Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Bucks owned until the 90s. Don Nelson had some great teams in the 80s but unfortunately you also had teams like the Celtics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Of course not and I really haven't seen a decent proposal yet.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Niwrad posted:

Is Jason Kidd a good coach? I want to dislike him but that Bucks team is playing way above their talent level right now.

I think he has excellent assistants and it lets him focus on getting players to buy in and all that intangible stuff.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I was at the Childrens Hospital Toy Drive and just missed Jabari Parker. Apparently he rolled in and gave a thousand bucks.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Watch if you like dunks:

https://vine.co/v/OvLzVhupeHM

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Looks like the Bucks number one choice for an arena site is being put on the backburner. They were trying to buy the local paper's headquarters but it sounds like the paper is playing hardball. Considering the building is way too big for a paper these days you'd think they would be inclined to sell but oh well.

Too bad because it would be the best spot out of all the proposals. The site is on the river with existing bars/entertainment to the north and a nice synergy with the convention center to the south.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

straight up brolic posted:

(milwaukee's going to be moved to seattle because they're not going to build an arena)

I know you are saying that in jest but they already basically have the funds already for those wondering if it won't get done. Kohl gave 100 million from the sale of the team, the original two new owners pledged at least 100, and added minority owners are contributing an unknown amount. Then you have naming rights and Marquette for more. Would assume the city will contribute or at least create a TIF.

It sounds like the state is willing to pledge money based on bonds backed by the income tax generated by the NBA. The study determined it could be up to 150 mil but not sure that much will be needed. So basically no taxes will be needed so that should keep things relatively quiet.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 7, 2014

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

This and the Westbrook dunk need to be in any end of the year Top 10 dunk list.

The one he had against Bosh in his previous game was better.

Also yes Giannis has improved greatly from last year. He is still prone to turnovers and needs to hit more jumpshots because defenders are playing 5 feet away. Even still he is able to pretty consistently finish despite defenders playing off. Also I don't think he is in enough control to really pass while penetrating but who cares when he throws wicked dunks down.

These thoughts are from watching the Bucks, I haven't looked at any advanced stats on him.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 8, 2014

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Vire posted:

How has Jabari been so far this year I have had the chance to watch 2 buck games all year.

As a Bucks fan I have been happy. He is still weirdly athletic/unathletic like he was at Duke but thankfully his athletic moments still translate in the NBA. Early on most of his points came at the rim but he is starting to show his step back jumper. He plays within Kidds offensive system. His two moves so far are switching hands while driving and throwing down dunks and the step back. Does not seem confident with three point range yet.

Defensively he lacks lateral agility but since he is playing PF, there aren't many players out there who can take advantage. He has shown a knack at stealing the ball with quick hands when jumping out at pick n rolls and similar situations.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Man if they disliked Malone that much you fire him before the season. What coach would take a job where a guy gets fired for a bad stretch without your best player.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

EvanTH posted:

Suns are losing great games on the coolest bounce in threes

0:41 88-90 Gerald Green makes three point jumper (Markieff Morris assists)
0:28 Jared Dudley makes 25-foot three point jumper (Jerryd Bayless assists) 91-90
0:28 Suns Full timeout
0:23 91-92 Markieff Morris makes layup
0:07 Brandon Knight makes two point shot 93-92
0:07 Suns 20 Sec. timeout
0:03 93-94 Markieff Morris makes jumper (P.J. Tucker assists)
0:03 Bucks Full timeout
0:03 93-94 Marcus Morris enters the game for Isaiah Thomas
0:03 Bucks 20 Sec. timeout
0:03 Giannis Antetokounmpo enters the game for Zaza Pachulia 93-94
0:00 Khris Middleton makes 25-foot three point jumper (Jared Dudley assists) 96-94
0:00 End of the 4th Quarter
0:00 End of Game

Bucks have a winning record against the West woo. It will only last for 2 seconds but I will enjoy what I can. Unfortunately Jabari Parker went down with a knee injury and was carried off. Hopefully just a sprain as it looked like a hyper extension.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

It's not known yet. The rumors are torn ACL.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Honestly I am surprised Rondo even got that much. There aren't many contending teams with a need at PG and being able to absorb losing assets while remaining competitive.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Giannis has a spectacular play every game its not surprising people would toss a vote now and again.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
True but you see the highlights because they are insane.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Bucks are taking the "look" seriously and have added a facial coding expert to their analytics team.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
He can now start his football career with Aaron Rodgers now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
While not as harrowing as the Dirk and Ray Allen trades, the Tobias Harris trade was terrible and everyone knew it immediately.

• Locked thread