Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Stealth really should have had cameos by Steve Guttenberg and Fisher Stevens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

What other movies do people have in mind for the next stretch of call-ins, besides the later output from everyone involved in Wayne's World?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

I feel like if WHM ever gets around to doing The Stupids, they'll have a little more fun with it than they expected.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Evil Mastermind posted:

The stuff they talk about just after that (the porta-potty bit) made me sick to my stomach. It's incredibly disgusting.
Quick reference shot for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whenever their first Jim Belushi movie was.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Man, I would love to hear their reactions to Earth Girls Are Easy, especially the Goldblum gushing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Once Bitten would be great, too. Whole lot of camp and riffing opportunities for the guys.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Keep the TV movie train rolling.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Does anybody have a mirror for the WHM episode on Jack Frost (the Michael Keaton one, not the Shannon Elizabeth one). The mirror somebody linked on page two of this thread seems to have expired.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Thanks, I'd gotten a 'file not found' error last time I tried their link, assumed it hadn't been fixed yet.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Well, now that Listener Request Month is up, anyone wanna own up to stuff they called in that didn't get picked up for this go-round? My big one was Sweet Liberty, which was written and directed by its star, Alan Alda, with Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Lillian Gish in supporting roles. I also called in 1999's Resurrection, a Se7en wannabe starring Christopher Lambert (who also got a story credit, somehow) and directed by Highlander/Highlander II's Russell Mulcahy, and House of Cards with Tommy Lee Jones as a child psychologist and Kathleen Turner as the mom trying to reach her traumatized daughter through the use of VR and giant-sized playing cards.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Just wanna point out that Vibrations is also on Netflix, if anyone wants it in a crisper-than-Youtube presentation.

Tender Bender posted:

Did you pitch it with those exact words? Because if so I don't know how they didn't pick it :psyduck:
The wording was pretty close to that, yeah. I'm looking forward to the lottery thing they're doing around March, so I can just dump a bunch of suggestions in their hotline. Fingers crossed for next week's episode being Brainscan, since that was an item on my list I didn't get around to calling in.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Heteroy posted:

If anything, GI Joe is even less grounded than most episodes of Captain Planet. A show where the spirit of Mother Earth entrusts five teenagers with magical rings that control the elements (Love is the fifth element) and can combine to summon an ecological superhero.
Excuse me, it's not Love, it's Heart. Which means that kid could have induced cardiac arrest in the villains.
:goonsay:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Is this movie worth seeing for myself before I listen to the episode?
Yeah.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Heaven help the WHM guys if they ever find a movie with Jodie Foster and Gary Busey in it, because those impressions are going to be tripping all over each other.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

So after finally tracking down a copy of The Hand and watching it, it seems like WHM's link to the episode for it (#6) is down. Would anyone happen to have a back-up copy or mirror of it?

Also, boo to the little blurbs getting removed from the Episodes page.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Awesome, thank you!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Count Chocula posted:

After a night of playing Lucio in Overwatch, I randomly listened to the Only the Strong episode, and I need to watch it now. It sounds AWESOME.
But no Eddie Gordo references? Guess the guys only play Mortal Kombat.
Which I just got (the new one), and when my friend kept knowing all the dumb random characters I thought of WHM.
Revisiting the Godzilla episode the other day, when it got to the part about GZ's radioactive piss melting people, I was a little puzzled they didn't throw in a reference to Primal Rage, given all the MK mentions they drop. It may not have been anywhere as big as MK or Street Fighter, but most people of that era threw a few quarters at it, right?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

I feel like Home Alone 2 would be great for one of the 'milestone' episodes, like #300. Set in New York, obviously, which would fuel a good 20 minutes of tangents, but there's the essential recycling of the first movie's plot, Tim Curry, Rob Schneider, Joe Pesci impersonations, so many scenes for Andrew to say something like "They would be dead," in response to, and the weird Florida scenes.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

And the fact that someone on the design team thought it would be a great idea to have a portrait of M. Bison done in the style of one of John Wayne Gavy's paintings just to hang up as a background detail.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

At this point, probably Gen.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

e X posted:

They do little to no actual criticism on the show outside of stating their opinions on the movie.
That's a pretty standard part of criticism. In my opinion.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

BlameSpacePod posted:

P.S.
RIP Blame It On Outer Space 2012-2016.
:barf:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Eric The Body

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Shirec posted:

Also one super awkward moment where we put in Back to the Future and found out that PG back then is different than PG now.
In regards to which part?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Question: Does the Dr. Strange movie ever end up visually resembling the comics, or is it the boring-rear end Inception visuals seen in the trailer the whole way through?
There's about eight minutes total of stuff that goes for the colorful weirdness of the comics.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 21, 2017

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Cromartie High School episode with a guy who likes comedy getting steamed over a stupid comedy show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Any of the multiple Siegfried and Roy cartoon series would be good too, if just for the crew's incredulity. This one, which used to be on Hulu, would probably be best, though.