Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GrandpaPants posted:

That's a shame because that show was great. People deserve to hear Eric's story about looking outside his hotel window and making eye contact with someone jerking off in their room. Welcome to San Francisco.

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1663576793222135808?s=20

He's not wrong, and I know it's not their fault, but it's not like I was gonna fly across the country for a live podcast recording, and they've never come even remotely close to me, so this definitely sucks.

I'm hoping the Birdcage episode will be available at some point. It doesn't have to be soon, I can be patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re kinda bad about their live show stuff. Like I get being exclusive for attendance but being so secretive about when live shows will come out if ever is fuckin bad and weird. Ticket sales aren’t gonna suffer just because you’ll be able to listen to it later.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
I’ve been tending to skip the live stuff. I don’t really like live shows of podcasts in general because they are usually much more loud and over the top (as you should be) but it doesn’t translate well for me to just audio. Lord help you if the show is using a visual aid on stage, it becomes harder to follow along

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

GrandpaPants posted:

That's a shame because that show was great. People deserve to hear Eric's story about looking outside his hotel window and making eye contact with someone jerking off in their room. Welcome to San Francisco.

It looks like they have plans to include that story if they ever re-do it as an in-studio episode:

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1663682339572969474

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

thrawn527 posted:

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1663576793222135808?s=20

He's not wrong, and I know it's not their fault, but it's not like I was gonna fly across the country for a live podcast recording, and they've never come even remotely close to me, so this definitely sucks.

I'm hoping the Birdcage episode will be available at some point. It doesn't have to be soon, I can be patient.

I got sick before the national treasure episode in Philly that was lost and I will never forgive my dumb immune system since that one was lost

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

On that note if anyone has a lead on extra tickets for that birdcage show hit me up thanks

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

It's about drat time
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1664398931084685316?s=20

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Just finished it, one of those few WLM eps I stick around for. It's great, much like the movie. Goddamn do I love that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGN0LuEXBYY

The imagery coupled with the music just seals this as the best ending of a movie I know.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Last Crusade feels like it retreads a lot of stuff from Raiders. But Connery and Ford are so loving good together it elevates the movie to a 10/10. It's unreal how good their chemistry is on -screen.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I think it was Steve who said that Raiders is clearly the superior movie but Last Crusade is incredibly watchable and I agree with that. Raiders is almost perfect in my books, one of my absolute favourites. This one isn't quite there but man is it a good time. I do love it dearly.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
God, I love Last Crusade. The library scene is one of my favorite things in a movie I've ever seen. It still makes me laugh.

There are some cringey moments - the "HEY REMEMBER THIS THING??" with the painting of the Ark on the catacombs wall screams George Lucas intervention. And Ford's "Ahhhhh, Venice" line that he probably did really poorly hoping it wouldn't make the final cut.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Just rewatched the library scene and I forgot how funny that gag was. The guy really is playing it like an old Chaplin gag and it absolutely works.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I saw Last Crusade in the theater and it owned super hard. Haven't seen it in a while though hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I watched Raiders and Last Crusade back to back a couple months ago, not having seen the latter in quite a few years, which was a bit of a mistake since it really showed how much of Last Crusade was just the first movie again except cornier. Still enjoyable but not "Almost as good as Raiders" as I remembered.

I did notice though that Marcus Brody clearly got brain damage from getting knocked out in the library, because he acts like he did in the first film until then and afterward he's a bumbling moron.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

gonna go pour myself a heaping glass of skeleton juice

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Listened to the Saw 4 show and even though I did not watch any of those movies and have no will to, I would love to hear more of “Content Creator Jigsaw”

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Time to reveal my great shame :
" Temple " is my favorite Indy movie .
Its probably the least " well made " amongst them, probably the most sloppy and tonally inconsistent, but Its a breath taking thrill ride like no other . its start with a 40 minutes non stop action, take a 30 minutes of weird horror/comedy break, then another 30 of non stop action to finish it off.

But RAIDERS is as perfect of an adventure movie as ever was

admataY fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 5, 2023

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I agree with most of the WHM crew that Raiders is the better movie but Last Crusade is the most fun and my favorite.

And re: Sean Connery being 12 years older than Harrison Ford, I don't know if it's a generational thing or a Connery thing but he's always looked older than his age (while still being absurdly handsome). My wife and I started watching the Bond films from the beginning and we were both shocked that he was 31 or 32 when filming Dr. No. He looks a decade older. No sunscreen + smoking is a helluva combo.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Always found Indiana Jones boring. Even as a kid. Was never into Star Wars either. I just don't like Harrison Ford in those action adventure roles I guess if it isnt Air Force One.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Unlucky7 posted:

Listened to the Saw 4 show and even though I did not watch any of those movies and have no will to, I would love to hear more of “Content Creator Jigsaw”

It's very hard to articulate how monumentally stupid all those films are, but in a totally unsatisfying way. I love the way the guys try to make any sense out of the timelines or try to find something to enjoy in the SAW movies and typically come up empty. Eric's rendition of the chilling SAW theme was good.

