sunset at Fornstrand, thinking of how easy it would be to jump in the ocean and disappear.
So what stopped you?
That's when a mitra calling herself the festival maiden came along. She sat down next to me and listened quietly to my story. Then she turned to me and smiled and said, "Why don't you try learning to use spells?" What was she thinking? I'd relied on my brawn to get me through everything in the past. Someone like me couldn't use spells. But before I could say anything, I glanced over and caught her smile. It gave me strength and hope. It made me feel like I could do anything. Or maybe I just wanted to grab onto something to get me out of this feeling of despair.

But I didn't give up—I couldn't. This was my last hope. After a lot of studying, I finally got the hang of it. I'll never forget that feeling of using my first spell. I've decided to become an expert spellcrafter. It might seem like an impossible dream, but I'm willing to try. I want to achieve this dream and seek out and thank the girl who gave me something to live for. I bet she's out there helping others at this very moment. I look forward to seeing her again.

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Yuniver, thus awakening his true powers!

That’s Intellect +5%. It isn’t said if the festival maiden was Sheryl, but I think it probably was someone else, from Sheryl’s quests, it sounds like the position changes pretty often. Moving on now…

Music: Gateway to the West (Balterossa Theme)

Both of our remaining Balterossa uniquie leaders are upstairs in Café Moondust. Jorgen is just to the right of the stairs.

I feel like I've forgotten something important yet again... Or perhaps it's just my imagination...

Zolean is at a table. If you don’t know Zolean, that’s because he has no quests. You only need to reach the point where your maximum battle party size reaches 18, then you can pick him up from Balterossa’s guild.

Zolean is another yama caster. In this LP, he’s seen action only for one or two battles in the middle of Jager’s UFO quest before I remembered that Nora existed.

Err… not really?
When it comes to battle, the experiences of fights like me can be a good reference. Every so often young warriors such as yourself come to me for advice. But just now I was having a drink with a good friend. He and I have been coming to this pub for a long, long time. It's long been our spot to have a drink after a battle. Next time, why don't you join us?
Uhhh…
Ahh, but you're still young yet, aren't you. That Marquis of Athlum would have my head for leading you into temptation...ha ha ha.

In actuality, you need to go out to the world map, then re-enter. It takes between two and five visits before leaders get a new conversation. It took quite a while to get all of these. It should be obvious, but all Jorgen’s variations get the same conversations.

A girl with a mischievous smile and long, graceful fingers... She draws near and strokes my cheek, and...
And…?
Hahaha... Perhaps the desert heat is going to my head. Men who spend all their time at war have no time for exploits of a romantic nature, yes?

So who’s that friend of yours?

We were both fresh recruits, shaking in our scales to be in the middle of a real battle... We ended up cheering each other on. Ever since then, we were comrades in arms... and rivals, at times. But, you know, it's not like we're getting any younger. Nowadays we spend a good deal more time meeting in places like this than anything else...ha ha ha.

We were together... I and that woman... She was brilliant—bright, uncompromising... As intense as the desert sun. We were sitting near the water... The reflection of her smile sparkled off the surface of the river. ...River? Or perhaps it was a canal? Where could all of this happened? Curses, I remember all but the most crucial parts...

There’s no one here.
Hm? Where the devil'd he go? Can't believe he sneaked off again...left me with the bill, to boot. I swear Zane was right here a minute ago. Rgh, he always does this...disappears right when I need him. Like that time in Siebenbur... Ahh, you know what, I think maybe I've had a lil' too much to drink... *hic*

This is your hint that you need to go elsewhere to continue his dialogues.

Music: Labyrinth

In this case, it’s Siebenbur’s Second Path.

learned Maledict IV!

What we’re looking for is in the southwest corner.

Getting there is trickier than it looks thanks to all the one-way cliffs.

Zane’s Ring – A ring belonging to the mercenary Zane. The metal is burnt and misshapen.

The treasure chest has Zane’s ring. Now that we have that we can get Zolean’s final conversation.

