Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

New schedule is out.

Episode 545 Stargate

Episode 546 The Simpsons Movie with Henry Gilbert and Bob Mackey

Episode 547 Saw III

Episode 548 The Mighty Ducks

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies Escape from New York

Animation Damnation The Critic: "Dr. Jay" (s1, e10)

The Nexus: TOS: "Return to Tomorrow" (s1 e20) TNG: "The Ensigns of Command" (s3, e2)

Gleep Glossary: General Maximillian Veers

Melr0210: 90210: "The Party Fish" (s2, e2) Melrose Place: "Three's a Crowd" (s1, e22)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

Fuck The Mods

thrawn527 posted:

New schedule is out.

Episode 545 Stargate

Episode 546 The Simpsons Movie with Henry Gilbert and Bob Mackey

Episode 547 Saw III

Episode 548 The Mighty Ducks

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies Escape from New York

Animation Damnation The Critic: "Dr. Jay" (s1, e10)

The Nexus: TOS: "Return to Tomorrow" (s1 e20) TNG: "The Ensigns of Command" (s3, e2)

Gleep Glossary: General Maximillian Veers

Melr0210: 90210: "The Party Fish" (s2, e2) Melrose Place: "Three's a Crowd" (s1, e22)

there's nothing even slightly not-hype about this roster, good month comin!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That's a stellar lineup. Hell yeah.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Speaking of Jeff Dunham, what episode does Raaaaandy BlaeerhBlaarh appear?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

Color me surprised that none of the boys were SG-1 guys

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Color me surprised that none of the boys were SG-1 guys

I'm not too surprised. I watched a ton of Star Trek and BSG, even like Doctor Who, and obviously am a Star Wars guy. But, try as I might, I just couldn't get into SG-1. It's just...not good. I remember the first episode being a retelling of the movie, only with a random topless scene because they were on Showtime (at the time) and they could. And they had a random scene where you found out someone named Sam was a w-w-woman?!?!?! which already felt cliche'd at the time. And things only got way sillier while also more self important from there. It's just bad.

They did have one good Groundhog Day time loop episode, though.

I even tried for a few seasons (looking up the episode I gave up, it's where they went to "Hell", or a planet called that, which was halfway through season 3) because I had friends who were really into it, and I wanted to see what they saw, and I knew shows like TNG took a few seasons to get going. But I just couldn't keep going.

I do love the movie, though, so I'm looking forward to listening to the episode.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 4, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't really into SG-1 either, but there was a time in the early 00's, when it seemed like it was on every channel during the "syndication hours." To me it was one of those shows where I could sit down and watch it for an hour between doing other things. That's really my experience with SG-1 to this day, if it's on and I'm not doing anything else, I can watch it.

I just figured at least one of the boys would have at least put a good chunk of time into it

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I never watched it but there was a time where it felt like for TV SF nerds, SG-1 was on the same level as Star Trek, BSG, and Babylon-5, but now it seems like that was a flash in the pan and I see more nostalgia for Sliders than I do for SG-1.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

DON'T DOUBLE DOWN ON YOUR STUPID SHIT JUST CAUSE YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY. YOU MAKE STUPID FUCKING DECISIONS ALL THE TIME THEN DOUBLE DOWN LIKE A PETULANT CHILD. GOD I FUCKING HATE YOU SO MUCH SOMETIMES.

First season was a little hit or miss but it settles into some good sci-fi for at least another 6ish seasons.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

SG-1 is an okay TNG ripoff with a hardon for american military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1389618127265280009

The art is adorable