Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

jojoinnit posted:

Dang but today is a veritable bounty of movie content. :woop:

lol I can’t believe you listen to 2F2F thats my friend’s show and I’ve been on it. Just weird and awesome to know they’re getting out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

101 Dalmatians is one of the best episodes of the year, I was rolling the entire time

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Soup du Jour posted:

101 Dalmatians is one of the best episodes of the year, I was rolling the entire time

I listened to it twice, it's fantastic. I am definitely using the phrase "weak missionary" now

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Jesus Christ the Tom Six/Alec Baldwin impressions had me rolling. I can totally see the human centipede guy making a movie called Dead Hooker Anthology. Holy poo poo even typing that out I'm laughing. Episode of the drat decade. Plus we've even got a Lambert sighting! ehhehehehehehehe

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I usually can hold it together, but this one definitely had me rolling in my cube during the Midsommar bit.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The nanny tracking periods and dog sex absolutely murdered me. Instant classic episode.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1400266349688111104

gently caress yes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

oooh I got good memories watching the sex scene multiple times through the window while working in a movie theater. not because I wanted to keep watching, it just seems like whenever I looked it was that one scene.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GoutPatrol posted:

oooh I got good memories watching the sex scene multiple times through the window while working in a movie theater. not because I wanted to keep watching, it just seems like whenever I looked it was that one scene.

Lies. Everyone working at the theater knows when the good parts are. We used to fight over who got to do a theater check on Titanic.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It’s one of the least hot sex scenes ever put on film. It rules.

Also I mix it up with Eastern Promises constantly. Which one do you see Viggo’s honkin donger in?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

weekly font posted:

It’s one of the least hot sex scenes ever put on film. It rules.

Also I mix it up with Eastern Promises constantly. Which one do you see Viggo’s honkin donger in?

Eastern Promises.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

BDD

Episode 550 — 101 Dalmatians (1996)

Episode 551 — The Prophecy

Episode 552 — Jonah Hex

Episode 553 — Fast Five with Jon Gabrus

Episode 554 — Wild Things with Angelica Jade Bastién

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — A History of Violence

Animation Damnation — DC Showcase: Green Arrow & DC Showcase: Jonah Hex

The Nexus: TOS: "Patterns of Force (s1 e21) TNG: "The Survivors" (s3, e3)

Gleep Glossary: Ken

Melr0210: 90210: "Summer Storm" (s2, e3) Melrose Place: "My New Partner" (s1, e23)

Once In a Lifeftime: Death of a Cheerleader (1994)

Quarterly Synchable Commentary: Jackass: The Movie

Very hyped for the commentary.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Episode 554 with the guest is going to be magical.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

thrawn527 posted:

:emptyquote:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

No way I'm wookiepedia-ing it but I'm absolutely howling at the name of the Gleep Glossary character.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

thrawn527 posted:

Horny is NOT prohibited.

Also, god I hope 553 is a WLM all around.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I loved History of Violence and that movie is forever tied to memories of me working at Hollywood Video. It has been a very long time since I've seen it though, I should probably give it a re-watch before their episode.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Iron Crowned posted:

Lies. Everyone working at the theater knows when the good parts are. We used to fight over who got to do a theater check on Titanic.

Then how come I kept showing up at the worst parts of The Family Stone?

which is all of it

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Cael posted:

Horny is NOT prohibited.

Like even the worst parts of the movie are just so dumb they’re enjoyable, it’s the best of the entire series and the peak.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Jon Gabrus is the worst guest they've ever had. Not looking forward to him returning.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

clown shoes posted:

Jon Gabrus is the worst guest they've ever had. Not looking forward to him returning.

I generally enjoy Gabrus on his own podcast (though I always need to smash fast forward through his awful intro) and was excited to see him showing up to discuss this on WHM. What episode was he on previously? Does his dynamic not work with the guys?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

He was on Die Hard with a Vengeance. It was a funny ep but one of the hardest to follow, they really went around in circles sometimes.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Cael posted:

dorium posted:

Like even the worst parts of the movie are just so dumb they’re enjoyable, it’s the best of the entire series and the peak.

That movie rules. It's 2 hours of extremely jacked guys yelling at each other, and then one of the greatest action movie set-pieces I've ever seen. I seem to remember the first Fast and Furious being a light recommend from most of the WHM gang, so I assume this will be, too?

GoutPatrol posted:

He was on Die Hard with a Vengeance. It was a funny ep but one of the hardest to follow, they really went around in circles sometimes.

Gabrus was also on the episode of Blank Check where they discussed Michael Mann's Heat. He had a lot to discuss and his enthusiasm was infectious, but it did end up being 3 hours long.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Goddamn new intro music on Once in a Lifetime is smooth as gently caress

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Gabrus was also on the episode of Blank Check where they discussed Michael Mann's Heat. He had a lot to discuss and his enthusiasm was infectious, but it did end up being 3 hours long.

I don't specifically remember his appearance, but long (2+ hour) episodes are a point of pride on Blank Check to the point that some guests will note if they're getting close.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Gabrus rules, such an enthusiastic guy about everything. Big galoot energy.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm not watching any of these other acts on this FRQNCY show, but I'm glad I'm catching this Beyond Thunderdome episode.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

thrawn527 posted:

:sickos:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Dbrasco37/status/1401289798459985933?s=20

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Episode 554 — Wild Things with Angelica Jade Bastién - I suspect this will be a long group march into horny jail . Cant wait!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This 101 Dalmatians ep is an all timer, my God.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 6, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

This 101 Dalmatians is an all timer, my God.

It really goes places.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
" The Prophecy " was not what I thought its gonna be, I had very vivid childhood memory of the movie involving a mutant bear, and all I got was a delightful mutant Walken crashing into a very 90's spiritual thriller and saving it .

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That's the movie "Prophecy" which features this all time scene:

The Prophecy is much more enjoyable, the sequels less so.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

duz posted:

That's the movie "Prophecy" which features this all time scene:

The Prophecy is much more enjoyable, the sequels less so.

This has been my request pick for awhile now. It's just a strange movie and I think the boys would have some fun with it.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Me any time I see The Prophecy in the channel guide:

“Oh, hey, The Prophecy!

Oh, right, The Prophecy…”

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1402303029534134278
Lmao

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I saw The Prophecy in theaters when it came out, stone cold sober and I had very little idea of what was going on in that movie beyond thinking Viggo Mortensen was hot as hell as Lucifer and Elias Koteas was kinda cute, too.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Catholic and up, only!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Modern Leper posted:

Catholic and up, only!

I really wanna know if Greek Orthodox ranks above or below