Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tato posted:

The boys describing Melrose Billy's soft penised method of making love was incredible. Dipping sauce

Here comes the gummy worm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Perfect!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This Point Break episode really is great.

"We're at minute 29! In most movies, the lawn mower scene would be the climax, but this is Point Break, so they're like, 'Sorry, we've got a lot of other things to do.'"

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 29, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Pretty sure I missed it, but did they make it through Dracula, which stars an actor named Billy Campbell, without doing their Billy voice?

Impressive restraint, if so.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
BDD just dropped:

Episode 646 —  Rocky V: Live from Philadelphia 

Episode 647 —  Avatar

Episode 648 — Christmas with the Kranks 

Episode 649  —  Home Alone 2: Lost in New York with Chelsea Jupin

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — True Lies 

Animation Damnation — An Elf's Story: The Elf on the Shelf

The Nexus: TOS: "Plato's Stepchildren" (s3 e10) TNG: "Allegiance" (s3, e18)

Gleep Glossary: Zam Wessell

Melr0210: 90210: "Baby Makes Five" (s2, e22),  Melrose Place: "Married to It"  (s2, e9)

Once in a Lifetime: A Christmas Prince* 

Synchable 4th Quarter Commentary: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
They are gonna work so blue on that commentary. Bone juice, toilet ghosts, little elf freaks! Cant wait.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

SilentChaz posted:

BDD just dropped:

Episode 646 —  Rocky V: Live from Philadelphia 

Episode 647 —  Avatar

Episode 648 — Christmas with the Kranks 

Episode 649  —  Home Alone 2: Lost in New York with Chelsea Jupin

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — True Lies 

Animation Damnation — An Elf's Story: The Elf on the Shelf

The Nexus: TOS: "Plato's Stepchildren" (s3 e10) TNG: "Allegiance" (s3, e18)

Gleep Glossary: Zam Wessell

Melr0210: 90210: "Baby Makes Five" (s2, e22),  Melrose Place: "Married to It"  (s2, e9)

Once in a Lifetime: A Christmas Prince* 

Synchable 4th Quarter Commentary: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

That's a great December line up. I love Christmas movies. Like, I'm real hard to upset with a movie set at Christmas. I HATE Christmas with the Kranks. loving hate it. It's a garbage movie that completely fucks up the most basic of happy holiday movie endings.

And the twofer that's gonna provide with the WLM thanks to Jamie Lee Curtis is gonna be quite something.

I was a little worried they won't have much to say about Avatar. But then I realized they could probably do 30 minutes on loving dragons with their hair tails alone.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Are they doing commentaries for all the Harry Potter movies? They’re gonna have to power hour the latter ones just to keep up with Daniel Radcliffe.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

mweber posted:

Are they doing commentaries for all the Harry Potter movies? They’re gonna have to power hour the latter ones just to keep up with Daniel Radcliffe.

I think he was only really drunk for Half Blood Prince. At least, that's the one he said he regrets his performance in and apologized for, because he said he was pretty drunk while filming. And that he cleaned his poo poo up (at least while filming) for the last two.

And, like, that movie kind of sucks, so I get drinking to get through the making of it. Especially since he came of drinking age around the time they filmed it (the movie came out when he was 20, so he would have been around 18 or 19 when they filmed it, and the drinking age is 18 in the UK).

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m a little annoyed that we’re only getting two true christmas movies on the main feed (The Santa Clause is right there) but man A Christmas Prince is one of my favorites for real netflix/hallmark dreck. started a long tradition of watching these dogshit movies with my stepsister and hooting at how dumb all the characters are. Avatar should be a fun one too

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soup du Jour posted:

I’m a little annoyed that we’re only getting two true christmas movies on the main feed (The Santa Clause is right there) but man A Christmas Prince is one of my favorites for real netflix/hallmark dreck. started a long tradition of watching these dogshit movies with my stepsister and hooting at how dumb all the characters are. Avatar should be a fun one too

Technically Avatar came out around Christmas time back in whatever year that was, even if it really isn't a Christmas movie.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
That's a great schedule. Avatar rules, and I'll take any excuse to watch True Lies. I wonder if they're going to continue with the Macauley-less Home Alone sequels.

Pops Mgee posted:

They are gonna work so blue on that commentary. Bone juice, toilet ghosts, little elf freaks! Cant wait.

Chamber of Secrets is *way* too comfortable with slavery and in-universe racial slurs being thrown around everywhere.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I have now seen Dogtooth, my understanding of WHM reference gags has improved by 8%

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Hopefully it was an easier watch than Happiness because that film was a real cold steak kind of motion picture and frankly it's a little messed up that the WHM guys would make jokes about it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Avatar sucks and im not looking forward to some if not all the boys jerkin' off cameron for 90 minutes.

it shouldnt take that long to cum, but you know old Jim. Always gotta take the long walk around the block.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

dorium posted:

Avatar sucks and im not looking forward to some if not all the boys jerkin' off cameron for 90 minutes.

it shouldnt take that long to cum, but you know old Jim. Always gotta take the long walk around the block.

