Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that.

Same also have no memory of the kkk opening despite seeing this movie at least 50 times. Guess they've all been cable viewings where I turned it on 15 minutes in. What the gently caress is that doing in the movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Forrest Gump But It's Nick Nolte had me rolling. So loving good.

Pops Mgee posted:

Same also have no memory of the kkk opening despite seeing this movie at least 50 times. Guess they've all been cable viewings where I turned it on 15 minutes in. What the gently caress is that doing in the movie?

I've definitely seen this movie more times than I can count, but always on cable, and I also have no recollection of that scene. Does it just get edited out?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I've definitely seen this movie more times than I can count, but always on cable, and I also have no recollection of that scene. Does it just get edited out?

It's in the very beginning, so you've likely tuned into it about 30 seconds too late.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

While listening to the Gump episode and just remembering the movie, was it basically Family Guy for boomers in the sense that they just namedropped recognizable things without saying anything else about it? Like I really can't think of what the movie was trying to say. Even the "romance" aspect only crops up occasionally, so you can't even really call it a romance movie.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Audio of me listening to the Ugly Truth episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa5NQfH-5II

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 10, 2019

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I watch a lot of movies so I've usually seen whatever they're covering in a given week.

Ugly Truth is one of the very few episodes in which I've never seen the movie, nor can I remember even hearing about it, but somehow it made $200M.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I remember it mostly for getting terrible reviews and ending up on a bunch of year end “worst movies” lists. Had no idea it was that successful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The only thing I remember about The Ugly Truth is the poster. Butler's smug rear end look as he hold a heart over his crotch is burned into my memory for some reason.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose Oquendo posted:

I watch a lot of movies so I've usually seen whatever they're covering in a given week.

Ugly Truth is one of the very few episodes in which I've never seen the movie, nor can I remember even hearing about it, but somehow it made $200M.

This was a weird episode for me because I felt the same way when it came across my feed. Then the entire epside was non stop, "wait, I remember that."

So apparently I have seen Ugly Truth, but had blocked it out

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Eric's Zapruder Tape of the humping at the end was simply the best.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Andrew’s a snitch

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I know it shouldn't bother me. I know. Really, I do know.

But drat, did the mispronunciations in the latest Gleep Glossary bug the poo poo out of me. That's not how you say Xizor, dammit.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

thrawn527 posted:

I know it shouldn't bother me. I know. Really, I do know.

But drat, did the mispronunciations in the latest Gleep Glossary bug the poo poo out of me. That's not how you say Xizor, dammit.

Psy Zore?

Scissor?

Kai Zer?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

*Expounded Universe-ly* sheeee-zooor

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MariusLecter posted:

Psy Zore?

Scissor?

Kai Zer?

It's pronounced the way "x"s are in Chinese. With a "shh" sound

Well I assume not quite that way because the x in English transliteration of Chinese represents a sound that does not exist in English but "sh" is close enough

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

thrawn527 posted:

That's not how you say Xizor, dammit.

Next you'll be telling us they're called parademons.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's pronounced the way "x"s are in Chinese. With a "shh" sound

Well I assume not quite that way because the x in English transliteration of Chinese represents a sound that does not exist in English but "sh" is close enough

Ma! Get over here!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Ma! Get over here!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Eric Szysca, "Dormammu, I've come to negotiate."

Actual, Dr Strange dialogue, "Dormammu, I've come to bargain."

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”
Which episode originated the Keanu Reeves/ Brian bit?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dukket posted:

Which episode originated the Keanu Reeves/ Brian bit?

The Watcher, based on the story that Keanu Reeves didn't want to do the movie but had to because his friend/roommate had forged his signature on a contract for the role, leading to the creation of Brian.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Brian and the Trickster’s asssitant Jeremy have probably swapped a few stories at Muldoon’s.

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”

Angry_Ed posted:

The Watcher, based on the story that Keanu Reeves didn't want to do the movie but had to because his friend/roommate had forged his signature on a contract for the role, leading to the creation of Brian.

Thank you, I remember it being really funny, but could not remember the episode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There are no battleships in the Navy. Why do you make my bad brain activate like this?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1151835527504629761

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I’m not calling Andrew a liar, but I am surprised it took us this long to hear this story.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
These guys need to read a loving comic book because the lizard's appearance in ASM is based on his original issue appearance with the more humanoid face

Mom!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Calling it now, Rutger Hauer is going to get Farina'd.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Calling it now, Rutger Hauer is going to get Farina'd.

I'll disagree since the tears in rain speech is way easy to pull and edit in the montage, so his moment doesn't require going through his oeuvre.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
They're actually planning on using a sceen from Hobo With a Shotgun.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I gave this podcast a try this week, and now I hate all other podcasts. This poo poo is so funny that I'm starting to suspect I have been faking mirth up until this point.

I listened to The Ugly Truth episode yesterday at work and I had to spend most of the time with my mouth covered and my body shaking, I was laughing so much.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I gave this podcast a try this week, and now I hate all other podcasts. This poo poo is so funny that I'm starting to suspect I have been faking mirth up until this point.

I listened to The Ugly Truth episode yesterday at work and I had to spend most of the time with my mouth covered and my body shaking, I was laughing so much.

Godzilla, Addicted to Love, Hard Target if you want to guffaw hard
Easy Rider: the ride back and North if you want genuinely good film analysis
Blame it on Rio and Ghosts Can’t Do It and my dad the hero if you never, ever want to stop screaming

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Godzilla, Addicted to Love, Hard Target if you want to guffaw hard
Easy Rider: the ride back and North if you want genuinely good film analysis
Blame it on Rio and Ghosts Can’t Do It and my dad the hero if you never, ever want to stop screaming

Hell yes. Thank you so much.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Hell yes. Thank you so much.

Silver Bullet and Hot to Trot are episodes of note as well. Not to mention Cyber Seduction: his secret life.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Traces of Red for hot Belushi action and dominos pizza insurance

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The Devil's Advocate is a great episode.

EDDIE BARZOON..

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The episode that gave me your experience was Dracula 2000. High recommends for Mrs. Doubtfire and Mortal Kombat.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Related, Anyone remember the episode where Andrew Jupin says the phrase "Fat Guy Shimmy" to describe someone dancing? . For some reason that has been stuck in my head for the longest time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Star Trek V episode had me laughing so hard I almost had to pull over while driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Also their patreon is super worth it all the way to the $8 tier