Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

That summary is edited better than the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
That's clearly written by the same person. Did Bret Michaels write these?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

A quick glance at IMBD tells me that Bret Micheals wrote and directed another movie starring the Sheens (and good ol' Joe)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131502/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_4

With bonus Marc Dacascos!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Crowetron posted:

A quick glance at IMBD tells me that Bret Micheals wrote and directed another movie starring the Sheens (and good ol' Joe)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131502/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_4

With bonus Marc Dacascos!

Joe is doing a double duty in that?

Also holy poo poo Joe's IMDB bio

quote:

Joe Estevez' first time on the stage was as a 6-year-old playing the "Evil Inn Keeper" in a Christmas Nativity play, and as an actor he has never looked back. Born the last of ten children to an Irish immigrant mother and a Spanish immigrant father, Joe was raised in Dayton Ohio to be a factory worker but he had other plans for himself, and two hundred and thirty some films later Joe feels his decision was correct.

For most actors the road is never easy, but through perseverance, faith and talent Joe has become an accomplished actor, and in Hollywood today he is one of the busiest actors for one reason: He is one of the best at what he does. Joe can be seen weekly on the T.V. series "Hollywood Joe" and as the host of the critically acclaimed Faith Film Festival in N.Y.C. And if you want to read about Joe, pick up a copy of his book "Wiping off the Sheen". - IMDb Mini Biography By: Randy Benzie (totally not Joe Estevez)

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I wish I could hear their reaction to the Joe Estevez magnum opus Rollergator but I know that one is too bad to even be an episode. It probably falls into the "not technically a movie" category.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ror posted:

I wish I could hear their reaction to the Joe Estevez magnum opus Rollergator but I know that one is too bad to even be an episode. It probably falls into the "not technically a movie" category.
Oh god Rollergator. I got that from Rifftrax and it took me three sittings to get through.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I never knew Joe Estevez was a thing and now that one episode of Eagleheart with Martin Sheen as a guest star makes a lot more sense.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, for almost 2 decades my head was clear and the 90s just a non intrusive memory of my teenage years.

Now every few days as I go about virtually any day to day task, from the back of my head and out of nowhere my brain is suddenly filled with

Dig through the ditches,
And burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my Dragula

Goddamn it, WHM.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I still haven't figured out why FYAD's title is 'please don't sing Dragula', unless is one of the guys.
Now that's stuck in my head again.
When I saw Rob Zombie at a festival I thought his outfit and makeup were way better than his music.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Count Chocula posted:

When I saw Rob Zombie at a festival I thought his outfit and makeup were way better than his music.
Rob Zombie is all about style over substance. He also has a severe case of I MARRIED A HOT ACTRESS SO ALL MY MOVIES MUST FEATURE HER PROMINENTLY disease. All I remember about Lords of Salem is the part where it turns into a music video and she's riding a goat in slow-mo.

That said, still pretty psyched for his People vs Nightmare Clowns movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Lords of Salem is a good movie, and Sheri Moon is good in it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
gently caress! The tickets to the Chicago show are already sold out, son of a bitch.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
"It's totally sold out"

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

The person who wrote the IMDb plot summary was really into it:

I read the "Or is it, question mark?" in Steve's voice

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

So what's your WHM Top 3?

Here's mine (replay value probably influenced this).

1. Blame it on Rio
2. The Good Son
3. The Principal / The Substitute Split LP

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
1. Easy Rider 2
2. Blame It On Rio
3. The Butterfly Effect

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
1. Ewoks: Battle for Endor (listened to this about 10 times now)
2. Blame It on Rio
3. Abraxas

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

1. Dracula2000
2. Easy Rider 2
3. Mrs Doubtfire

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
1. Abraxas
2. Taking Care of Business
3. Hard Target

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
1. Pippi Longstocking
2. Wild In The Streets
3. Invisible Child

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

1. Blame it on Rio
2. Mrs. Doubtfire
3. Jack Frost

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
I haven't listened to the Taking Care of Business episode, but this VHS rental promo has me pretty excited to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR8EhylwmF4 (It just keeps going!)

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
1. Pippi Longstocking
"She's pullin' a burn! SHE'S PULLIN' A BURN!"

2. The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
"Ernie Hudson is building a fence, rolling his eyes."

3. Dreamcatcher
"Morgan Freeman's in a helicopter chasing after the third act of this movie."

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

1. Cocoon
2. The Butterfly Effect
3. The Watcher

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Pipi
Dreamcatcher
Doubtfire

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Secret Window
Abraxas
Butterfly Effect

Honorable mention to Tim Burton's smoke bombs in Mystery Men.

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012
Dreamcatcher
The Butterfly Effect
Santa Claus: The Movie

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
It's Frank Welker's birthday today. 70 years, so he'll be doing laps in the money bin.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Pallbearer
Mrs. Doubtfire
Invisible Child

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I am genuinely surprised that Blame it on Rio is in the top three for so many people.

Outside of the gross premise is an incredible bland movie where little happens and there are only so many times they can get angry before it becomes boring.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
You can get a lot of mileage out of sexual deviancy and bad Michael Caine impressions

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

e X posted:

I am genuinely surprised that Blame it on Rio is in the top three for so many people.

Outside of the gross premise is an incredible bland movie where little happens and there are only so many times they can get angry before it becomes boring.

They just hate it so much.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hail Caesar is one of my favourites, I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it yet.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Nukie
Rocky IV
Brainscan

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

e X posted:

Some episodes of the show are good because of the impressions. Others because of the bizarre scenarios the guys make up for the characters. Blame It on Rio is good because of the extreme moral outrage and disgust. They get hopping mad like in no other episode over a movie no one has ever seen.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I don't get the love for Pippi, myself. It's a ridiculous movie but it's so surreal on its own that you can't really make jokes about it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ravenkult posted:

I don't get the love for Pippi, myself. It's a ridiculous movie but it's so surreal on its own that you can't really make jokes about it.

It's the horse.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Some episodes of the show are good because of the impressions. Others because of the bizarre scenarios the guys make up for the characters. Blame It on Rio is good because of the extreme moral outrage and disgust. They get hopping mad like in no other episode over a movie no one has ever seen.

It stays on track the whole time because there's so much to talk about. Those are my favorite episodes, Wild In The Streets, Wired (which is amazing for such an early episode) and Deadly Friend are great examples of that.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ravenkult posted:

They just hate it so much.

"Michael Caine's name in this movie should be Rio!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Corek posted:

"Michael Caine's name in this movie should be Rio!"
"Hey Michael Caine, you got a saddle for that high horse you've been riding on?"