Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I will again request Nightbreed because that would make a fun a episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm probably calling in Antz again this year because i forgot the other, much better request I had thought up months ago.

I remember liking Antz as a kid. I bet it aged poorly and not just because of Woody Allen.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
Ooh, we need to request Mountain Thyme. Christopher Walken with an Irish accent and a completely insane twist at the end.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’ve been calling in Vibratons since like the first LRM

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Requesting Exit to Eden cause it holds a special place in my memory for the first movie I saw boobs in with my parents at a very young age.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ok, watched Fantasy Island before listening to the episode. What in the gently caress was that movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

dorium posted:

ok, watched Fantasy Island before listening to the episode. What in the gently caress was that movie.

One of the reviews when it came out speculated they had a lot of unused scripts/drafts of the movie and they just kinda threw them all in.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Vosgian Beast posted:

One of the reviews when it came out speculated they had a lot of unused scripts/drafts of the movie and they just kinda threw them all in.

that's what it really felt like. like someone started a final destination film, but then they got bored and asked around if anyone had anything to contribute and just sent it around to 30 of their screenwriter friends and just let them throw something on top on each iteration.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I called in and requested The Stand (1994). It's six hours long.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The most shocking thing about Fantasy Island is that Nic Cage turned down a role (per the Tribune). I didn't think that was possible.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Tato posted:

The most shocking thing about Fantasy Island is that Nic Cage turned down a role (per the Tribune). I didn't think that was possible.

Nic Cage has taste alright.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I could have sworn the guys had done an episode on the 1997 Matthieu and Lemmon joint, Out to Sea, but I went to double check and now I can't find it and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills cause I feel I can remember the ep down to the impressions :confused:

Anyway it was a family staple and I'm requesting it as a wildcard pick.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

jojoinnit posted:

I could have sworn the guys had done an episode on the 1997 Matthieu and Lemmon joint, Out to Sea, but I went to double check and now I can't find it and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills cause I feel I can remember the ep down to the impressions :confused:

Anyway it was a family staple and I'm requesting it as a wildcard pick.

I think it was Grumpy Old Men. You may be confusing it with Going FIshin, which I think they also did and I can see mixing those up.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm gonna keep requesting Paradise Alley because Sly Stallone sings the theme song.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Gonna suggest Strange Magic because gently caress it.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Might call in with a childhood favourite, Kangaroo Jack

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I wrote in a WLM for Speed Racer. Haven't decided what to call in for WHM.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm probably calling in Antz again this year because i forgot the other, much better request I had thought up months ago.

Antz is going to be my new go-to now that they've done my former go-to, Cool World. But also going to keep requesting Who Framed Roger Rabbit? as my WLM pick.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Might call in Safe House, where Patrick Stewart is an ex-DIA agent with Alzheimer's. I dunno whether to call it in as WHM or WLM but there's a scene where he's screaming and shooting at gophers on his lawn and I know for a fact the boys would love that.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm thinking about Clerks for WLM because there is still enough dumb poo poo in it where it can be just 2 hours of Kevin Smith jokes.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'll have to think of another WLM as I learned this year that none of the guys have seen Flash Gordon :(

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I need to remember to call in this year with Revolver

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

requested dario argento's phenomena because i wanna hear them riff on donald pleasance being best friends with a monkey

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

BiggerBoat posted:

I think it was Grumpy Old Men. You may be confusing it with Going FIshin, which I think they also did and I can see mixing those up.

I just searched and the only result for Walter Matthau at all is My Fellow Americans so now I'm just giving up. I guess there was an episode that had a lot of Walter Matthau impressions and my brain filed it away incorrectly. \:shobon:/

Lemon posted:

I need to remember to call in this year with Revolver

I assume a whm? I haven't seen that in years but I remember liking it. I wonder if Lock Stock or Snatch would be a wlm for them? It's hard to tell what the standards are for the feed but worth a shot.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Time to try my perennial call again - Dead Man on Campus for WHM. I swear one of these days they’re going to pick this post-SBTB Mark-Paul Gossier masterpiece, where he tries so hard to be the opposite of Zach. Plus it has half the cast of Freaks and Geeks and How I Met Your Mother before they were famous...

And I’m down for flooding the WLM requests for Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I emailed in:

"Night of the Hunter" for WLM
"Far Beyond the Stars" for the Nexus
"The Highflying Adventures of Santa Bear" for Animation Damnation

Not sure about we We Love Movies and am indifferent to Gleep Glossary as much as I like listening to it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

It's "God Told Me To"'s year I CAN FEEL IT

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I watched Fantasy Island since Andrew said you should really watch it before listening to the podcast. Holy poo poo that movie was hilarious. If only it was a comedy. That movie is straight up loving nuts.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m calling in The Parent Trap (1998) because I love it while also recognizing that it’s totally bonkers. Plus all the Nancy Meyers houses!

WLM I’m unsure on. Maybe Spirited Away or Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’m calling in DC Cab because I want more Busey.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

thrawn527 posted:

I watched Fantasy Island since Andrew said you should really watch it before listening to the podcast. Holy poo poo that movie was hilarious. If only it was a comedy. That movie is straight up loving nuts.

It wasn't a comedy? I didn't see it but I assumed it was one of those yuck it up homages like 21 Jump Street or Starsky and Hutch. Did they really play it straight or were you being sarcastic?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Is it on streaming anywhere, or do I need to rent it?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

jojoinnit posted:

I assume a whm? I haven't seen that in years but I remember liking it. I wonder if Lock Stock or Snatch would be a wlm for them? It's hard to tell what the standards are for the feed but worth a shot.

I just remember it mostly being an insane mess. Enjoyable enough to watch, though!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Where are you guys getting the details for LRM? On twitter they said it'd be at the top of this last episode but unless I somehow missed it, it wasn't?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BiggerBoat posted:

It wasn't a comedy? I didn't see it but I assumed it was one of those yuck it up homages like 21 Jump Street or Starsky and Hutch. Did they really play it straight or were you being sarcastic?

No it is attempting to be a horror movie though there's a bit buried inside of it that is a yuck it up homage, just as there is two separate weepy SF melodramas, a Saw knock-off, and an adventure movie. Fantasy Island is large, it contains multitudes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BiggerBoat posted:

Mostly it’s not a comedy. The guys talk about this, but one plot line could have been a comedy movie, but it’s one of like four movies going on at the same time. It’s a big mess of a movie, but overall it’s going for horror, in the vein of Saw or Hostel. And it’s a huge swing and a miss.

Iron Crowned posted:

Is it on streaming anywhere, or do I need to rent it?

Starz exclusive at the moment. Other than that you’d have to buy it. Eric said it was $12.99 at the moment.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Andorra posted:

Where are you guys getting the details for LRM? On twitter they said it'd be at the top of this last episode but unless I somehow missed it, it wasn't?
Gotta fork over that sweet Patreon money homes.

Honestly it's really, really worth it. They have so much poo poo.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Andorra posted:

I definitely heard an ad read for LRM at the top of the fantasy island episode.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I renounce my weesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

I definitely heard an ad read for LRM at the top of the fantasy island episode.

Ok weird, on the art19 site that I normally get them from the episode has the old announcement for the Terminator live show at the beginning, but trying somewhere else it's the LRM ad. Thanks.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Gotta fork over that sweet Patreon money homes.

Honestly it's really, really worth it. They have so much poo poo.

This show's Patreon tempts me more than any other patreon does. I almost want to just so I can request Sub Rosa for the Nexus.