Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah I'm definitely sticking to the Japanese broadcast in that case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I don't always hate him on Lucha Underground.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Swagger Dagger posted:

I don't always hate him on Lucha Underground.

a tanahashi there

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

With Renallo hired for AXS that IRC joke came scary close to actually happening.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm definitely sticking to the Japanese broadcast in that case

You won't have a choice on the World broadcast anyway, you got to pony up $35 to JJ to get the option.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

OH hell yea babey

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
smh

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Striker is fine (though not great) and actually knows a little bit about NJPW. I'd much rather listen to Matt Striker than, say, Alex Riley.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Haha Matt striker is loving awful

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i was hoping it would be mike tenay but i guess the announcement of the TNA/NJPW timeslot overlap put an end to that

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

I prefer shows together but it would be nice if they had spoiler free match markers like FightPass.

I also assumed today's show would be a Samurai TV style show rather than the single cam at a house show setup they used on that Nico subscription service.

It's a house show in the middle of BFE Ibaraki, it's just a two-cam setup and muting of songs they don't have. It's literally in a town gymnasium too. It's just a house show, so it's more "it's nice that we get these" to me.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

It's a house show in the middle of BFE Ibaraki, it's just a two-cam setup and muting of songs they don't have. It's literally in a town gymnasium too. It's just a house show, so it's more "it's nice that we get these" to me.

Yeah. I was mildly disappointed at the lack of full production, but it's still a nice bonus considering we're getting more than our money's worth with three full shows this month.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I actually think it's kind of cool to watch some of the world's best wrestlers in front of < 1,000 fans :3: And the setting is so quaint; that could totally be any local elementary school gym near me.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Honestly after TLC I was happy to just be able to chill out this evening with a simple and straightforward house show with nothing too silly or ambitious. It was a fun show, nothing ground breaking but fun.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

2 for 2

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Yeah. I was mildly disappointed at the lack of full production, but it's still a nice bonus considering we're getting more than our money's worth with three full shows this month.

Now that I'm actually watching it while awake I'm more favorably inclined. It's actually kinda cool being able to clearly hear the in ring poo poo talking like Gedo calling MiSu a motherfucker,.

Is the Shinsuke mameshiba ad they showed on the tron during intermission online? I've only been able to find the Tana one.

Edit Found It:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blJOfN4evYw

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So what's the deal with Road to Tokyo Dome? Watching it now and it seems like the first half is comedy matches/matches with a lot of comedy spots. The whole show seems sort of laid back; is it usually just a small, less crazy show like this with a more intimate crowd?

This is really my first full-show exposure to NJPW and I want to get myself primed for Wrestle Kingdom, plus I figured this was a better option to Raw tonight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

So what's the deal with Road to Tokyo Dome? Watching it now and it seems like the first half is comedy matches/matches with a lot of comedy spots. The whole show seems sort of laid back; is it usually just a small, less crazy show like this with a more intimate crowd?

This is really my first full-show exposure to NJPW and I want to get myself primed for Wrestle Kingdom, plus I figured this was a better option to Raw tonight.

It's a house show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

It's a house show.

Cool, figured it was something along those lines. Finally setting some time aside to put my NJPW World membership to use and not disappointed so far. The matches on Road to Tokyo Dome weren't great or anything, but from what I'm reading of Raw results it's a much more enjoyable experience.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Cool, figured it was something along those lines. Finally setting some time aside to put my NJPW World membership to use and not disappointed so far. The matches on Road to Tokyo Dome weren't great or anything, but from what I'm reading of Raw results it's a much more enjoyable experience.

Watch the G1 Final, Destruction, King of Pro Wrestling, Power Struggle and the World Tag League Final.

It seems like a big time commitment (and it is) but after the first show you'll breeze through.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

Watch the G1 Final, Destruction, King of Pro Wrestling, Power Struggle and the World Tag League Final.

It seems like a big time commitment (and it is) but after the first show you'll breeze through.

I'm visiting my parents for Christmas so I basically have nothing but time. Thanks for the suggestions!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Korakuen shows are going to be more important (think kinda like a WWE MSG show) and will have normal camerawork and commentary.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm visiting my parents for Christmas so I basically have nothing but time. Thanks for the suggestions!

It's all the major shows from the G1 final through Tokyo Dome so you'll be invested in the card more having seen the build.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
One of the things that people wanted from the WWE Network was to be able to watch some house shows... so it's cool that NJPW gives you that option.

I mean I totally get why WWE didn't put house shows on the Network. They tour them all over the place, it's the same show in every city. But still.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

One of the things that people wanted from the WWE Network was to be able to watch some house shows... so it's cool that NJPW gives you that option.

I mean I totally get why WWE didn't put house shows on the Network. They tour them all over the place, it's the same show in every city. But still.

