Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«366 »
Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

This is the worst day of my life.

I kinda like the Transformers movies as a seeing is believing/what the gently caress is even going on spectacle. Every sequel contradicting the previous entry along with Optimus becoming more of a face ripping psychopath each movie is a fun trainwreck to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END ME SCOOB
Mar 27, 2007

Like, I shoulda known the dog would smell it, man. I was way too high to bury him deep enough! I guess we gotta do this, huh? Alright, Scoob, get ready for my full power! DON'T HOLD BACK, PAL!

ZOINKS!

Not to mention by Transformers 4/5, the series is not rewarding the increasingly annoying "protagonist" to all the chaos, but actively going "Look how much this guy sucks". That tone helps so much.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh boy the Scooby Doo movie's next

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

I can't remember
what she came here for

I can't remember
much of anything
anymore

Shredded Hen

Rody One Half posted:

"I prefer Transformers wholesale to this" oh my god Chris
I'm with Chris, honestly vv

Rewatching these movies bored me out of my mind. At least in Transformers there's some cool action going on.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Rody One Half posted:

I missed your apostrophe at first and went GOD NO, I CAN'T DO ANOTHER ENTIRE SERIES

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

MELRO2010 and the phrase "maybe DONNA" are really getting me through every week at this point

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I love the implication that Aaron Spelling started calling Tori Spelling, his own daughter, Donna for everything.

"You know who could be in Scream 2? DONNA."

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

I don't think I've seen a single frame of the fifth Pirates movie. The last few weeks I'd been trying to think of what the subtitle was but I couldn't even do it. That movie barely exists to me.

Rody One Half posted:

That's a movie I've been wondering when they'd do for a while.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

Yams Fan

Andorra posted:

I don't think I've seen a single frame of the fifth Pirates movie. The last few weeks I'd been trying to think of what the subtitle was but I couldn't even do it. That movie barely exists to me.

I really didn't know there was a 5th until WHM announced it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Iron Crowned posted:

I really didn't know there was a 5th until WHM announced it.

You could tell me there have been seven Pirates movies, and I would have believed you

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

At the end of 2018, a study was published by London Metropolitan University showing that certain bacteria, normally present only in intestinal tracts or feces, were found on McDonald's self-service screens.

I thought the 5th Pirates movie came out back in like 2015. It's barely 3 years old, May 2017. I usually remember something about movies that I've seen, but I can't remember a goddamn thing about Pirates 5.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

The only thing I remember about Pirates 5 is that Depp had to wear an earpiece to feed him his lines since he couldn't remember any of them. And it really, really shows.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I can remember the exact moment I dipped on the Pirates franchise. It was the second movie, during the voodoo priestess exposition dump. The movie had been tedious so far, but it felt like it was setting up the rules of the finale so I figured there was another fifteen, twenty minutes left at the most. When I checked, there was still an hour and a half remaining - I wasn't even halfway through. The rest of the film had remained a mystery until the recent episode.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

I can't remember
what she came here for

I can't remember
much of anything
anymore

Shredded Hen

I don't know how I didn't know there were 5 Pirates movies until WHM announced they were covering all 5. Or maybe I did but forgot. I had MoviePass at the time it came out and I was using it to see a lot of movies in theaters, even stuff I didn't really care about, but I never saw Pirates 5 until last night.

It was a pretty poo poo movie, so I missed nothing by not seeing it in theaters.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You could tell me there have been seven Pirates movies, and I would have believed you

I genuinely did think there were 7 and was surprised when they said this was the last.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

This is my first time watching Melrose Place so I can enjoy the syncable commentary and there's so much to enjoy even just in the background. The Apple IIe or whatever in their apartments bring back so many memories.

Also as someone who ashamedly likes pop punk holy poo poo was that some terrible pop punk when they're listening to the boom box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The pop punk wasn't part of the original airing, was it?

The WHM guys often exaggerate parts of the movies/show for comedic effect but they are not exaggerating how much Billy suck. My lord does Billy suck.

«366 »