Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Hockles posted:

I believe the All Louie, All The Time bit originated in the Day After Tomorrow episode

Right! I knew it was some variety of disaster movie, but couldn't remember which one. So many of these are going to be relistens for me

Zore posted:

I think almost all my favorite episodes are them covering romantic comedies, horror movies or like the few times they've done Hallmark tier poo poo like Cyber Seduction

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
President loving Nerd.
They got 30 minutes out of that bit.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Gallagher jokes get me. That and Erick deadpans it’s cum for all the jokes that don’t land that he gives up on.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

really miss the gallagher jokes they haven't made one in a while. Every time they do the Sean Connery cold Burger King jokes I die laughing because Sir Sean Connery eating cold Burger King is just hysterical for some reason

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arson Daily posted:

really miss the gallagher jokes they haven't made one in a while. Every time they do the Sean Connery cold Burger King jokes I die laughing because Sir Sean Connery eating cold Burger King is just hysterical for some reason

Eating cold Burger King is a sad and depressing feeling that most goons can not only relate to, but have lived themselves.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Agent Smith voicemail

Splint Chesthair posted:

“Mr. Anderson, it’s your girlfriend...Agent Smith.”
Just reading these posts made me laugh really hard. I like a lot of their extended bits but this one made me practically cry from laughing the first time I heard it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I Stan for this episode too much here but I have a very vivid memory of being in grad school and being in the cafeteria and listening to my first WHM episode after dipping into other bad movie podcasts and actually having to bite my cheek so people wouldn’t think I was going insane from laughing to myself.

Dracula 2000. First it was Eric’s line about how Eliot Smith is kind of like a vampire because he got a stake in his heart. Then the bit about how monsters get made. Doubting Thomas being turned into Pinhead “ah that’s two more nails for you doubting Thomas.” Full on hunched over fit of laughter.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This latest Gleep Glossary was another all timer to me. The bits about "when she has sex with him it's like picking hair out of the shower drain!" and Lando ditching Chewbacca's funeral had me in stitches.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
One of the nice things about their Youtube channel is that they've increasingly uploaded a lot of their major extended jokes there::

Louie Anderson: Greatest Living Actor
Pizza Insurance
Mortal Kombat Resort
President Nerd
Mr. Anderson
And visiting there right now reminded me of one of my relatively more recent favorite, Comic-Con announcements about Michael Biehn

EDIT: Just remembered one of my other favorites from a long ways back - the guy behind the correspondence art school who is obsessed with drawing turtles and Kiefer Sutherland.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 21, 2020

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
"I cast people for what they are. Kyle MacLachlan is sexy. Naomi Watts is sultry. Robert Blake is pure evil."

"I sent the box set of Joan of Arcadia to Justin Theroux--to PREPARE him!"

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I'm only halfway into the Double Jeopardy episode so apologies if this gets addressed in the show, but when Andrew kept talking about Tommy Lee Jones' character getting DUIs . . . was he pronouncing it 'deweys'? I've never heard it said phonetically like that, and just couldn't tell if this is some regional dialect or if Andrew was just a little high.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
My wife is from Schenectady and she says the same thing so it might be regional

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cael posted:

I'm only halfway into the Double Jeopardy episode so apologies if this gets addressed in the show, but when Andrew kept talking about Tommy Lee Jones' character getting DUIs . . . was he pronouncing it 'deweys'? I've never heard it said phonetically like that, and just couldn't tell if this is some regional dialect or if Andrew was just a little high.

Its regional slang

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Zore posted:

Its regional slang

Like calling u-turns "eweies".

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

The discord (https://discord.gg/ujmZyG) is trying to get a Muldoons watch along set up.

