Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Top Hats Monthly posted:

4 wins
29 losses
A titanic showdown between a turd and a bucket of piss
Tune into 76ers vs Timberwolves tonight on your lovely affiliate

I'm looking forward to Zach LaVine vs MCW, personally.

If this was in Philly I would peg the Sixers as favorites in this game but I think it's a coin flip instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Here is some good basketball related news: Tim Duncan gave a quarter million dollars towards opening a cancer research center in San Antonio.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tim-duncan-donates-247000-fund-ground-breaking-san-antonio-cancer-genome-research-project

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

If the Sixers want to start surrounding their current crop with actual NBA players they have money and assets and could start next year if they feel like their core is ready.
The fundamental problem with the 76ers is that when a team is so hilariously, intentionally bad it'll have to pay through the nose to get any decent free agents. It's one thing when a team is tanking as that frequently happens later on in the season, but it's as if the 76ers have decided the entire season isn't worth the effort.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I literally imagine all the Dubs fans I've seen on here to be this.

Rude.

I'm much taller than that kid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

glowing-fish posted:

Here is some good basketball related news: Tim Duncan gave a quarter million dollars towards opening a cancer research center in San Antonio.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tim-duncan-donates-247000-fund-ground-breaking-san-antonio-cancer-genome-research-project

Tim Duncan is a loving boss.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

What the gently caress NBATV :mad:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What superstar was realistically available this year via fa. Melo?

Will any be avail next year.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

What

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For the Sixers to sign.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
"Thus far in the NBA season, 140 players have started ten or more games.

Of those 140, 139 of them have posted at least one game where they’ve shot over 50% from the field."

Josh Smith stars as Mr. 140

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If the Sixers didn't tank and we're say 35-45 last year what nba superstar fa could they have signed. That's my question.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm looking forward to Zach LaVine vs MCW, personally.

If this was in Philly I would peg the Sixers as favorites in this game but I think it's a coin flip instead.

LaVine is gonna do something sick tonight I can feel it. Which means they will sad trombone out a 80 to 88 loss

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Who says you need a superstar free agent

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

To get to the finals.

You need to draft two or three or sign them.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

Lebron, Marc Gasol, Lamarcus Aldridge restricted: Jimmy Butler, Kawhi

Quick liist of guys who'll definitely get paid double figures in 2015 free agency:

Restricted: Jimmy butler, Draymond Green, Kawhi Leonard

Unrestricted: Lebron James, Greg Monroe, DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Omer Asik, LaMarcus Aldridge

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

None of those guys are superstars except LeBron and he isn't coming to philadelphia even if they were 72-10.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

euphronius posted:

None of those guys are superstars except LeBron and he isn't coming to philadelphia even if they were 72-10.

Gasol and Aldridge are. Unless you're talking nonbasketball related superstardom.

Butler and Kawhi are cusp type guys that you could sign cross your fingers.

I can't remember the last time the Spurs had a great FA coup, so I'm not really sure what winning has to do with it. Maybe I'm just forgetting something.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jrue holiday
Eva turner
Kawai Leonard
LMA
Spencer Hawes

Uuuuuuuhhhh

(If that would even work cap wise)))

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'd rather watch the team go 0-82 this year than watch another game with Evan Turner in a Sixers uniform

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
The 76ers are going to pay Reggie Jackson 14 million a year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why do I keep hyping myself up for the possibility of LMA to the Rockets

Why do I do this to myself

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Intruder posted:

I've legitimately sold myself on Gasol replacing Duncan after this year so I feel you there.

I'm not sure the Rockets need much more. As long as Dwight is okay being second to Harden and plays with effort if he's not getting fed the ball I think the Rockets won't need to add a piece to be a contender.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Butler on the Sixers would be nice tho

No argument

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bashez posted:

I can't remember the last time the Spurs had a great FA coup, so I'm not really sure what winning has to do with it. Maybe I'm just forgetting something.

I'm not sure they've really made much of an attempt though. And while winning doesn't necessarily make you a great FA destination, losing a lot can make you a lot less attractive, even to more mid-tier guys. And I think the way they're losing would be a particular turn off since I would think a subset of people who tends to be highly competitive by nature would likely be turned off by a franchise who is fine with essentially throwing games.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The last time the Spurs had a bunch of money and everyone was hyped for a FA coup they ended up with Rasho Nestrovic instead of Alonzo Mourning, Jermaine O'Neal, or Jason Kidd. Oh and I think they traded for Ron Mercer and Hedo Turkoglu before he was good

After that, SA probably thought trading or signing talent was overrated and decided to just do it all themselves

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 4, 2014

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Intruder posted:

Because there's a very good chance he wants to go back to Texas?

I hope he stays though, he'll probably never be as beloved as Drexler but he could easily end up retiring as the best Blazer of all time. Which is really weird to think about considering where he was 9 years ago.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Anthony Davis showing his inner Fabio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf5whLKFX0Q

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

euphronius posted:

Jrue holiday
Eva turner
Kawai Leonard
LMA
Spencer Hawes

Uuuuuuuhhhh

(If that would even work cap wise)))

You want Jrue Holiday back??

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Joel Embiid is going to be so good if he isn't an Odenesque glass giant. Everyone is going to forget about the 7 or 8 disgraceful years it took for him to become the best player in the year.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I literally imagine all the Dubs fans I've seen on here to be this.

:mad:

Jota posted:

I'd rather watch the team go 0-82 this year than watch another game with Evan Turner in a Sixers uniform

I always thought he could turn out ok. Eventually. One day. Down the road. On another team. Maybe. But nope, he sucks.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

He's improved one of his biggest weaknesses in turnovers since he left Philly. He is at a 4.12 AST/TO ratio so far, which is good for third among players averaging 30+ minutes (CP3 and Lowry are ahead of him).

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

The last time the Spurs had a bunch of money and everyone was hyped for a FA coup they ended up with Rasho Nestrovic instead of Alonzo Mourning, Jermaine O'Neal, or Jason Kidd. Oh and I think they traded for Ron Mercer and Hedo Turkoglu before he was good

After that, SA probably thought trading or signing talent was overrated and decided to just do it all themselves

Jermaine O'neal is the one that I was thinking about that I thought we'd get for sure.

I'm pretty glad we didn't get Kidd actually. That whole deal was pretty silly. I'm glad it didn't sour things with Parker.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

He's improved one of his biggest weaknesses in turnovers since he left Philly. He is at a 4.12 AST/TO ratio so far, which is good for third among players averaging 30+ minutes (CP3 and Lowry are ahead of him).

Are you sure it was a weakness he fixed, or him forcing the ball because his other teammates are really bad and Evan Turner?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Spurs aren't big players in free agency because their best players were drafted by them and taking up the biggest chunk of the cap. Teams with cap room are often teams that haven't drafted well.

I'm fairly optimistic the Bulls will match any offer on Butler.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I'm fairly optimistic the Bulls will match any offer on Butler.

I can't imagine a scenario where they don't.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

It's a " if they never tanked" counter factual

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

It's a " if they never tanked" counter factual

Then why is Turner still on the roster? :v:

Bad Ideas Good
Oct 12, 2012

hitze posted:

What the gently caress NBATV :mad:

*~* history in the making *~*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Timberwolves and 76ers just had to restart the game after the first possession because the teams were going the wrong way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

IcePhoenix posted:

The Timberwolves and 76ers just had to restart the game after the first possession because the teams were going the wrong way.

Actively trying to score points for the other team is a sign that tanking has gone too far, imho

• Locked thread