I am also one of the weird people in the "I like Temple of Doom" best club, despite its many many issues.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Tato posted:

I am also one of the weird people in the "I like Temple of Doom" best club, despite its many many issues.

I love the opening until they get on the plane, and I love the ending (basically once Indy stops being hypnotized. When he says, "Right, all of us," and they go to rescue the kids, I'm back in), but the middle section is just too much of a drag, for me.

It's not a bad movie, for sure, and way better than part 4, but it just doesn't hold up to 2 of the most fun movies ever made. Which isn't really a fair bar, I know.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dispatch is out!

Episode 679 – The NeverEnding Story

Episode 680 – Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (EMERGENCY EPISODE)

Episode 681 – Paul Blart: Mall Cop with Ben Worcester

Episode 682 – Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies – Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Animation Damnation: Beast Wars: Transformers: “Double Dinobot” (s1, e14)

The Nexus: TOS: “Let That Be Your Last Battlefield” (s3, e15), TNG: “Ménage à Troi”(s3,e24)

Gleep Glossary: Boss Nass

MelR0210: 90210 “Wedding Bell Blues” (s2, e28), Melrose Place: “Under the Mistletoe” (s2, e15)

Once in a Lifetime: Stalked by My Doctor: A Sleepwalker's Nightmare

2nd Quarter Synch-able Commentary: Spider-Man: No Way Home

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

god this is such a good month for WHM, the schedule is just STACKED

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I just read how the new Transformers movie ends, and holy poo poo, I get why they're making it an emergency episode.

Literal end of movie spoilers (basically a post credit scene) from Wikipedia for the new dumb Beast Wars movie, but don't hover over if you want the WHM guys to reveal it (though I'm sure it's about to be everywhere): During an interview, Noah is recruited by a man who knows how Noah helped save the world from Unicron. The man's business card says G.I. Joe.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 5, 2023

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

lol at that sync-able commentary.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
For us pateron subscribers, this month bring the biggest crossover of our lifetime, STALKER DOCTOR VS HORNY SLEEPWALKING LADY .
I , for one, cannot wait .

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I am not reading the spoiler above, but I am absolutely now adding alcohol to my viewing of Transformers this weekend because it's clear I need to be in a different headspace watching it.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Had no idea there was a new transformers movie. If that ep is anything like their other emergency programming it's gonna be one for the ages.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I'm trying to remember what the certified main feed EMERGENCY eps are. BvS and Morbius are the only ones I can remember, but I'm sure there are others.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Justice League might have been emergency too.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
The Power Rangers movie was definitely one

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Batman vs Superman was an "emergency episode". Fun when they've got that much of a bee in their bonnet!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That spoiler sounds fuckin great.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

thrawn527 posted:

I just read how the new Transformers movie ends, and holy poo poo, I get why they're making it an emergency episode.

Literal end of movie spoilers (basically a post credit scene) from Wikipedia for the new dumb Beast Wars movie, but don't hover over if you want the WHM guys to reveal it (though I'm sure it's about to be everywhere): During an interview, Noah is recruited by a man who knows how Noah helped save the world from Unicron. The man's business card says G.I. Joe.

This still sounds better than the average Michael Bay transformer movie.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

MA, GET IN HERE!

Can't believe neither the wiki or the WHM site proper actually say which episodes were emergency ones.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm glad the emergency button exists, otherwise I'd be waiting another 3 years to hear their Holly Hunter piss jar impressions from Batman vs Superman. The vitriol in the emergency eps is so fresh.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The emergency episode on Transformers: Rise of the Beasts is an instant classic if only (BROOKLYN!) the riffing they (BROOKLYN!) do on Optimus Prime's windshield nipples. (BROOKLYN!)

The rest of it is pretty great, too. (BROOKLYN!)

E: Especially the guys riffing on Colman Domingo getting into character as the voice of Unicron. Extra points to Steve for remembering Colman has a husband, not a wife.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 13, 2023

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Legitimately amazed that a member of this crew could hear the name "Bad Dragon" and had to go "I don't know what that means". I thought that was terminally online 101.

E: Jesus christ, how much did the wedding ring company dump on a full 3 minute ad on a comedy podcast, I kept skipping and it kept going

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 13, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Eric apparently running out of the theater as soon as the credits rolled was the biggest laugh of the episode for me, they were just flabbergasted he missed the mid-credits scene that must happen after like 15 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I always laugh when they start screaming “VIVIAN!” I’m glad Stephen started that ball rolling with the last movie. “VIVIAN! GET IN HERE!” is such a fun thing to tell for some reason.