The choices are
Stone Cold
Brian Bosworth goes undercover to infiltrate Lance Henrickson's biker gang

Tuff Turf
James Spader fights a street gang at his new school

Firestorm
Howie Long versus ex-cons posing as firefighters for a heist... during a fire

Ring of Steel
Joe Don Baker recruits a disgraced ex-fencer into his underground fighting ring

Vote for your movie selection and date/time here
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYytC1X-OGX9UFD30JLWGx9G2vPLK70OtsD_yNYRqNe0h6YQ/viewform

voting ends 9pm 9/22

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there any reasonable way to listen to the old episodes beyond having to download them all from a google drive? I have Patreon and I was hoping they'd just be part of the Patreon feed but I guess they're not.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ImpAtom posted:

Is there any reasonable way to listen to the old episodes beyond having to download them all from a google drive? I have Patreon and I was hoping they'd just be part of the Patreon feed but I guess they're not.

I just listened to No Holds Barred this morning. I pulled up my Drive app on my android phone, opened the WHM folder/link I saved, and found it in the list, and streamed it through there. It's a slightly different path than how I would listen to a regular episode through Podcast Addict (my preferred podcast app), but it still works on an individual basis.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Zore posted:

I think almost all my favorite episodes are them covering romantic comedies, horror movies or like the few times they've done Hallmark tier poo poo like Cyber Seduction

For sure, that’s when they’re firing on all cylinders.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this but I’m always a little disappointed when they do a recently released action movie.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Dewey is a Michigan thing too. Didn't they already do an ep on tuff turf?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

He’s mentioned his dad being a cop before too so I just assumed it was slang but regional also makes sense

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Does everyone in upstate NY say "tobo" too?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Wait until you hear what they call hamburgers upstate.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Little late to the party, but on the topic of running bit, Jupin's increasingly exasperated repeating of jokes he loves kills me every time.

"Nazi Ned's Book Nook?!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ImpAtom posted:

I just streamed them from the Google drive (?). They'd freeze up a few times but I didn't have to download them

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

BiggerBoat posted:

I just streamed them from the Google drive (?). They'd freeze up a few times but I didn't have to download them

Just do a mass download and set up a playlist, no need to make it so complicated unless for some reason you have zero local storage.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I just realized I’ve only listened to the Babycakes episode once and it was at the beginning of my WHM experience. I am definitely revisiting tonight.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The Trailer Jame rules

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I AM THE JAME MASTER

Goddamn that whole bit had me laughing so hard I nearly had to pull over.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ricochet is the first time I ever stopped an episode because I have to see this loony toon before it’s spoiled for me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

Ricochet is the first time I ever stopped an episode because I have to see this loony toon before it’s spoiled for me
I watched it yesterday and it's batshit insane in the best way

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
For anyone interested, it is on HBO Max; I saw it yesterday when I was browsing.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

I watched it yesterday and it's batshit insane in the best way

I watched Ricochet last night on HBO. It was not at all the movie I thought it was. In my head this was a movie about drug dealers and gangs or something but I wanted to watch it before I listened. I had no idea Denzel or Lithgow were in it. What a ride. Definite recommend from me. I don't know if it's a good movie but it was worth a watch.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I've seen it before. It loving rules. Lithgow is a god drat psychopath in it. It's why, when he was cast in season 4 of Dexter, I lost my poo poo with excitement. No one plays a scary lunatic like Lithgow when they let him.

It was a staple in my house for years, to the point where I was surprised when I found out that no one else had ever even heard of it, but I've come to terms with that at this point. I'm thrilled the guys did an episode on it, and loved it, too.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Really looking forward to snort-laughing at THE JAMEMASTER'S HINT on a monthly basis.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, that game rules. I'm glad he put so much effort into everything instead of making it up on the fly.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hockles posted:

Yeah, that jame rules. I'm glad he put so much effort into everything instead of making it up on the fly.

Fixed :colbert:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Stupid auto-correct on the phone

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I found their Youtube versions of the mailbags and I have watched the one about plane pukers like ten times.

It has never, not once, been less funny than the previous time. I crack the gently caress up at Steve and Andrew's reactions EVERY loving TIME.

"PUKEY, GET OFF MY PLANE!!!!"

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Watched Double Jeopardy yesterday and it really is a lifetime movie with a budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
speaking of youtube mailbags apparently one's going on live right now

Whoops nevermind, it's tomorrow night at 8PM Eastern, apparently this was just a test.