November is WLM month now. Avatar is gonna be in the H feed so to speak.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yeah, True Lies is the James Cameron WLM to counterpoint them making GBS threads on Avatar.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

And you know at least an hour of the True Lies episode is gonna be about the horse

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Looking forward to an extended thrashing of THAT cameo in Home Alone 2.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Home Alone 2 rules and I watch it every year at Christmas time. #1 was a WLM last year. Wondering why this one's in the H feed.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, True Lies is the James Cameron WLM to counterpoint them making GBS threads on Avatar.

True

Rageaholic posted:

Home Alone 2 rules and I watch it every year at Christmas time. #1 was a WLM last year. Wondering why this one's in the H feed.

I think its fairly agreed upon the second one, while entertaining isnt the best of the two (but is at least not as bad as the subsequent 4 (?) other sequels). That cameo not counting against the quality of the picture is a black mark on an other wise Good but not Great movie like Home Alone 1 is.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Thanks to this podcast, not gonna lie, every time I stub my toe or spill my bong I say "god dammit" and then back up and do it in WIlfred Brimley's voice - sometimes with teh Cajun accent - and it always makes me feel better about my situation.

Gawd Domm It

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Also, how many Steven Seagal episodes have they done? I've found two and need more

TIA

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Cabin is right. More people need to see Windy City Heat.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, how many Steven Seagal episodes have they done? I've found two and need more

TIA

On Deadly Ground, Hard to Kill and both Unders Siege. I believe that is it.

But Seagal is such a shithead he comes up all the time.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

dorium posted:

True

I think its fairly agreed upon the second one, while entertaining isnt the best of the two (but is at least not as bad as the subsequent 4 (?) other sequels). That cameo not counting against the quality of the picture is a black mark on an other wise Good but not Great movie like Home Alone 1 is.
It also just has such an awful finale. Like you could imagine the movie ending with Kevin having to trap them in the actual toy store, or have a convergence of plots where Tim Curry is also getting dunked on by Kevin's pranks. But they instead shoehorn in an almost nonsequitur setting to do a shittier version of the last movie.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

On Deadly Ground, Hard to Kill and both Unders Siege. I believe that is it.

But Seagal is such a shithead he comes up all the time.

Yeah I think that's it thus far. On Deadly Ground is a live episode from the early days and sounds like it was recorded on a wax cylinder so, sound quality warning.

Every Listener Request Month I'm tempted to call in some terrible post-2000 Seagal like Submerged but the problem is all of those are boring as gently caress.

Though Submerged has Vinnie Jones so that might be worth it.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

The best bit of WHM Segal trivia was a mailbag story about a listener meeting him as a nine year old and Segal bending over and telling him to gently caress off.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Speaking of Segal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCMTpJx2cs

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

If you search the wiki you can find other episodes where the guys did impressions of Seagal, but special mention must be made of the ep on Jungle 2 Jungle and "The Ex-Pats" with Steven Seagal, Gerard Depardieu and Edward Snowden.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

For some reason I thought they'd done a lot more Segal episodes and, man, I didn't even know that Under Siege 2 existed.

How does that work I wonder?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

BiggerBoat posted:

For some reason I thought they'd done a lot more Segal episodes and, man, I didn't even know that Under Siege 2 existed.

How does that work I wonder?

Not very well. It's on a train.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Fezz posted:

Not very well. It's on a train.

With Eric Bogosian as the villain.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

SilentChaz posted:

If you search the wiki you can find other episodes where the guys did impressions of Seagal, but special mention must be made of the ep on Jungle 2 Jungle and "The Ex-Pats" with Steven Seagal, Gerard Depardieu and Edward Snowden.

This is probably my favourite bits they have done, crying laughing when I first heard it, only one that rivals it is President Nerd.
"Listen to me you fat french gently caress!"

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

With Eric Bogosian as the villain.

There’s an episode of Miami Vice where he plays a biker-punk involved with a bunch of boxing promoting, drug dealing Santeros, and it’s a startling performance.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

Drint Blasters posted:

This is probably my favourite bits they have done, crying laughing when I first heard it, only one that rivals it is President Nerd.
"Listen to me you fat french gently caress!"

This is the bit if anyone want to relive that moment :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Wlkr6rUgA

Another good Seagal bit is KIRBY Seagal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLyifCb7U0

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1601412073824845824?s=20&t=jkbdQncnUPETd5NbplV4rg

God, this makes me want the gang to add "occasionally we'll post our watching notes" as a Walsh tier Patreon reward. I like it as a peek behind the curtain but they're just good isolated goofs too..

Sick DYLAN Not

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

-DONNA... the worst/work/worn/wonn

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Really making me feel good about my technically legible chicken scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
A one-star Letterbox review from Eric of a certain Tim Allen Christmas movie heralds good times for December…(no it’s not *that* one).