Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

April Dispatch is out

Episode 733 – The Rookie (1990)

Oh man. This movie stinks.

Every single cliche about 80s buddy cop movies rolled into one, without any of the joy found in a parody like Last Action Hero. Sheen is woefully miscast to boot. It's got some good explosions and car stunts, but imo it's one of the worst movies Clint Eastwood has ever directed. All the more stunning that it's the last movie he directs before Unforgiven and his 1990s miracle run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Rageaholic posted:

Once in a Lifetime: Just What the Doctor Ordered

Oooooohhhhh you motherfuckers are in for a treat, it's time for the I'm-not-bullshitting-you Stalked by my Doctor x Hider in the House crossover event

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cael posted:

Andrew’s reaction on Nexus today was totally mine when he went “I’m so relieved you both liked this” for Those Old Scientists.

How did they take the Voyager episode? If I remember it was one of the better Voyager episodes, but that's a low rear end bar. The entire series is a sequence of interesting ideas that could make great TV, which are immediately abandoned for terrible TV options.

Invalid Validation posted:

Besides, even a small budget film can pay an artist for some work. It’s not gonna break the bank.

If I'm not mistaken, it's literally an image or two that you could have gotten via Fiverr in a day or two.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Besides, even a small budget film can pay an artist for some work. It’s not gonna break the bank.

Also that small budget film had like 8 production companies (the title roll at the start of the movie was hilarious and actively for a grown from my crowd as they just kept coming). I’m sure the Saudi production group could front some more cash for a couple new interstitials.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

a whole Sheen month without 1986's The Wraith is an outrage

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
This The Chase erasure is a travesty.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Gotta.save some titles for Sheenpril Two. (Two! Two! Two! Two!)

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Have they said what they’re doing with Nexus after TOS ends in a couple months? Just doing TNG?

They have not said anything about it. They haven't even hinted at it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd assume they'd roll on to DS9, and find that the true top Starfleet Captain is The Sisko. The dark era for Nexus will be when they're doing an episode of Voyager and an episode of Enterprise.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Hey , The Rookie , the movie where Clint Eastwood gets raped by the bad guy woman , didnt know he actually directed it .

On the positive side, im ready for some more Dr Beck nonsense !

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gyges posted:

I'd assume they'd roll on to DS9, and find that the true top Starfleet Captain is The Sisko. The dark era for Nexus will be when they're doing an episode of Voyager and an episode of Enterprise.

I’m assuming they’ll kill the show by Voyager/Enterprise days, for lack of interest from them and the audience.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope they just drop any specific long running tv show. There can be some good stuff but Star Trek and Melro210 is like the least entertaining content they make for me.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Main feed only bros unite

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
If they move onto ds9 the Quark, Odo, and O’Brien impressions should lead to good bits.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

If they move onto ds9 the Quark, Odo, and O’Brien impressions should lead to good bits.

Their willem dafoe impression is just a small step away from quark already

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Bip Roberts posted:

Main feed only bros unite

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/blankcheckpod/status/1774799035271913802?s=46
Some crossover potential happening over on Blank Check later this year

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Watched some holiday appropriate movies over the weekend with my partner. One of the movies was Stigmata, so I listened to the ep the guys did again today.

Early on they talk about Gabriel Byrne thinking he was going to be Keyser Soze in The Usual Suspects and all the success Kevin Spacey had after that. They go on to say, "He wishes he had everything Kevin Spacey has." :stonklol:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think the Star Trek TOS animated series "technically" counts, they could move on to that

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eric would die having to watch that much icky animated stuff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah there's a reason they rarely (if ever?) cover animated flicks on the main feed.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Eric's dislike of animated anything is so baffling to me. It's like saying you like all kinds of music except rap and country. watch what you like and make money off the stuff you hate I guess.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eric’s a goon, he should love cartoons/anime.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Eric’s a goon, he should love cartoons/anime.

Eric signed up for SA because he told about this thread and wanted to communicate with fans and see what everyone was talking about. He was, rightly, quickly scared away. He is not a goon.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

BlameSpacePod posted:

Hi,

Wanted to drop in and let you know some of the thought process here.

A reason we moved mailbags to YouTube is that very few people every downloaded those episodes as audio. Same thing with the On Screen episodes. We receive like maybe a 10th of the download numbers a main episode does. The drop off is like a cliff. So we thought only die hard fans listen to the mailbags, they might enjoy seeing us and making it more of a fan/creator shared experience.

We are not yet sure what we're doing with it but part of making it video only is to get people AWARE we have a YouTube channel. We're going to play with more visual elements going forward, I promise. I also am not sure an On Screen is the best introduction to the show for random people downloading off the main feed too. It just isn't exactly what WHM is, so it's odd for someone to download WHM and hear us gush about a movie instead of "hate" it.

We thought doing Mailbag and OS as video might be a better option than not doing them at all.

We also thought we're coming up 10 years doing this show and it's kinda fun and different to try something new. So a decision there is kinda selfish because we just want to do something different. We want to experiment, have fun in a different way, and see what shakes out. It kinda gets old just doing the same thing forever. I'm open to ideas if you think there's something better we could be doing than YouTube.

We have gotten a ton of positive reaction from fans overseas who resigned to never being able to see a live show, etc, etc.

Eric

Found his most recent post, in case anyone is curious. I guess I shouldn't have said "quickly", he posted for 4 years, but only ever in the 2 Bad Movie Podcast threads.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 1, 2024

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I could see crabin being a lurker tbh

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Weird I thought it was Steve that was the lurking goon. Time to update Goons.xls

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Pretty sure I’ve hard him mention goon stairs before, he’s a goon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
We all know that Steve's one bad movie scenario from just taking himself out, so it makes sense that made sure that he is protected.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

King of New York as an episode would be great. Maybe as part of a new Snipesgiving? There's still plenty of fun movies that would fit in that theme.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm not sure if To Wong Foo would make a good episode.

Edit: murder at 1600 is absolutely an episode though

Double edit: already was one

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 2, 2024

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Omigod, I'm gonna kill her, omigod, I'm gonna kill her

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

DoubleCakes posted:

Omigod, I'm gonna kill her, omigod, I'm gonna kill her

i randomly had just finished relistening to The Substitute ep before listening to the Major League ep so this was super funny to me

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Chris mentioned 'Slap Shot.' If you've not seen it, check it out. It's a legit great movie even if you don't give a poo poo about hockey.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Chris mentioned 'Slap Shot.' If you've not seen it, check it out. It's a legit great movie even if you don't give a poo poo about hockey.

It's the only sports movie I like more than Major League. It's also a great example how movies used to acknowledge the working class as normal people and simply can't anymore.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

It's the only sports movie I like more than Major League. It's also a great example how movies used to acknowledge the working class as normal people and simply can't anymore.

I went to the arena they used for filming it and they've got screen used props, costumes, photos all over the place. It's pretty cool.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
No idea why, but Eric's aside of "Ok, we're gonna talk about pie now" during Young Einstein made me laugh a lot. Relax folks, it's Young Einstein.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Before I saw Slap Shot all I knew about it was the Hansen brothers and that they made a DTV sequel decades later with one of the Baldwins. I was shocked that Slap Shot was an actual movie with a point of view and characters and everything! The Hansens are barely in it but they gave it the best moment:

”I’m listening to the loving SONG!”

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My dad was a huge Slapshot fan and I probably saw it for the first time when I was like 12 thanks to him. I basically have the entire movie memorized at this point, I'm definitely overdue for a rewatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I hope we get Repo Man in Estevember.