Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Anyway the episode was good. There were so many good jokes! The jokes just kept coming...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Definitely an all time instant classic.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I actually like the movie (I’m a sucker for Christmas movies, and yes I know Christmas doesn’t come up, but it’s a Christmas Carol adaptation clearly set around winter, fight me) because I think the two leads bring it and are super charming with each other. But yeah, the guys are not wrong about any of their criticisms. The first hour is rough due to how much of an rear end in a top hat Connor is.

Seriously though, I think this is the secret beginning of the McConaissance, because yes it’s a silly romantic comedy, but he is really acting his heart out, as opposed to garbage like Fool’s Gold and Failure to Launch. His “What if she died...” speech at the end gets me every time.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I haven’t listened to the episode yet, but it’s probably dynamic ad insertion for files hosted by headgum. The WHM ad reads are likely in the audio file and then the server dynamically inserts ads as well. If the website hosts the files separately than how they are served in the podcast feed then those wouldn’t have the dynamic ads.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lot of ad negging going on around here.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Soup du Jour posted:

Hey WHM patrons you better vote for Independence Day as the next commentary

I think you mean X-men (2000) because of the opportunity for more Patrick Stewart impressions. :colbert:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I think you mean X-men (2000) because of the opportunity for more Patrick Stewart impressions. :colbert:

Or perhaps David Hayter Snake impressions!

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

I introduced a friend to WHM and we've been doing the Stan Lee impressions to each other.

"I was smoking a jay..."

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

This was my choice too and the only correct answer. I hated the twighlight poo poo, sorry.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I need the last Twilight movie for completion sake but I know they'll get to it eventually so I went with ID4.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The last Twilight movie is a straight up acid trip, but I don't think it's fair to inflict two in a row on them.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I recently upped to the $8 tier to check out the Nexus and the second episode ends with the slash fiction about Data's butthole and Picard being his foster-dad who's going to teach him how to wipe and I just don't know what I've gotten myself into :cry:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

jojoinnit posted:

I recently upped to the $8 tier to check out the Nexus and the second episode ends with the slash fiction about Data's butthole and Picard being his foster-dad who's going to teach him how to wipe and I just don't know what I've gotten myself into :cry:

You basically just paid to look behind the beaded curtain of a seedy video store.

Welcome.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

You got your money's worth and then some, that's what.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Podcast networks that automatically insert ads on the server side will also insert different ads or no ads at all depending on what region the downloader is in. I didn’t get any ads but I figured that’s because I’m in Britain and the ads were targeted at yanks or w/e

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I feel like every 100 pages or so this thread has the ad discussion.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

I feel like every 100 pages or so this thread has the ad discussion.

This one was just, as said earlier, really jarring. No lead in, no music, nothing, just suddenly a totally different person was talking about murder photos.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The "Connor Mead is a horrific sexual deviant" jokes in this episode are amazing

"Just ignore that dog"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1131384005356605440

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What was the last OS that wasn't a superhero film?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Uhh I think Ocean's 8?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GrandpaPants posted:

What was the last OS that wasn't a superhero film?

Solo?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If Andrew's dog doesn't guest on the John Wick OS then they hosed up real bad.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Look what's coming out soon

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1131736947108524032

Audio AND video versions of the On Screen for GoT

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

TTBF posted:

Look what's coming out soon

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1131736947108524032

Audio AND video versions of the On Screen for GoT

They were overall quite positive about S7, while acknowledging the decline in writing and increased convenience of travel times and whatnot. I'm keen to see what they thought of S8 (and if Jupin watched it all or just the final 2).

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I look forward to Cabin during the OS.

https://twitter.com/Crabin/status/1130473135877132289

e: ah and there it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ebeszrO6u8

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 24, 2019

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Goober has greyscale bro!

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Chris Cabin coming in with the correct take.

Curious what the rest of the guys think, they often fawn over terrible things during On Screen.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just Chamber posted:

Chris Cabin coming in with the correct take.

Curious what the rest of the guys think, they often fawn over terrible things during On Screen.

Hey gently caress you Spiderman

Go yankees

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't have tweetbook, but can someone let Steve know that the director of Jason Goes to Hell is legit making a movie about Creighton Duke, aka Jason's Van Helsing?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Firstborn posted:

I don't have tweetbook, but can someone let Steve know that the director of Jason Goes to Hell is legit making a movie about Creighton Duke, aka Jason's Van Helsing?
Is it going to be about how he got a degree in Jasonology?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Firstborn posted:

What’s up with this? I can’t find any info on it.

I did see there is a documentary about Jason Goes To Hell coming out. Should be interesting, but I don’t know what else they can do that’s better than that eight hour documentary that came out a few years ago.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Creighton Duke is a legitimately good character that JGTH didn't do enough with, but at this point you should probably just adapt Hack/Slash and build it up to a Jason crossover.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gyges posted:

If Andrew's dog doesn't guest on the John Wick OS then they hosed up real bad.

Super hosed up.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

“Let me pump my little maggot in ya.”

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The WHM Apartment Stories Podcast is the best.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Still, to this day, working on that Ducati bike

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

eyyy i'm not hercules here!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I’d pay for a Patreon tier of this, the Ducati bike bit keeps cracking me up a day later.

But then again, the boys ain’t Hercules here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

“Let me pump my little maggot in ya.”

Cabin delivers.