Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

I take umbrage to them giving poo poo to the godfather game, which at least the Wii version was super fun

Oh it's a fun game, especially when you're shaking down stores and walking the streets, it's just not The Godfather or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This mailbag episode is awesome. Not only is it twice as long as usual, but the extra length is all about pantshitting!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

This mailbag episode is awesome. Not only is it twice as long as usual, but the extra length is all about pantshitting!

I sent in a letter and they didn't read it. It made me sad. I sent another one today for next months, but no doubt they will not read it either.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MisterBibs posted:

:confused: The first one absolute absolutely had more story than the original Mega Man. You had actual characters with actual dialogue propelling the plot forward.

Well obviously, I just meant the later games in the series had comparatively more.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Oh it's a fun game, especially when you're shaking down stores and walking the streets, it's just not The Godfather or anything.

it had mush to do with godfather as the et game had to do with the film.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I have two stories I'm going to send in for feb, really hoping the involved parties don't listen! (One story is 17 years ago, God I'm old, so I'm probably safe)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I sent in a letter and they didn't read it. It made me sad. I sent another one today for next months, but no doubt they will not read it either.

I sent one while I was smash rear end wasted and they read it (it was about accents/impressions) so keep at it!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only thing that sucks about getting a letter read is that they probably won't read another of yours again.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

cheerfullydrab posted:

The only thing that sucks about getting a letter read is that they probably won't read another of yours again.

Just sign with a different name, or be safe in the assumption that they probably don't keep a list of people whose email they read on the podcast and will likely only remember you if you're sending lots and lots of emails.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

I've noticed something odd about the oldest player on the WHM site.

For the first 100 episodes or so they have a standalone player which opens as a black window, later episodes open page with embedded players. For those middle ones (100-150, roughly?) there is no slider, which is a bummer. Anyhow, for those early episodes the player cuts out at some point between minute 5 and 6, absolutely without fail. Why does that happen? Does anyone else get that? It isn't really a problem, more a glitch. I just refresh the window and move the slider to 4'30" and let it play out because it never glitches again between minutes 5 and 6. Periodically I get the same - maybe once or twice - later on in those early episodes, again cured the same way.

It is definitely a glitch with the player. It's weird it always happens at the same place in every episode, never on a replay, and never with their other players. Any ideas? :shrug:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I noticed that too. I think the "player" for those early ones is just your browser's default when opening an mp3, and the pausing/freezing comes from your browser not buffering the full track as it goes along.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I cant tell if his voice is just naturally weirdly low or if he needs to choke up on the mic but Szyszka always seems way lower in the mix than everyone else and is hard to hear sometimes if I don't have the volume pretty high.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Bolek posted:

I cant tell if his voice is just naturally weirdly low or if he needs to choke up on the mic but Szyszka always seems way lower in the mix than everyone else and is hard to hear sometimes if I don't have the volume pretty high.

I think he just tends to be calmer and speak relatively softly compared to everyone else.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

BigglesSWE posted:

Next Listener's Request Month I'm gonna suggest Ace Ventura Jr, Pet Detective OR Titanic: The Legend Goes On...

That Titanic movie's the one with the rapping dog, right? It's definitely bad, but there's another animated Titanic movie which is even more batshit, if you can believe it. It's called The Legend of the Titanic. Look it up on Wikipedia, because it is *insane*.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bolek posted:

He's got a pretty quiet voice which also happens to be rather deep - it doesn't pick up as well in the mics.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

well why not posted:

He's got a pretty quiet voice which also happens to be rather deep - it doesn't pick up as well in the mics.

If that's the case all that needs to be done is for the gain to be turned up. Mics are pretty sensitive you can whisper into one if you want donchaknow

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm trying to do my podcast homework but I'm having serious trouble buying Vin Diesel as an 800-year old witch hunter / secret agent. Only 20 minutes in but hearing this ridiculous dialogue come out of his face is amazing. Just wish he had kept his olden times wig and beard from the opening scene.

Michael Caine does the voiceover / plays Vin's Alfred (he's been on screen for 4 minutes and has already told Vin to find a nice woman and settle down). This is gonna be fantastic fodder for their impressions of him.

Edit: Ah, rats. Turns out he spends 90% of the movie in a magic coma.

Overall this was less of a trainwreck than I thought it would be. Definitely a step up from Russell Madness. The only really cringeworthy parts are when random characters refer to Vin having known historical figures like Beethoven, Napoleon, Stalin and ... *sly wink* ... Hitler. And appearantly they were all witches or something. Nothing anyone does in the third act made much sense when you stop to think about it but that's kind of par for the course.

