Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

straight up brolic posted:

Also: the All Star Jerseys dropped

These are simple but good. That long sleeve is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I liked his point that even if you just reseed it with the current schedule, it's still significantly more fair that what we have right now. I mean you can stand back and say "ehhhh, gotta fix the schedules before we mix the two conferences together" but any schedule disparity is in the east's favour. It's certainly not any more unfair than the seeding as it currently happens and almost definitely competitively better.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I dunno if you're irony posting but I absolutely would not want Josh Smith on the Raptors. Goddamn, man. We've got bad enough shot selection as is and Casey's never been particularly interested or effective at managing it. See: Gay, Rudy.

Hell, we got a good thing going right now. I'm not really feeling like making trade fantasies (other than trying to sign a good center this off season...I hear there's a nice one with a contract expiring).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
McRoberts has also been injured for most of the season so far, so who knows.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Post play is really, really tricky. You gotta be seriously basketball smart to be good at it. My #hotsportstake on Dwight is that he's a giant idiot and isn't smart enough to play well in the post.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 5, 2014

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fast Luck posted:

I'm still not sold it's such a bad move. The guy is still young (turned 21 in August), and the Pistons don't need to win right now. Just grind away and see if he can learn a skill, and go back to doing more PnR once the team has a chance to actually be relevant.

The NBA doesn't seem like the right setting for it, but now that you phrase it that way Van Gundy literally has a famous speech from a coaching seminar where he talks about exactly this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9jTOAMTtk

I mean the speech is mainly targeted at coaching kids, but it's oddly specific to what's happening with Drummond.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Suck is relative. We got whipped by one of the best offensive teams in the league. I wouldn't put too much into it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

this is the most canadian thing i've seen all day

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

straight up brolic posted:

(milwaukee's going to be moved to seattle because they're not going to build an arena)

That would be cruel. Just as the team shows signs of life.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I could go for another Spurs-Warriors playoff series. The last one was fun as hell.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah I forget how young Jonas is all the time. Given how long big guys take to come into their own he's doing pretty good all things considered.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

WYA posted:

For the first time this year the all-star ballot is going to let you vote for anyone in the nba :twisted:

Apart from letting people indulge viral campaigns for silly people, this will change the results approximately 0%.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Paging Vivek Ranadive.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cooooooooooool. You can't even whine about the timekeeper on that one, that was just off that quick.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Landry Fields started against Cleveland and looked like a functional basketball player. Not even close to worth his contract obviously but he still plays solid defence and I don't think he'll necessarily wash out of the league.

His shot doesn't exist outside of open layups and putbacks, but there's worse people to have as am 11th man. Just not for almost ten million dollars.

E: I met a ten year old two years ago who told me that his favourite players on the Raptors were Fields and Allen Anderson. gently caress that kid.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 11, 2014

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

WYA posted:

Toronto to have the easiest schedule through the rest of the season :woop:

coming for that no. 1. spot (by feasting on bad teams)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
People had been saying "I can't way to see Nick Young and Kobe play on a team together" for so long that it became a ridiculously unoriginal thing to say by just before the start of this season. The amazing part is that it's been even better than people imagined that it would be.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Illinois Smith posted:

Here's Darko's MMA debut.. It was stopped after one round because his shin was bleeding but they still ... Gave him a trophy for trying? I don't know how fightsports work.

He looks hilariously huge in that ring

Ehh, that's a lil more than just bleeding. It's kinda split open. That usually gets ruled as a medical stoppage. It's not a very common injury, but it's kinda analogous to how you see fighters get giant gaping cuts over their eyes sometimes when something splits their eyebrow. For a graphic example, see : http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Manhoef-Leg-1.png

Also, I guess while we're talking fightsports/NBA crossover, James Johnson.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I knew he had the blackbelt but holy gently caress I didn't know he had actually legit fought :stare:

Did a quick google and didn't find many sources for his fights other than NBA articles so they were all amateur bouts, but it's still cool and he'd gently caress me up any day.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/8E11B69F21DEC45A/James-Johnson/

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

Bulls logo greatness is overshadowed by its key role in the beautiful performance piece that is the Bulls Player Introductions, the best in any major sport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6kiimEsYc

:3

http://www.clickhole.com/article/and-now-starting-lineup-your-chicago-bulls-1355

Just scroll through this real slowly to get hyped.

• Locked thread