Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Some locals are trying to give the Smoothie King Arena the nickname "The Blender". I actually kinda like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
David West is a good tweeter to follow.

He generally talks about Pacer stuff, his AAU team, and social issues. Actually worthwhile to follow in a non-comedy type of way.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Groucho Marxist posted:

lol ok

To keep this thread on topic, I could care less about the Sixers tanking because they at least have a salary floor they have to meet.

Not really, they don't actually have to meet the salary floor. The "penalty" is having to make up the difference at the end of the year with the players currently in the roster.

They have to pay the equivalent of the floor in salaries, regardless. This would just result in all those roster players getting a little bit more money at the end of the season.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Anthony Davis showing his inner Fabio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf5whLKFX0Q

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

You want Jrue Holiday back??

He's improved one of his biggest weaknesses in turnovers since he left Philly. He is at a 4.12 AST/TO ratio so far, which is good for third among players averaging 30+ minutes (CP3 and Lowry are ahead of him).

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

It's a " if they never tanked" counter factual

Then why is Turner still on the roster? :v:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

John Wallker

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels sign Dante Cunningham. Supposed to be available for tonight's game. This team seriously lacks depth. He is probably the sixth best active player on the roster.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Dante is a pretty good rotation guy but he had some domestic abuse problems and REALLY looked like a shithead when he sent threatening texts AFTER being arrested.

So basically, try not to like him if you can.

Those charges have been dropped and proven(?) to be sent by the accuser in an effort to frame him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Guess I might as well post a link: http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11750556&src=desktop

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Oh really? drat, I had no idea. Well, then enjoy Dante.

He might very well still be a shithead, just most likely not from that particular incident. I fully understand that anyone on my favorite team could very well be a bad person, despite their outward appearances or ability to play this loving awesome sport at a high level.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WYA posted:

I really really want to see the Bucks in the playoffs this year

All dat length combined with Jason Kidd playoff coaching could make for some spectacular games. Whether that means fun or a disaster, I'm not sure.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I expect him to be used in lineups where Anderson is in to help with defense and rebounding while still being capable of making a shot.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

He isn't really a SF tho, but I guess it might work with Anderson's shooting. And Davis and Anderson use 95% of the minutes at the PF spot according to 82games. Not a great fit for Dante imho, but as the article mentioned, he has to take what he can get.

Yeah, my theory is that they will hide Anderson on SFs on defense but have him at PF on offense. Kinda like how he was used when OKC went small while the Pels went big the other night.

Regardless, he brings more to the team than Babbitt and Salmons, even if he plays out of position.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

It's clearly Jameer Nelson since he starts at point for the best offense. (It's not Jameer Nelson.)

How bad is Gal Mekel? It looks like New Orleans is thinking of signing him as a backup point.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Thanks Mav fans. I remember nothing of his play last year. And since he wasn't retained or signed over the off-season, I had already tempered my expectations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Igor Strelkov posted:

And Drummond didn't start playing basketball until his freshman year of high school, so he has a big skill deficit. Sorry to keep cluttering the thread with pistons stuff, everyone.

I talk about Pelicans all the time, so I will not begrudge you from talking about your favorite team. :)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Between you and I we make the GDT like 70% about the Pelicans every time they play.

:hf:

Better talk in those threads than the equivalent ones on any Pelicans fan board.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Oh, Juju. Always the tease.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I really hate that David West pass and base line camera that worked together to destroy Paul's knee. It was the first or second NBA game I ever attended.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

God, I remember when most people thought David West was done after that 2010 surgery, and yet he's outlasted most bigs somehow.

He couldn't jump over a leaf before and always had the lateral quickness of a sloth, so it didn't affect him as much. Still had a long wing span and very strong for his frame to go along with his offensive skills.

It also wasn't a throat injury, so his the secret to his power stayed intact. AND-1!

Love him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Guy talking about the number of great defenders on the Pels squad

dumb-dumb posted:

I would argue and say 4. Jrue and Reke can lock their man down when they want too, especially jrue, who's more consistent. But then you got Ad of course, and I would say Asik is a good individual defender bc he's great at positioning and boxing out but he's not as good helping out on switches and drives to the rim in general. We need everything to click, idk how long it'll take..

This is what I willingly subject myself to. :negative:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

"I would say Asik is a good individual defender but not good at rim defending and team defense". So if he thinks Asik is a middling defender why does he think they are starting him? His dazzling array of offensive moves? His raw athleticism?

That poster thinks Asik is completely overrated and is, at best, an average defensive center. He also seriously thinks Evans is a great defender and that AD is the best one on the team. Unfortunately, he is not alone in his opinion. :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I love RoLo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Amare legit played well tonight. His post game has come a long way.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Igor Strelkov posted:

Bradford Doolittle did nets trade scenarios

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12005566/nba-trade-scenarios-deron-williams-joe-johnson-brook-lopezJoe Johnson would be a good fit on Toronto, for crunch time scoring. But they don't have anything to trade for him, it would have to be a 3 team salary dump.

The Pels are currently splitting time between Luke Babbitt and Dante Cunningham at the SF position. Joe would be huge for them, but they would have the same problem as Toronto trying to to trade for him.

E: I guess Eric Gordon? Though he still has a player option after this season...

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

Man, I would love to live near a bad Basketball team. I would buy cheap season tickets and watch so much Basketball.

I picked up season tickets the first year Chris Paul was no longer with the team. It's been great, despite the 70-80 minute drive. I usually make it to about 30-35 games a year.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Good game winner.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Looks like the Anthony Davis scare in the Mavs game won't be a big deal

@ESPNSteinLine
Anthony Davis says he merely jammed his toe tonight in Dallas and "I'll be fine"

:sweatdrop:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Angry Knicks Fan is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ6Xn6uPYvc

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Niwrad posted:

Is Anthony Davis OK? Chest pains and trouble breathing doesn't sound good.

:shrug:

They said it was a chest contusion and that x-rays were negative. That is all the information I have heard.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

His former teammate, Dante Cunningham:

IG: dlamarc33 ‏@DlamarC33 7h7 hours ago
"@WeLoveRobDyrdek: How was this not called a travel? http://vine.co/v/O6gV7hJvirX " lol everytime he's on a fast break lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

There's a lot of things that can cause those symptoms that are basically nothing. I had a crushed chest muscle in high school from taking a charge and it was just mildly uncomfortable after a couple days.

Good news:

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Pelicans' Anthony Davis is OK after suffering a chest contusion and it's up to him on whether he'll play vs Warriors on Sunday, source said.

Yay, a chance for a possible win streak against non-garbage teams!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Ryan Anderson step-back 3s are awesome

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Poaching on WhyteRice's misfortune (sorry bro), but...

Come back to NOLA, Malone! The defense hasn't been the same without you. :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Don't guard a guy pivoting with the ball above his head with your face in his armpit. :colbert:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
RoLo has a fractured hand and will be out for a while. Sucks for the guy, because he is awesome.

Does thus mean Kaman is starting? :getin:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jota posted:

I hate everything about Evan Turner. I'd rather the Sixers went 0-82 this year than watch one more game with him on the team. If I saw his mom walking down the street I'd boo her for giving birth to him.

Jota expressing my feelings about Kaman right here.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Yankees fans booed Derek Jeter. That is a pretty close analogy.

Woah, when did this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It still blows my mind that Stotts was able to turn him into an effective player. Kaman is currently 10th among centers in PER with 25.8% USG.

I refuse to believe. :colbert:

The only things I liked about him were his love for hunting and the wookie howl that the arena played when he scored.

• Locked thread