Music: Gateway to the West (Balterossa Theme)

Really?
I haven't regained all of my memories of her, but I cannot help but think I must meet with her. I thought myself to be someone with no passion in life except for the battlefield, but it seems that there was something—rather, someone else important to me. I still don't even know where to begin my search, but I'm sure these memories will come with time. So, Rush, I would like to travel with you for a little longer. I feel like my travels with you will help me regain memories.
Good luck!

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Jorgen, thus awakening his true powers!

The conversations are the same, but each Jorgen gets their own parameter bonuses.

• Adventurer: HP +25%
  • Aristocrat: HP + 20%, Strength +3%
  • Djin: AP + 15%, Intellect +3%
  • General: AP + 15%,
  • Raider: ???
  • Sage: Intellect +5%
  • Warrior: Strength + 5%

There was nothing listed for the Raider’s parameter bonus on the wiki. We end up with the Aristocrat’s bonus.

I found this ring in Siebenbur.

So, what happened?
Three years ago... There was a big operation to clean the beastmen armies out of Siebenbur. Zane was in charge of one of the main squads. He knew the beast leader had to be taken down. So he went after them... but didn't come back. In the end, we beat back the beastmen. I didn't hear about Zane until it was all over.
I couldn't believe it...I wouldn't believe Zane was gone until I could see it with my own eyes. I thought, if I came here, to the pub we always met at, he'd eventually show up... I've been waiting ever since.
Sorry dude, he’s dead.
I suppose I've been afraid to accept the truth... But, seeing that ring, I can't run from reality any longer. And...I think that finally, I'm alright with that. It seems that even old as I am, I still need to work on my discipline. ...Thank you, Rush.
You’re welcome.
Any time this old man can be of use, just say the word. I'll help in any way I can.

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Zolean, thus awakening his true powers!

Zolean gets HP + 20% and Speed +3%.

Music: The Crumbling Fortress (Ghor Theme)

Three of Duke Ghor’s four dialogues are literally one line. Short and to the point is his thing. So I’ll do the first three all at once.

You are an interesting young man. You manage to capture the hearts of those around you with ease. Those who gather here all possess that same look you hold in your eyes. It pleases me so.

Sibal hangs out on some of the rubble. Sibal is one of Pagus and Maddox’s old friends. He became recruitable after Koenigsdorf, even though the quest he participated in was finished far earlier.

I’m not in a hurry.
No? Then leave me alone. But before you go... I think there's something hidden in this town. The castle's almost fully repaired, but there may be something underground.
What do you mean ‘something’?
I'm getting an excavation team together to make the discovery of a lifetime!
You mean like a new Remnant or something?
The Arco Iris was a miracle, but it was our miracle and only ours... I want to discover something bigger! This is going to take time and money, but I promise to help out if you need me, if you stop pestering me during my free time! Later!

The people that helped make this town what it is were not the purest of souls, but they were dauntless and determined. Their only goal was to make a better future. I can see that same look in your eyes.
Err, thanks, I guess.
... However, I see something else in your eyes... A certain sparkle that I've seen in my own as well. Who are you, my child?
I’m Rush Sykes?

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Duke Ghor, thus awakening his true powers!

The Duke gains an extra 5% Strength.

Not really.
No? But I need funds for my excavation team! Pagus suggested I join a guild so I came here...and now he doesn't even show his face. Even the Arco Iris legend was his baby to begin with. I don't even know how I got involved! Grrr...

What’s up?
I've been frustrated that my plan to create an excavation team wasn't working out, so I came up with a different plan. You guys should be part of the team! I'll pay you for your troubles, I promise. The area underneath Ghor Castle is really fishy... There's something there, I know it! I'll persuade Duke Ghor to let us investigate the area. So come on, help me out!
Well… I guess.

Now you need to go talk to Duke Ghor to proceed.