The movie's biggest flaw is that Ygritte from GOT is in it as The Good Witch Who Helps Vin and we never see her boobs. Oh, and giving your main character a flaming sword as his signature weapon but only having him use it for 90 seconds total at the beginning and end.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 26, 2016

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Mike pulls out the Mary Sue reference.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The witches can PAY for the bee wall, dummy! #makeamericagreatagain

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
What's the easiest way to listen to the old episodes on my phone? The default podcast app only goes back to around 100.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
You can all download them from their site.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Someone do me a solid and call in Big Money Rustlas. Not even kidding.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm gonna see if I can get them to do Starship Troopers. It'll be ten years next year so they might not go with it, but it's a pretty dumb movie and I think they'd have fun with it. I'm sure they'd like to know more.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Can't remember if they've ever talked about their stance on Verhoeven in previous LRMs (I vaguely remember them mentioning Showgirls as a movie that won't be on the show) but I doubt they'd do that one. Also ST isn't bad, it's just Verhoeven at his craziest and the satire aspect of it gets kind of muddled. It doesn't help that all the violence and boobs made a lot of critics at the time skip right over that part of it.

Maybe one of the DTV sequels?

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 26, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TetsuoTW posted:

Someone do me a solid and call in Big Money Rustlas. Not even kidding.

Double feature with Big Money Hustlas :colbert:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

Can't remember if they've ever talked about their stance on Verhoeven in previous LRMs (I vaguely remember them mentioning Showgirls as a movie that won't be on the show) but I doubt they'd do that one. Also ST isn't bad, it's just Verhoeven at his craziest and the satire aspect of it gets kind of muddled. It doesn't help that all the violence and boobs made a lot of critics at the time skip right over that part of it.

Yeah, that seems like a safe bet. Which one is the one where the Sky Marshals do that dance sequence? They'd love that.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, this episode is going to some weird places.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Illinois Smith posted:

I dunno, Starship Troopers seems like it fits pretty neatly in the Mortal Kombat/Only the Strong zone: it's not a bad movie, hell, it's incredibly fun, but there's a lot to make fun of in it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Count Chocula posted:

What's the easiest way to listen to the old episodes on my phone? The default podcast app only goes back to around 100.

They old ones are normal MP3s on the website, download them or even just play them via the phone's web browser.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Vin Diesel is rolling really terrible if all he's getting is 10s

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Vin Diesel is rolling really terrible if all he's getting is 10s

Clearly that's his damage roll. :colbert:

I'm really tempted to write in and point out that the Apocalypse World RPG has an unofficial Vin Diesel class.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Clearly that's his damage roll. :colbert:

I'm really tempted to write in and point out that the Apocalypse World RPG has an unofficial Vin Diesel class.

How many balls do they have?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Anything is made better with Good Ole JR commentating it. :bahgawd:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I haven't finished the episode, but how can anyone list highlights of Vin Diesel's filmography and leave out Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

How many balls do they have?

quote:

Kind of Famous: When you seduce or manipulate someone, and they’ve seen your movies, roll+cool instead of roll+hot. Furthermore they’ll be eager to please you. Your acknowledgement and approval of them is sufficient leverage for them to consider doing anything for you, short of sacrificing themselves or their loved ones, and occasionally even that.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I dunno, Starship Troopers seems like it fits pretty neatly in the Mortal Kombat/Only the Strong zone: it's not a bad movie, hell, it's incredibly fun, but there's a lot to make fun of in it.

I feel like they know too much about movies to even pretend ST is bad. It's a spot-on satire that predicted Fox News' Gulf War coverage, among other things. I hate it when bad movie podcasts mock good movies.
I bet I Don't Even Own A Television will cover the book eventually.

I played in an SA Forum game of Everyone Is John where we were all Gary Busey. I ate Nick Cage's brain to gain his weirdness. Or vice versa.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 27, 2016

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The more I listened to that episode, the more I wish the Vin Diesel cineverse had a crossover event.

Also everyone failing to do a good Vin Diesel impression and blaming it on lack of testicles absolutely killed me.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Did they do a "welcome to the show vin"? I can't remember if they did another of his dumb movies.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Looks like Paulie Walnuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Firstborn posted:

Did they do a "welcome to the show vin"? I can't remember if they did another of his dumb movies.

I don't think anyone said it but this was indeed his first appearance. It probably won't be his last though, because xXx is a Rob Cohen film.