Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

This is one of my favorite older episodes, I've listened to it many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I hope Nukie ends up as a recap episode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Next week jaws revenge or speed 2?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Was Halloween 3 last year? Cause if not, that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

Was Halloween 3 last year? Cause if not, that.

Last year was Return of Endor, Roocky 4, A new beginning, Tuff Turf!, and Invisible Child.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

Next week jaws revenge or speed 2?

I hope it's Speed 2.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

MariusLecter posted:

I hope it's Speed 2.

Wait, they did a Speed 2 episode?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This was my first time listening to the Pipi Longstockings episode; her laughter in that clip where she reveals she has a gun is loving bone chilling.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

kalensc posted:

Wait, they did a Speed 2 episode?

I was hoping they would. I think I read this conversation wrong.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

HDTGM did Speed 2, not WHM.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

HDTGM did Speed 2, not WHM.

I don't know why I thought they did Speed 2.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Is it going to be K-911? I remember that being a totally superfluous movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

This was my first time listening to the Pipi Longstockings episode; her laughter in that clip where she reveals she has a gun is loving bone chilling.

Pippi is a menace

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Pippi is a menace

Strong as 10 policemen!!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Pippi Longstocking was a weird timewarp for me growing up because when I was really little I watched the 1969 Swedish movie and its sequels, then the American New Adventure of Pippi Longstockings remake came out, and then later still in 1997 there was another attempt at rebooting it as an animated musical.

And somehow I never actually managed to read the books.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Listening to Easy Rider: The Ride Back and just loving that Chris hasn't expressed a thought at an emotional pitch below "barely-restrained violence" the entire time

~*~missin u already #iheartcrabin~*~

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
WHM is responsible for getting the theme songs of Pippi Longstocking and Every Which Way But Loose permanently stuck in my head, despite never having seen either.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This gem often enters my head around the holidays thanks to the podcast. (I can't be the only one. There's a subtle WHM reference in that video's description.)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

How is "not your momma's ~" a WHM reference and not just a thing people have said since before podcasts existed?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

TetsuoTW posted:

How is "not your momma's ~" a WHM reference and not just a thing people have said since before podcasts existed?

Because the person you quoted simply hadn't heard it used much prior to WHM.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
WHM never did Santa Claus: The Movie from the 80s, have they? Because I've never watched One Magic Christmas but SC:TM always came off as super creepy holiday film to me, for some reason. A Christmas where we're sort of left to assume the main badguy has accidentally killed himself into space.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I got drunk at a party and called in a second listener request tonight :tipshat: Sorry to whoever checks the voicemail

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 8, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue episode is an underrated gem. The Alf impressions are amazing.

"Hey I got something REEEEEEEEEEEAL messed up to show ya! A dead clown! Then I'll tell ya all about Heinric Himmler!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gold Jonesey gold!

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 11, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
The story about the Diablo player named PoopJuice popped into my head today and I started laughing and had to explain it to my husband. I probably looked a drat fool!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Next week is 100% 8 Crazy Nights

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Next week is 100% 8 Crazy Nights

My guess was Judge Dredd, but that's only because I totally forgot they did 8 Crazy Nights.

Speaking of foggy memories, does anyone remember which episode it is where Steve (I think it was Steve) keeps making jokes about Stone Cold Steve Austin running into random scenes? I was talking with my friend about old wrestling memories the other night and I kept thinking of that gag but I can't remember when it came up.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
It was Jingle All the Way 2 - A WWE Production

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

PUGGERNAUT posted:

The story about the Diablo player named PoopJuice popped into my head today and I started laughing and had to explain it to my husband. I probably looked a drat fool!

That's SIR_POOPJUICE to you, buster.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Unnamed One posted:

Oh man, I forgot about that episode entirely. Thanks.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

The Unnamed One posted:

A world where glass is broken all over the place and stunners lurk behind every corner....

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
On the long ride back from Vegas, I introduced my friends to the Mortal Kombat and TMNT II Episodes. Everybody was losing it when Raiden started describing the resort amenities.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I think you mean Triumph describing the resort amenities. :colbert:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

AlliedBiscuit posted:

On the long ride back from Vegas, I introduced my friends to the Mortal Kombat and TMNT II Episodes. Everybody was losing it when Raiden started describing the resort amenities.

Eheheheheeee...

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

It'll have you saying, "get over here!"

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
WHM's ads have never been great but having them shill for a legally dubious taxi service using ad copy that sounds like it was lifted from an MLM handbook is pretty drat skeezy.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Sleeveless posted:

WHM's ads have never been great but having them shill for a legally dubious taxi service using ad copy that sounds like it was lifted from an MLM handbook is pretty drat skeezy.

Yeah, the barely disguised "they love working for themselves and not being classified as employees!" poo poo is super icky as far as ad copy goes

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Gilbert's podcast has been using the same Uber copy. Must be a Sideshow thing .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Yeah, the Harry's stuff was at least presented with a bit of humor, but the Uber commercials have an odd Stepfordian feel to them.