Not too long ago, some strange qsiti was asking about the same thing – babbling on about ruins and miracles and other such tripe. Either way, this is no time to be playing treasure hunter.
Well, I guess you have a point.
Dreams and imagination can be a good thing, but there is a certain time and place for them to be indulged. You and your little qsiti friend need to keep that in mind.

I couldn't get permission from Duke Ghor... He glared at me and I froze...
Sorry, dude.
Alright, time to come up with another spot for excavation! There's a ton of ruins in this world. I'm not giving up that easily! In rough times like these, you need something to keep yourself occupied. I'm giving people hope! So, c'mon! Let's go make the discovery of a lifetime!

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Sibal, thus awakening his true powers!

AP + 20%.

Music: Glittering Gold (Celepalais Theme)

Let’s finish off Kate’s story. It’s a bit more interesting.

Uh, okay. Bye.

Sorry. It's just that - Hell, I'll just tell you. Thing is... I'm not really - me. I mean, it's not like I'm a clone or a ghost or anything ridiculous like that.
How can you not be you?
How it worked is that I'm the Kate from Rhagoh's memories, made flesh by the Remnant Flâchonelle, if that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't. Either way, for the most part I'm really Kate, but still sort of...not.
Yeah, it seems pretty confusing.
At first, I didn't give a drat. If I was enough for Rhagoh, it was enough for me. Just, as time's gone on, it's been freaking me out. I mean, what if everything I do isn't because I wanna do it, but because I'm Rhagoh's idealized vision of me?
Hmm.
What am I? What should I do with myself?
I dunno. I wouldn’t even know where to start.
... Huh...guess it's a bitch for you to have to deal with this poo poo, too. But...thanks. It felt good to get some of this off my chest.

This game is really weird at times.

…Hey.
Since we talked last time, I've been spending some time away from Rhagoh... Been doing some thinking. It was kinda nice to be away. Had me thinking I didn't need to be worrying so much after all.
Did that help?
I am me...and that's okay. Trying to force myself to act like somebody else whats is only gonna make all of us pissed eh? So, I'm just gonna live as me. Might be a little different than what Rhagoh was thinking, but I am Kate and Kate's gotta be true to herself. ...drat, but this is confusing. Anyway, thanks, Rush. Talking with you really helped me sort all this out.

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Kate, thus awakening her true powers!

Kate gets Strength +8%.

Music: The Seat of Vulcan (Royotia Theme)

Paris is in Royotia Castle. I just haven’t had all that many chances to visit Royotia, and when I did I usually wasn’t thinking of getting these dialogues.

Yeah! All the time! … There’s usually a lot of sighing and head-shaking, though.
My father is a master fencer... But not only is he skilled in combat, his character is such that he immediately won the hearts of the people. Compared to that, what have I to offer? Nothing... I cannot help but look upon myself with shame. Someone like me ought not even dream of becoming a man like him... Forgive me. I-I must be boring you. Please, er, forget what I was talking about.
Huh, what were you saying?

Allan, Torgal’s old pal is in Byon Sector’s alleyway.

Yup.
That reminds me... I saw Torgal get angry at one of your Four Generals...that hulking lump of a fish-man. And all over something as insignificant as sneaking food. Ah, the lofty concerns of the famed Four Generals...simpletons. You know, I'd never seen him make such an overt reaction before, never. In fact, the prideful bastard would brag that only fools would show any emotion...
He did?
Good god, what in the seven hells happened to you, Torgal!? How could you change so, you hypocritical—
Tsk...not again... Ugh, what is making me so angry? Even he is not worth that. It must be a side-effect of having to debase myself to talk to you!

What are you looking at?

My mother always said the soul was like a mirror... The feeling you show will always be returned. Thus, don't meet others with anger of hatred, but with kindness and charity. I always admired that about my mother...
She sounds like she was nice.
Yet, kindness isn't enough to rule, is it... It seems that instead of kindness, strength is what's needed to guide the people. Ah— Forgive me. I did not mean to unload my thoughts on you, Rush.