We got some "old school" house shows on the Network though! I feel like there is a lot more of that house show stuff that they aren't uploading though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the small selection of house shows they have on the Network, especially because they have a few Maple Leaf Gardens shows up there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if they'll upload any of the stuff they put together for the MSG network. I want more Bruno matches.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So, I'm having a little trouble navigating even with Chrome Translate, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Basically, what I'd like to do is like, put a match from that excellent match spreadsheet in the OP into Chrome, and then use that match's page to somehow navigate to the match list for the entire show that that one match is on. So, for example, if I put:

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00232_11_10

Which is for Okada v. Suzuki on the G1 Climax Day 11 show. Is there somewhere I can click on that page that would send me to a list of the matches for the entire show so I could watch it all in order?

Edit:

Or just an easier way for a stupid American to find full shows also works very well.

EDIT EDIT:

I FIGURED IT OUT. Yay

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 17, 2014

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Weird, I can't get NJPW World to work on my Chromebook, I get a device error screen on their page. I sorta thought it would work just fine.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Spermgod posted:

a tanahashi there
haha my first thought when I read this was "what's he gonna call the Sling Blade if Tanahashi's doing it"

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Is the World Tag League 2014 Finals the only show available from the World Tag League 2014, or am I just not good at finding stuff on the website?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that the first of the weekend Korakuen shows will be starting almost exactly 24 hours from now

quote:

ROAD TO TOKYO DOME - December 19 from Korakuen Hall at 4:30 AM EST
card
Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Taichi)
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & BUSHI
CHAOS (Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku)
Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito & Captain New Japan
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Gedo & Jado)

quote:

ROAD TO TOKYO DOME - December 20 from Korakuen Hall at 4:30 AM EST
card:

Yohei Komatsu vs. El Desperado
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. KUSHIDA & BUSHI
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
CHAOS (Jado & YOSHI-HASHI) & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
Toru Yano vs. Takashi Iizuka
Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Togi Makabe vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)

Not going to be able to catch tomorrow's live, but I definitely want to watch both. Last year's pre DomeKorakuen shows had some amazing multiman main event matches and I'm curious to see if we get any hints on YTR's mystery partners.

Seymour Buttz posted:

Is the World Tag League 2014 Finals the only show available from the World Tag League 2014, or am I just not good at finding stuff on the website?

That is indeed the only one. Keep in mind that the service launched literally in the middle of the tour. They're going to have a much higher percentage of the big tournaments up in the future including every day of the G1. Really, you're not missing that much. Even I wouldn't watch every day of the WTL if they gave me the option

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 18, 2014

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Otani vs. Sakuraba from June 1996 http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00144_1_1

this good

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ROAD TO TOKYO DOME - December 20 from Korakuen Hall at 4:30 AM EST
card:
Yohei Komatsu vs. El Desperado
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. KUSHIDA & BUSHI Sho Tanaka
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
CHAOS (Jado & YOSHI-HASHI) & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
Toru Yano vs. Takashi Iizuka
Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Togi Makabe vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)

just starting now if anyone's up

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 20, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I'm up for late night njpw, main sounds cool

What's the consensus on modern day Togi Makabe because I hear a lot of Triple H in his heyday stuff on /wooo/

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

I'm up for late night njpw, main sounds cool

What's the consensus on modern day Togi Makabe because I hear a lot of Triple H in his heyday stuff on /wooo/

his world title matches (vs. Tana at All Together '12, vs. Okada at Dominion 2013) are both really loving great. he's ok in the midcard but nothing extraordinary imo, def a dude who saves it for the huge matches.

Hype for Ishii/Makabe, it'll rule if given time

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Thauros posted:

his world title matches (vs. Tana at All Together '12, vs. Okada at Dominion 2013) are both really loving great. he's ok in the midcard but nothing extraordinary imo, def a dude who saves it for the huge matches.

Hype for Ishii/Makabe, it'll rule if given time

I think they meant it in more of a Triple H, Am I loving Going Over way

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
TMDK and Marafuji just saved Yano from Suzuki-gun, so that's Yano's team for the dome.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Makabe's strikes have looked like poo poo lately. Don't know if he's really injured or what.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Biosys posted:

TMDK and Marafuji just saved Yano from Suzuki-gun, so that's Yano's team for the dome.

The last time I saw Marufuji was against Nigel McGuiness at Glory by Honor I think like 6 years ago or more? I didn't even recognise him, he used to look perpetually babyfaced and... small. Now he looks he's Tanahashi's brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Makabe's strikes have looked like poo poo lately. Don't know if he's really injured or what.

Yeah, I'm not as hyped for Ishii/Makabe as I thought I would be, their stuff yesterday def. lacked something.

Hopefully today is better.

• Locked thread