It seems that Torgal has found someone else he's willing to confide in. Someone other than me... Well. Fine. It's fine. I'm glad to be rid of his piddling concerns.
(Heh heh.)
...What. What is that look for? Are you laughing at me? Let's see if you're still laughing when I rip you limb from limb!
...That is, I believe now I understand why Torgal keeps you around. You people do keep things lively, don't you? I never felt this way when I lived apart from you other races. I always considered those who let themselves be rankled by little things to be ridiculously foolish. And yet, after having spent this time traveling with you people, I've found myself increasingly burdened by these...feelings.
It’s called friendship.
Odd... As time passes, the less I've thought that to be a bad thing... You people are truly the strangest group I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. I had planned to leave such cloyingly buddy-buddy group at once, but for some reason you amuse me... Perhaps I'll stick around a bit longer.

...What's that look for? You don't like it!? Don't think I was joking about that limb-from-limb bit.

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Allan, thus awakening his true powers!

Allan gets a 15% boost to his AP.

Why’s that?
I remembered something else Mother always told me... Everyone has their own strengths. Instead of comparing them to those of others, we must find how to use them best... I am different man from my father. Thus, I must earn the trust of the Royotian people in my own way. It's taken a long time, but in travelling with you, and finding my place here, I've been able to come to this conclusion.
It seems like a good answer.
My whole life, I've felt equally honored and cursed to be the future ruler of Royotia. Finally I feel like I can get past my insecurities and begin to move forward. Rush, please allow me to continue to journey with you. I realize I have a great deal more to learn so that someday, I'll be someone to be proud of...

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Paris, thus awakening his true powers!

Paris’s parameter bonus is a 20% boost to his health, which is pretty nice. Let’s move on to the next town.

Music: Free and Easy

No.
...What, now you look like someone stole your last bone. Don't like being called a little puppy, do you?
Hmph.
Don't get me wrong, kid, I'm not trying to put you down to look big or anything. In fact, you got a good look in your eye... I can tell you're a fighter. Let's focus that...make you actually worth something. Whaddaya think of that, me as your teacher? If you ask me, I think you should feel honored.
Eh, I’ve seen better fighters.
What, you doubt my skill? You think I'm full of it? Feh. Think what you want. So what're you gonna do about it?

If you know someone who thinks they could beat me, bring 'em on. I'll show 'em how strong—or weak—they really are. Hahahahaha!

To get the next and final bonus conversation with Gaou, we need to find someone who’s tougher than he is. But that’s for a bit later.

Heh heh heh... I can feel it...feel it strongly. The feel of his soul, not fully claimed by death... Wait for me, spirit wandering the space between heaven and earth. Wait, because I'm going to find you and destroy you. There won't even be a sliver of soul left when I'm done with you! Finally, you'll regret what you've done! Bwah-hahahahahahahah!!!
Uh, I’m gonna go somewhere else now, okay?

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Wyngale, thus awakening his true powers!

Wyngale gains +3% Speed and +15% AP. Pretty good. Now, back to Ghor.

He says that he could beat anyone I know in a fight.
…I see. Interesting. Don’t fret. I will handle it.

What happened?
This's all your doing, isn't it? Some yama in a mask comes up to challenge me to a fight-come on, like I wouldn't know it's Duke Ghor.
Are you sure it was really him?
He was carrying the Bilqis, for crying out loud. What the hell kind of idiots is he used to dealing with? drat... Thanks to that, I can't feel my face...
Oh, I’m sorry.
Sorry, Rush. I took a little bruise to my pride and let it blow up into all this mess. Guess I shouldn't slack on my training either. Whaddya think, Rush, you up for some lessons? I wasn't lying when I said I saw a lot of potential in you.
Hmmm…
Of course, the number one thing a mercenary needs is strength! So the first thing we gotta do is eat! Hahahahahahaha!!!

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Gaou, thus awakening his true powers!

Strength +8%. We’re almost done, thank goodness. Just one city left.

Music: The Heaven’s Majesty (Elysion Theme)

But lately, I've been beginning to think that we were never meant to use or benefit from their powers. The sad truth is that the world has become reliant on Remnants, which seem to have a part in everyone's lives. We've spent centuries trying to understand what makes them tick, but we've gained very little knowledge.
So you think it’s wrong to study and use them?
Rush, maybe we were wrong to have taken control over these divine objects.

When you're part of a family with these kinda powers, they make you like, go out and train when you're young. So that's what I'm doing right now. I need to, like, get this thing called the Witch's Signet. It's...somewhere in this world.
But you have no idea where?
I'm so totally over this training, so I want to find it ASAP and be done with it! So Rushie, will you help me find this thingy?
Sure.

To finish Khrynia’s dialogues off we need to locate the Witch’s Signet.

Uh-huh?
I haven't been able to find answers to all of my questions, but I did figure out something.
What is it?
Remnants reflect our morality. If we make poor choices, their powers reflect that. I want to find a way we can coexist—a way for us and Remnants to be happy.
Great!
I want to travel the world and discover more of what's out there. I may find the answers I need. I hope I can find what I'm looking for while helping you out with your journey.

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Haruko, thus awakening her true powers!

Intellect + 5%.

The Witch’s Signet is in the Sixth Path, which we haven’t been in yet.

It’s a simple place. What we want is in the upper-left dead-end.

learned Mighty Rift Cleaver II!

Obtained Witch’s Signet!
Witch’s Signet – An heirloom bequeathed by a legendary witch. Engraved are words in a cryptic language.

Okay, so I made a decision. I'm going to become a witch! According to the signet, the job of, like, a true witch is to discover the world's truths!
Err… What does that mean?
I figure I can travel the world to learn more about magick and stuff, and maybe I can become a real witch! I'm gonna wait to tell Grandma I found the signet. I'm gonna become a kickass witch and surprise her one day!
Sweet!
So Rushie, I'll be seeing a lot of you. Lucky you!

Parameter Bonus! You’ve become chummy with Khrynia, thus awakening her true powers!

She gets a boost to three stats: AP +15%, Strength +3%, Intellect + 3%. Whew. That’s all of them. All the unique conversations for all the party members. Well, except for the one which requires BR 80 before you can recruit them. Next time is another bonus boss.

New Arts Summary
learned Maledict IV!
learned Mighty Rift Cleaver II!

Next Time: Time for some action!

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 13, 2017

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
I've always been kind of partial to "imaginary" entities going all Descartes and deciding to exist by their own will. You go, Kate.

I was not expecting that bit with Ghor Mysterious Masked Yama, but I suppose that's kind of a common gag in the medium

Also, thanks for enduring the tedium for these character bits

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like how Ghor is all 'tiem and place and this is not it' and as soon as he hears someone getting too big for their britches he goes and beats them up.
:allears: best lord.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I like how Ghor is all 'tiem and place and this is not it' and as soon as he hears someone getting too big for their britches he goes and beats them up.
:allears: best lord.

And he didn't even bother leaving his legendary axe behind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

And he didn't even bother leaving his legendary axe behind.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I can get behind Yama Zorro.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Oh, come on, that could be any giant flightless waterfowl under there.

Anyway, some of these bonuses seem a little uneven. Like Khyrinia picking up three bonuses when anybody else just gets one of them. Do later-game people get bigger upgrades to try and make up for a lack of grinding time?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Oh, come on, that could be any giant flightless waterfowl under there.

Anyway, some of these bonuses seem a little uneven. Like Khyrinia picking up three bonuses when anybody else just gets one of them. Do later-game people get bigger upgrades to try and make up for a lack of grinding time?

I think that's part of it. I think the other part is that with 30+ unique leaders, it's hard to find a good balance between people period. Khrynia and Wyngale start out powerful... but Jorgen has several forms with "reach Undelwalt" requirements as well, and he mostly blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is the person you recruit at BR 80 the last party member?

• Locked thread